Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
Yes organised front coming up from France overnight with continuous heavy snow.

Here in Redhill large flakes and heavy snow...side roads all covered now...here we go.

BFTP

Organised front? thought that was due tomorrow

Posted

we have a light covering here in Dulwich - very pretty. Looking forward to the Thames Streamer of the century later! A real classic of the genre hopefully!

Posted
Anyone in Dartford is just about to get it!!!!!

SS

I'm 4 miles SW of Dartford, had a quick dusting but thats it....

Posted
Yes organised front coming up from France overnight with continuous heavy snow.

Here in Redhill large flakes and heavy snow...side roads all covered now...here we go.

BFTP

Fantastic!!!

Is bringing back memories of Feb 1991. Feel sorry for my cats, they dont exactly like putting their bums in the snow to goto the loo!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Just spent an hour or so driving around the nearest hilly places to find some evidence of snow, or catch a shower or two, but just nothing out there. Clear skies everywhere. Tantalising distant views of the snowy hills of Kent but just a bit too far to drive. Bit disappointed really as it's back to work in a basement tomorrow. Those nearby showers on the radar must be just missing me wherever i go :yahoo:

Posted

Stopped again , WHY DOES IT KEEP STOPPING.... Bah give me some convective constant snow :)

Posted

jus seen bbc weather not looking brilliant for north of london but west and east of it looking good

Edited by biddie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

the latest bbc weather suggested no real snow showers other than along the thames estuary...I think they will be alot more widespread than that, as already is being prved, across East anglia and the north east.

Posted
the latest bbc weather suggested no real snow showers other than along the thames estuary...I think they will be alot more widespread than that, as already is being prved, across East anglia and the north east.

Wish they'd make up their damn mind :)

Posted

I just don't get it. I live in the highest place between London and the Ural Mountains in Russia and all I can see is starry skies yet apparently its chucking it down a few miles away in St Alban's. Is this some sort of sick joke you are all playing? :)

Posted
A few hefty showers wouldnt go amiss tonight though!

Unfortunately, after having just seen ch5 weather, they seem to be of the same opinion as the beeb, in other words we wait untill tomorrow

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Woo! - the heavy snow is back! A thick whirl of snow through the streetlamp opposite. Tyre tracks on the road covered over again :)

Posted
I just don't get it. I live in the highest place between London and the Ural Mountains in Russia and all I can see is starry skies yet apparently its chucking it down a few miles away in St Alban's. Is this some sort of sick joke you are all playing? :)

i too live in barnet and i am starting to get annoyed. The showers keep on dieing out and missing us. :)

Posted

Hi, i know the feeling im on the NE corner of Kent, snow in Canterbury,Herne Bay, Folkstone

all we have had was a heavy shower at dinner time!

Posted

Not exactly chucking it down, but enough to give a covering. Maybe I shouldn't say that it's starting again here...

Give it a chance...the best is yet to come. :)