Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Fishing - What Indicators Do You Use?

raindance

Posted

my previous topic didn't receive any responses, perhaps I didn't word it correctly.

I have a weather station and I see that there is a fishing indicator , which says 'good' bad' ' ok' etc. my question is how does the author come to the conclusion of what constitutes a good fishing day and a bad fishing day and can I utilise that from my weather station ?

:D

Posted

Quite often weather stations base that sort of thing on air pressure - high = bad, low = good. We have fishing forecasts here on the site which also show a 'bite guide', we base it on a range of params including airpressure, temperature, wind, precipitation and so on:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=fishing;sess=

Posted

Thanks Paul - that was what I meant I have seen the fishing forecast which is what prompted me to ask . You have enlightened me on the fact that air pressure is a factor - I know that cold water temperature is a factor also in that fish tend to not feed below about -4 [ i think ] I thought that a bit of precipitation helped fishing - but not sure about wind direction .

I was just curious as to what parameters were used in the process?