• Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

bring it on

nigel

Posted

Looking at the 06z charts

850 temp looks set to drop to around -9c during Sunday morning mid afternoon should drop to around -12c

Dam line during Sunday morning around 531 dropping to around 525 around dinner time this could drop to around 519 late sunday evening

850 to 1000 hgt 0900-= 1290 = 70%

......................1200= 1299= 70%

------------------1500= 1280= around 90%

......................1800= 1280= around 90%

From looking at these figures , i would say around dinner time onwards

nigel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

All these threads are confusing me now, what's Northern England if we've already got NE and NW? Cumbria, Northumberland etc?

Posted

Afternoon Phil

Long time no speak{ hope all is well]

Yep its looking very good indeed, and your Location is ideal , You usually get it bad down that way

nigel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Being a Field Service Engineer, I can do reports for Leeds and surrounding districts.

Might even take my camcorder with me and make some Youtube videos.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!
The roving snow reporter for weardale reporting for duty sir!

If all goes to plan i'll not be able to get to work so snow reports for the next week it is

I'm hoping I won't make it in to work too. I'm thinking of taking Tuesday or Wedensday off if I can make it in.

Could be interesting in my job if I get there, I now deal a lot with the transport side, getting our stuff to the supermarkets, from Consett!

Unfortunatly I can't get online now at work, I sit in the middle of the office where everyone can see my screen ;) I might come on with my mobile at lunchtime though.

Good to see on the ensembles the operational doesn't have much backup for the mild sector after the intial cold blast...

post-3392-1233408865_thumb.png

Posted

Im hoping we get a good amount of snowfall at low levels, then if we do im going to take a sickie , where i work its around 515 ft ASL , Gateshead,

Where i live its around 219ft above see level Gosforth , im around 10 mile inland from the coast

nigel

Posted

from what I can make of the fax charts its looking good for me here in the central lancashire zone of snowlessness. would i be correct in thinking this?  :)

Posted

post-4475-1233411441_thumb.png

nigel

Posted

How's it looking for LBA Airport?? It seems good, but im concerned that the snow will turn to sleet during Tuesday because of this mild sector, or am i too far north for it to affect me?

Edit: This topic shouldnt include Northern England as there is a NW Engalnd topic as well, making it confusing for some as there are two areas that you can put posts in

Edited by 10123

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)

The question for many of us on here is how far will those potent showers spread inland? Quite well I'd say.

Posted
The question for many of us on here is how far will those potent showers spread inland? Quite well I'd say.

Hi Yeti, Hope you've got your camera charged and at the ready :)

Posted
Hi Yeti, Hope you've got your camera charged and at the ready :)

Haha

You are in a much better place than me, but I'm hoping the showers will make their way right the way over to the Pennines. :)

Posted
Haha

You are in a much better place than me, but I'm hoping the showers will make their way right the way over to the Pennines. :)

Yes, there seems to be some negativity around tonight, but I believe we are still in good shape :)

There's a notable change in the temps already

Posted

My room faces east.

I can tell you the draught is rather nippy. Gonna be a few chilly mornings coming up!!!!! :)

Posted
Yes, there seems to be some negativity around tonight, but I believe we are still in good shape :)

There's a notable change in the temps already

Yes it feels like it's getting colder by the minute as the wind picks up!

Cannot understand the negativity. Or rather, I can: the 12z came out :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

Evening all- exciting times for our area, especially given the updated metoffice warnings! I think we should have some kind of netweather get-together and all celebrate this easterly with a nice pint in a beer garden (maybe!). Just to get us in the mood for whats gonna happen tomorrow/monday (and beyond?) here's the video I made during the one-day easterly last January. Bring it on!!!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eGGg3Cgt-bk

Posted
Evening all- exciting times for our area, especially given the updated metoffice warnings! I think we should have some kind of netweather get-together and all celebrate this easterly with a nice pint in a beer garden (maybe!). Just to get us in the mood for whats gonna happen tomorrow/monday (and beyond?) here's the video I made during the one-day easterly last January. Bring it on!!!

Yes that's a good idea let's all meet for a beer in Harrogate. Followed by sledging in Valley Gardens and snowman building on the Stray :lol:

Posted

I think the highest lowland snowfall will occur in the eastern pennine upslopes! Places like halifax/bradford/skipton should see heavy snowshowers buffering up aggainst the pennines producing spells of persistent heavy snow, whereas towards the coast they quickly move through..

My early estimations for 1800 sunday - 0000 tuesday are for 2-5cm in all other parts of yorkshire (excluding coast) and 5-10cm in the places I have just highlighted. :lol:

I think come friday, it should be the higher parts of west yorkshire who have seen the most snow. I think the mild sector early tuesday onwards should restrict snowfall amounts in the north yorkshire moors to no more than 20cm. Some where like tanhill or great whernside cud see 40cm+! :lol:

Posted
How much snow can be expected in the NE (i.e 5 inches or 3ft)

Apologies if you thought i never answered your snow question last night on MSN, i did but the message could not be sent too you for some reason, anyways not sure how much snow we might get but i expect at least a decent covering by Monday afternoon. The snow potential for Monday evening is marginal it has to be said, the timing is certainly on ourside however but whether that will make a difference i don't know and this will depend how much snow we will get. So basically by Tuesday morning, we could have some lovely wintry scenes or very slushy/wet ground hopefully it will be the former though.

Posted

Heyup

I notice you're in Garforth. I'm in Crossgates. :cold:

Posted
Apologies if you thought i never answered your snow question last night on MSN, i did but the message could not be sent too you for some reason, anyways not sure how much snow we might get but i expect at least a decent covering by Monday afternoon. The snow potential for Monday evening is marginal it has to be said, the timing is certainly on ourside however but whether that will make a difference i don't know and this will depend how much snow we will get. So basically by Tuesday morning, we could have some lovely wintry scenes or very slushy/wet ground hopefully it will be the former though.

It would be nice if that front on Tuesday with the warm-sector just brought no precipitation with it. Sadly; that wont be the case and sleet\rain is likely from Tuesday morning which could turn snow cover into slush quite readily. Very shortlived affair and not something I'm too excited about to be honest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun
It would be nice if that front on Tuesday with the warm-sector just brought no precipitation with it. Sadly; that wont be the case and sleet\rain is likely from Tuesday morning which could turn snow cover into slush quite readily. Very shortlived affair and not something I'm too excited about to be honest.

That's if GFS is right ? If the track of the low follows ECM/UKMO evolution more closely won't most of our area stay in the colder air long enough for most of the precipitation to stay as snow, except maybe right down on the coast ?