Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: N&W Yorks, Northern & North East England

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
On and off graupel really here since about 11am. Some fairly heavy bursts though. I'm liking the way the radar is looking from half 2 to half 3! Could be the real snow is about to hit!

BB

Edit- Yeti, when you buying me that celebratory pint- you should come out in pontefract tonight... all them girls in their skimpy outfits freezing in the snow! Oh and cheap drinks too haha!

Haha I was out last night till late, after a 6 mile walk I feel dead today! Tonight's one for the lamp post I feel :o

Posted
Just a dusting in Harrogate but the sky to the E is black :o

wonder if we will get some snow tonight,we in harrogate seem to miss all the good stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

MetO Flash warnings now updated.

Posted

Aaaaaargggghhh :) sick of this on and off snow that doesnt settle at all , why cant it just cluster together for a prolonged period of snow!!!!!

On a plus note, i have a "be prepared" warning from the METO "Heavy Snow & Drifting Snow", too bad you guys dont have one in North Yorshire, aaah well :)

Posted

Well, I'm going to have a stab at predicting when the North East gets it's first blast. So far one or two sprinkles of grauply type precip but you've got to look hard!

My gues will be 10-00pm for Tyne and Wear.

Anyone else wanna try ?

Karl

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Ill Guess 5 30pm for Teeside latest radar shows it coming to us now

Well, I'm going to have a stab at predicting when the North East gets it's first blast. So far one or two sprinkles of grauply type precip but you've got to look hard!

My gues will be 10-00pm for Tyne and Wear.

Anyone else wanna try ?

Karl

lol...ok then i'll go for 8-25 pm

Edited by hannegan

Posted

:D Much heavier now snow sticking to everything, and is being blown around in the strong wind....Dew point -5.1and falling !

:lol: :rolleyes::yahoo::clap::rofl:

Posted

After my post earlier its been a bit of a mixed back with clear skies at one point but I'm happy to report that the heavy stuff is back and is hopefully here to stay settling too :rolleyes: Current Temp 1 Windchill -7 Dewpoint -3.8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy
Thing getting going nicely here - proper flakes falling now :wub:

From looking at sat and rainfall radar I think we are starting to see the 'proper' snow, that was forecast, starting to settle in. If you look at the intensity of the showers (now through Humberside) they seem a lot 'fiercer'. Seeing as MetO have put out 'flash' warnings ,and the amount of cloud yet to hit the north sea, we may be in for more than was originally forecast for Sunday night.......and then there's monday pm's dump to come????

Our temps here have dropped a degree in the past hour too so maybe the colder air is now biting in with large 'clumpy flakes' on the wind.

Posted

I doubt i will see any lying snow here tommorow morning :wub: . What is ment to be happening with the showers?? beeb shows showers in North East but nothing on radar (cant access raintoday.co.uk but can acces meto radar), are they meant to kick in early monday morning?? Hopefully so, i will be a lot more hopefull.

From looking at sat and rainfall radar I think we are starting to see the 'proper' snow, that was forecast, starting to settle in. If you look at the intensity of the showers (now through Humberside) they seem a lot 'fiercer'. Seeing as MetO have put out 'flash' warnings ,and the amount of cloud yet to hit the north sea, we may be in for more than was originally forecast for Sunday night.......and then there's monday pm's dump to come????

Our temps here have dropped a degree in the past hour too so maybe the colder air is now biting in with large 'clumpy flakes' on the wind.

Maybe its because its getting dark?

Posted
I doubt i will see any lying snow here tommorow morning :wallbash: . What is ment to be happening with the showers?? beeb shows showers in North East but nothing on radar (cant access raintoday.co.uk but can acces meto radar), are they meant to kick in early monday morning?? Hopefully so, i will be a lot more hopefull.

Maybe its because its getting dark?

I think they are approaching from the south mate slowy

Posted

Just been out, Bradford to Leeds and back, Strong winds at times, driving hail for a brief snap. Temp dropped to 0 Degrees outside (Courtesy of temp indicator on my Saab) still only seeing grains falling though....

I'm starting to think that there is a little more Hype than snow out :wallbash:

Disolusioned, on a hill nr Bradford.

xx

Posted
Just been out, Bradford to Leeds and back, Strong winds at times, driving hail for a brief snap. Temp dropped to 0 Degrees outside (Courtesy of temp indicator on my Saab) still only seeing grains falling though....

I'm starting to think that there is a little more Hype than snow out :wallbash:

Disolusioned, on a hill nr Bradford.

xx

Defo the case, unfortunatley we will probably get no more than a dustin :cray:

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

Has anyone noticed how low the humidity is , im currently reading 64%

dew point dropping now -4.7c

Temp 1.4c

still awaits the snow ??

nigel

Posted

Yes, definitely, it's completey changed now; the real wintriness is starting to set in.

Earlier, the showers were sporadic, but now, they seem to be becoming more organised.

My son just asked me whether he will be at school tomorrow - I told him, 'NO' :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!
Defo the case, unfortunatley we will probably get no more than a dustin :wallbash:

Can't believe some people are writing this off already, it's only the beginning! I think you'll do much better than just a dusting.

Light snow grains here which are leaving a slight covering. Hoping for more beefy showers later <_<

Posted
Yes, definitely, it's completey changed now; the real wintriness is starting to set in.

Earlier, the showers were sporadic, but now, they seem to be becoming more organised.

My son just asked me whether he will be at school tomorrow - I said, 'NO' <_<

Do you think i will be off tommoro mate and when are the snow showers expected to come to my area :wallbash:

Posted
Can't believe some people are writing this off already, it's only the beginning! I think you'll do much better than just a dusting.

Light snow grains here which are leaving a slight covering. Hoping for more beefy showers later :wallbash:

Evening Mark

Yes its been the same over here, a few snow grain showers, i think the heavier stuff will arrive over night ,

nigel

Posted
Hi all, how good is google earths radar overlays its currenly showing showers just south of whitby

No idea just use raintoday.co.uk they use google maps (not working for me atm)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, dry in summer.
Has anyone noticed how low the humidity is , im currently reading 64%

dew point dropping now -4.7c

Temp 1.4c

still awaits the snow ??

nigel

Hi Nigel,

Looking at 5 pm Met office radar it's quite a bit closer now - only an hour or 2 away for Tyne valley if current progression continues.

John