Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW SNOW SNOW
Reading is the most frustrating place in the world right now. 2 or 3 miles from being in steady snow but unless the flow backs more SE-rly, we'll never settle into it. Can see Wokingham and Bracknell getting steady snow all night and us getting a dusting. Still will get a fair bit in the afternoon tomorrow in fairness...

Been looking at the radar might get something around 1.30 am, dont know how much though. But you are right Reading is the worse place to ask for snow.

Posted

just been let the dogs out and i think its turning to snow rather than bean bag stuff so fingers crossed for me please :doh:

Posted
Can we have some pictures please! All these reports of Armageddon in the SE, well let's see the evidence! :doh:

I can understand the excitement though as you are all tragically snow deprived - even the Yorkshire contingent is happy for SEerners tonight! :D

Just got the missus to take these!!!

post-631-1233535161_thumb.jpg - 2 1/2 inches!!!

post-631-1233535225_thumb.jpg - for the record

almost white out again now!! :D:D

Posted

Absolutely fantantic for you guys down in the southeast, its not very often an event like this happens and you seem to be getting the brunt of it atm. Enjoy it while it lasts and keep them pics coming :doh: .Up in the midlands ive only have a dusting so far, ive been craving for the sort of snow your getting now for the last 8 years, i may have to wait a few days for my dumping or maybe another year but im glad that alot of the longtime posters and residents in the southeast on this forum especially steve murr who have been great contributers to the forums for the last few years are finally getting rewarded for there contribrutions.

Posted
Even the NMM model suggest snow all way through tomorrow, apart from the far east of Kent and Essex. Good news all round then. 5cm of snow here, NMM suggesting the snow to continue until around 3/4am here.

What exactly is classed as 'far east of Kent and Essex'?

For example I am in Silver End (CM8 postcode if that helps!) about 30 miles from the coast. Am I likely to still see snow?

I realise you can't be that specific but a guess would be great!

Thanks

Anita

Posted
Thanks Iceni, great clouds there! ;)

It looks like we're starting to see some fun up here now too, with showers really picking up to SE levels over E Yorks now ;)

No trolling in here please Shay! ;)

Let people post pics when it is light, you will be surprised as places like Biggin Hill will have nearly 10" by morning.

Paul S

Going to start a new thread in a Mo for the Night owls

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
Errr Yeti... it's dark. But here's one I took 5 hours ago when it was just getting started.post-8078-1233535001_thumb.jpg

Oh dear tried to edit it as I'd attached the wrong pic from last time but just made it worse. Why can't we delete uploads?

Posted
What exactly is classed as 'far east of Kent and Essex'?

For example I am in Silver End (CM8 postcode if that helps!) about 30 miles from the coast. Am I likely to still see snow?

I realise you can't be that specific but a guess would be great!

Thanks

Anita

Ashford eastwards i would say at a guess? ;)

You'll deffo see snow, it's whether it turns to rain or not that's the question

Edited by maidstone weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Absolutely fantantic for you guys down in the southeast, its not very often an event like this happens and you seem to be getting the brunt of it atm. Enjoy it while it lasts and keep them pics coming ;) .Up in the midlands ive only have a dusting so far, ive been craving for the sort of snow your getting now for the last 8 years, i may have to wait a few days for my dumping or maybe another year but im glad that alot of the longtime posters and residents in the southeast on this forum especially steve murr who have been great contributers to the forums for the last few years are finally getting rewarded for there contribrutions.

I agree with that Fordy, while i'm extremely gutted at seeing what the South East has because I wish it was like that here... They do deserve it down there, South East only usually gets decent snow in Easterlys and we haven't had a decent one for a while.

Posted
Been looking at the radar might get something around 1.30 am, dont know how much though. But you are right Reading is the worse place to ask for snow.

Don't want to jinx it, but we might just get under that very heavy band that's north of London right now... probably a bit before 3. Thinking if we do we might be in business for several hours... ;)

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)

Let people post pics when it is light, you will be surprised as places like Biggin Hill will have nearly 10" by morning.

Paul S

:(;);)

;)

Posted

I just can't believe the amount of lying snow in & around Central London! It's such a rare event, probably seen once every 15-20 years? It will be absolute chaos in the city tomorrow morning! I'm a Driving Instructor, so it's definitely a day off for me tomorrow! Anybody out there know what it's like in Sevenoaks, Kent?

Edited by snowblizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Paul S

;) Shay!

Posted

seen two urban foxes walking down the road like they own the place and they are never so visible around here- must be confused by the snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW SNOW SNOW
Don't want to jinx it, but we might just get under that very heavy band that's north of London right now... probably a bit before 3. Thinking if we do we might be in business for several hours... ;)

Now that we have mentioned 1.30am & 3.00 am, we wont get both. LOL ;)