Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: N&W Yorks, Northern & North East England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Another snow grain shower is here im expecting around 10cm in the morning and school to becalled off

Posted

Some very light grains coming down at the moment although looks to be getting darker now.

I'm surprised it hasn't been as windy as I thought it'd be, starting to pickup a tad now though.

Edited by CraigUK

Posted

Early warnings of severe or extreme weather

These are issued when the Met Office has 60% or greater confidence that severe weather is expected in the next few days.

Risk of disruption Warning Valid from Valid to

North East England:60% Darlington

60% Durham

60% Hartlepool

60% Middlesbrough

60% Northumberland

60% Redcar + Cleveland

60% Stockton-on-Tees

60% Tyne + Wear

Heavy Snow 0001 Mon 2 2359 Mon 2

There is a High Risk of a Severe Weather event affecting much of England and Wales on Monday. Periods of snow will continue to extend northwestwards through the day, with heavy falls likely in places. Although marked variations will occur from place to place, 5-10cm is likely in many areas with as much as 20-30cm possible, especially over higher ground. Drifting will occur in fresh to strong easterly winds. This could cause disruption to travel networks, especially across higher level routes.

This Early Warning will be superseded by Flash messages.

Issued at: 1407 Sun 1 Feb

North East England:60% Darlington

60% Durham

60% Hartlepool

60% Middlesbrough

60% Northumberland

60% Redcar + Cleveland

60% Stockton-on-Tees

60% Tyne + Wear

Heavy Snow 0000 Tue 3 2359 Tue 3

There is a High Risk of a Severe Weather event affecting much of England, Wales and eastern Scotland during Tuesday. Periods of snow will continue to extend northwestwards through the day, with heavy falls likely in places. Although marked variations will occur from place to place, 5-10cm is likely in many areas with as much as 20-30cm possible, especially over higher ground. Drifting will occur in fresh to strong easterly winds. This could cause disruption to travel networks, especially across higher level routes.

Snow may turn to rain from the east at lower levels.

This Early Warning will be updated at 11:00 on Monday 2nd February 2009.

Issued at: 1343 Sun 1 Feb

Posted
Wow we have proper snow now! starting to settle will take a pic on the web cam

Is it heading my way

Posted

Complete white out wow!

tiny snow but there is LOADS of it

The fog is the snow! The pic doesn't really do it justice it was completely chucking it down left a layer and its slowed down now but bigger flakes

post-418-1233498901_thumb.jpg

Edited by lizziek

Posted
Another small snow flurry here at the moment, those convective clouds are getting closer according to the satalite images so the fun and games will hopefully start soon.

its not in hebburn :|, i was in boldon when i saw the snow before it better not miss me lmao

Posted
Another small snow flurry here at the moment, those convective clouds are getting closer according to the satalite images so the fun and games will hopefully start soon.

Hi Paul, after some fairly moderate snow, it seems to have died down a little here.

What do you think will happen later tonight mate? :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy
Hi Paul, after some fairly moderate snow, it seems to have died down a little here.

What do you think will happen later tonight mate? :)

http://www.sat24.com/eu

Have a looky at what is falling into the north sea off Holland/Denmark ,and how the cloud builds up over the water as it hits the N.Sea, and then make a guess!!

I think our 'early start' was just the clag off the north sea and wasn't supposed to give us this 'prelude'. My guess is tonights showers are from the airmass now over the North sea (sourced from much warmer climes and so packed with moisture) pouring out of Germany.

You can also see the L.P. that will bring up tomorrow p.m.'s snow over Biscay.

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted

Not looking too bad atm, been snowing on and off lighlty (sometimes moderatley) all day, hoping for some real heavy snow showers before it gets dark.

Posted

What do you think will happen later, tonight, mate? :)

I think its look pretty good for both of our locations tonight, i think we are both got a decent chance of getting a covering of snow at least.

About Monday Night's event then i think due to your height and how far away from the coast you are, you could do quite well, i expect the PPN to change to rain here but it could well stay as snow for where you are. :)

Posted
http://www.sat24.com/eu

Have a looky at what is falling into the north sea off Holland/Denmark ,and how the cloud builds up over the water as it hits the N.Sea, and then make a guess!!

I think our 'early start' was just the clag off the north sea and wasn't supposed to give us this 'prelude'. My guess is tonights showers are from the airmass now over the North sea (sourced from much warmer climes and so packed with moisture) pouring out of Germany.

You can also see the L.P. that will bring up tomorrow p.m.'s snow over Biscay.

Thanks for that, lots to look forward to then :D

Posted
:D:D Only Light Stuff so far but a much heavier one just about 5 mins away across the valley ...Dew point now down to -3.5!! :D:D:D

Posted

had some big snoflakes earlier now some very heavy hail type showers covering roads paths etc, gritters gone past and it settled still!

Stopped hailing now :D

Posted
had some big snoflakes earlier now some very heavy hail type showers covering roads paths etc, gritters gone past and it settled still!

Stopped hailing now :)

lol, no point me reporting my weather as its allways the same as what you report!

Hoping for the showers tonight and tommorow to channel through the wharfedale valley giving us more snow than most :)

Posted

Stopped hailing now :)

same here. i can see blue sky! my girls want a day off school tomorrow. hope we get loads more. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Just a few snow grains here so far in Jarrow. Heading back home to Stanley now for a couple of fun days hopefully!

To me the ppn tomorrow night could give a good spell of snow for most, only changing to rain near the coast and near sea level. I think anyone with a bit altitude, say above 1-200m could see all snow :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but boringly hot

Im sure you wont be dissapointed multi cellular, there is hail on and off in dipton, not far from stanley, hopefully will provide underblanket for the main event to strike in a couple of hours.

Enjoy

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)

Just a dusting in Harrogate but the sky to the E is black :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

On and off graupel really here since about 11am. Some fairly heavy bursts though. I'm liking the way the radar is looking from half 2 to half 3! Could be the real snow is about to hit!

BB

Edit- Yeti, when you buying me that celebratory pint- you should come out in pontefract tonight... all them girls in their skimpy outfits freezing in the snow! Oh and cheap drinks too haha!

Edited by bazookabob