Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

Steady dry powdery snowfall in East Gravesend, everything covered now. -2.1c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Hello, intended to stay quite and not register as been reading all afternoon and growing more and more excited by the hour, now however I cannot contain my excitement any longer and just had to post, I can confirm that it is indeed snowing in Bas Vegas, in fact its looking bloody lush out there right now, having to look at the street light to check its still coming down is a bit annoying now though :-).

Posted

Can i just ask, where is the list of people you usually see at the bottom of each page that tells you how many people are viewing the forum? I can't see anything on my screen.

Posted
Can i just ask, where is the list of people you usually see at the bottom of each page that tells you how many people are viewing the forum? I can't see anything on my screen.

Maybe at times of high traffic they remove it because it's not important really.

Kicking off again in Eastbourne with a veritable blizzard outside. Nice to see Brighton (Falmer) featured on the BBC main news a moment ago with warnings about conditions with special reference to Sussex!!! :D

That's weird as I am in Eastbourne and it hasn't been snowing in my part of town for at least an hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm
Stopped again , WHY DOES IT KEEP STOPPING.... Bah give me some convective constant snow :D

Becaue its showers and they are not in an organised band yet....patience!!

I want to talk a little about this 'mild' sector. Outside now with a snowcovering the temps are absolutely bitterly cold. If the snowdept is good by tomorrow then the snowfields will ensure the surface temps are much lower than the projected +2-3c as per BBC and tis will minimalise the affect from this brief less cold sector. Coasts are at risk from the thaw but most places won't be.

Optimum time IMO for the real heavy snow is when most wake up and want to travel to work....or not.

BFTP

Edited by BLAST FROM THE PAST

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
Hi, i know the feeling im on the NE corner of Kent, snow in Canterbury,Herne Bay, Folkstone

all we have had was a heavy shower at dinner time!

Compared to what we got before all we are getting now is just bits and pieces... If it stays like this then 8cm won't happen let alone 3! :D:D

patience , whats that? LOL :D:D

Edited by neilsouth

Posted
I just don't get it. I live in the highest place between London and the Ural Mountains in Russia and all I can see is starry skies yet apparently its chucking it down a few miles away in St Alban's. Is this some sort of sick joke you are all playing? :D

dont get excited - its only left a dusting .............................. plenty to come from the east but 10/15 cms ??......................dont think so

Posted
Well no snow here in sw london as off yet since around 1pm but orange sky now begining to filter in :D

edit snowing now in wimbledon surrey :D:D

Posted
Unfortunately, after having just seen ch5 weather, they seem to be of the same opinion as the beeb, in other words we wait untill tomorrow

Hi, lets just hope that it stays as snow all the way,BUT knowing our luck :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....
Just spent an hour or so driving around the nearest hilly places to find some evidence of snow, or catch a shower or two, but just nothing out there. Clear skies everywhere. Tantalising distant views of the snowy hills of Kent but just a bit too far to drive. Bit disappointed really as it's back to work in a basement tomorrow. Those nearby showers on the radar must be just missing me wherever i go :D

Dubmuffin so know the feeling

:D:D

Posted
dont get excited - its only left a dusting .............................. plenty to come from the east but 10/15 cms ??......................dont think so

so what are the debts of snow going to be for the south east as the bbc keep changing they say 25cm then back to 15 cm totaly confused!

Posted

Hello everyone. Long time lurker here and another one of the Bexleyheath contingent. As my compatriates have said, heavy powder snow now falling. Everything covered. The Thames Estuary is delivering again it would seem :D

Posted

SCATTERED SNOW SHOWERS EARLY MORNING WITH MORE GENERAL HEAVY SNOW

FALLS FROM MID MORNING 1100+ ONWARDS. AFFECTING LONDON TMA

AIRPORTS AT FIRST THEN MOVING NORTHWARDS.

SIGNIFICANT IMPACT WITH MAJOR DISRUPTION EXPECTED.

NO PRE-TACTICAL REGULATIONS HAVE BEEN APPLIED.TACTICAL

REGULATIONS ARE EXPECTED OVERNIGHT AND EARLY MORNING.

CREWS ARE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF INCREASED AIR HOLDING

EARLYMORNING.

AO'S ARE ASKED TO UPDATE THEIR EOBTS DURING THE DAY.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Convection certainly working off the coast out at sea with hefty showers bubbling up, and long may this continue!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....
Still cold windy and dry here in South west London. Had one flurry at 1300 nothing since

Hi Suttonian, which part of Sutton are you located ?

Posted

Nothing happening here . . . clear sky overhead, have had a few big clouds pass over in the past few hours and still reminants of a very light shower earlier on the grass.

Temp currently -1.6

Would like some snow so kids can have a snow day tomorrow . . . maybe a little too much to hope for but fingers crossed

Janet

Posted
Still cold windy and dry here in South west London. Had one flurry at 1300 nothing since

Im in the same situation as you are, Im located not to far from you. Hopefully we will get something sooner or later. :D