Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: East Mids, Lincs And S & E Yorks (inc. Humberside)

butler_son

Posted
3c here with the odd flake. Early days though.

Yes coldest air still yet to arrive, uppers will get colder through until later tomorrow. Would be nice to see a covering by morning though.

Posted
Yes coldest air still yet to arrive, uppers will get colder through until later tomorrow. Would be nice to see a covering by morning though.

getting a bit heavier now. It does look good for a covering by the morning,hopefully snowing until

late afternoon tomorrow depending on the mild sector :D

Posted
Had a graupel shower here, but its far too mild for anything to lay at the moment.

Its early days, but shower activity looks a little anaemic so far!

Agreed Reef Anaemic is the right word i feel, the percipitation out of holland is dying a death mid north sea but seems to build again as it reaches the coast. However it is early days and does seem that the bbc have called it spot on so far with snow flurries for most of the day on and off, the real deal should be later as temps fall away and the night sets in.

im off now to do some chores and catch countryfile later, so unless something exciting happens ill be back late this afternoon.

LO

Posted
Agreed Reef Anaemic is the right word i feel, the percipitation out of holland is dying a death mid north sea but seems to build again as it reaches the coast. However it is early days and does seem that the bbc have called it spot on so far with snow flurries for most of the day on and off, the real deal should be later as temps fall away and the night sets in.

im off now to do some chores and catch countryfile later, so unless something exciting happens ill be back late this afternoon.

LO

Don't worry mate, if anything the PPN right now has been more progressive than first forecast. Showers will really start pepping up early afternoon.

Posted

This is superb already, dusting on grass and other surfaces. Moved away from snow grains to more general falls in the last 30 minutes or so.

Looking at the radar my location is looking favoured to do very well out of the showers today... something which I didn't expect yesterday...

30-40cm's forecast for the Pennines by the early hours of Tuesday...

Edited by Polar Low

Posted

Snowing lightly here with a covering on cars and grass .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
This is superb already, dusting on grass and other surfaces. Moved away from snow grains to more general falls in the last 30 minutes or so.

Looking at the radar my location is looking favoured to do very well out of the showers today... something which I didn't expect yesterday...

30-40cm's forecast for the Pennines by the early hours of Tuesday...

PL the radar looks awesome for both of us :D I am so surprised to see the showers like that already!!! I hadn't bothered to look at the radar all morning as I thought the showers wouldn't start here till around 3pm at the earliest and there is light showers heading towards Leicester and they are not far away and it's just about midday :D

Loads more showers on the radar than I expected.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

The first snow of the winter (that I've seen) is now falling!

Medium intensity and beginning to settle on my courtyard table & paving slabs.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.
PL the radar looks awesome for both of us :D I am so surprised to see the showers like that already!!! I hadn't bothered to look at the radar all morning as I thought the showers wouldn't start here till around 3pm at the earliest and there is light showers heading towards Leicester and they are not far away and it's just about midday :D

Hi Andy,

I noticed the showers just coming in to the east of you,so should get some flurries soon.

I am right in the centre of the midlands so not sure whether i am on the right thread,but as i am east of brum i plumped for here for now.

A good c,file f,cast for the midlands generally for the coming week --did you see it?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons
countryfile weather looked very promiseing ?wow :D

Yes, it certainly did.

Could be snowy 'til the end of the week (at least) here ..

A few very light flurries as I type.

BL. :D

Posted

Indeed Andy - I had a feeling the showers would be more widespread today than the BBC forecast, I believe they remained with the cautious approach due to so much uncertainty from the models right now. Radar will look very interesting by 2pm... thats when some small accumilations could occur.. then on into tonight is anyones guess.

Of course - great news from Monday night into Tuesday. Latest forecast shows the band remaining persistant and heavy, but clearing through much of the Midlands before the mild sector temporarily kicks in... I wouldn't be surprised to see 10-15cm's quite widely in Lincs, E Mids, NE England. Some good falls for the SE, EA, Central Midlands etc too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Summary of Countyfile Forecast for the Midlands

Snow showers today and am tommorow,then later tommorow and night and area of snow moving North as it comes from France.

Still cold after-no mention of rain,but dryer for Tues/weds with max 2-3c.

More snow showed on graphics for Thurs. and Friday.

Looks the most wintry week i have seen on c,file for a long time.

Hope it`s close to being correct.

Posted

OMG COUNTRY FILE FORECAST, DOES NOT TURN BACK TO RAIN, ONLY ON COAST, WARM SECTOR STAYS ON COAST WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP MORE SNOW ON WED THURS AND FRIDAY AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH im goin mad here lol :D:D :D :D:D