IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

Gatwick and London City Airport HAVE CLOSED temporarily! Oh dear oh dear! :lol:

Apparently it's to clear snow and ice.

Edited by Tommyd1258

Posted

Hi -- yes please- After the frontal event I will go for 12-15 inches up there-

Anyway- ive been away to investigate the radar- MUCH MUCh better returns coming back now & the Estuary continues to get even busier-

The track vector for the showers now is Vectored between 265 & 269 degrees west-

Meaning the whole of the thames Estuary is going to get peppered .....

Not long now & We will be off to the races again in Bexleyheath.........

Im still bowled over by some of the temperature reports-....... -4.7c in Maidstone!!!!

S

So if Your going to get it, have I already got it or has it missed me already :lol: :D God I give Up tonight really I do

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

Friends almost completely stuck in Tatsfield (just outside Biggin Hill)...being towed, slowly by 4 x 4.. I love this weather, but it isnt great for some (mwhaaaaw) :lol:

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

The snow showers keep stopping and dumping , the road is slowly vanishing but it needs to keep it up!!!!!

Posted

-0.6 C on my Oregon external sensor. As Oregon stuff is rubbish (and their support confirm it) I checked with a mercury thermometer and it was -2.5C.

H

Posted
7 inches blimey, wish we had that much here! Where bouts on M25 was this? I don't know junctions geographicaly so your going to have to tell me North/South/East/ or West lol

South.

Posted
Has every one heard of the apparent drama at Gatwick airport, apparently some divvy ground staff sprayed the wrong type of de-icer on the runway and it froze solid and now the airports been forced to close! looks like someone will be getting their P45 in the morning!
Lol typical UK, a few inches of the white stuff and we're at panic stations and ppl are getting sacked, haha! :lol: :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together
We seem to have our own little streamer on the Sussex coast now. We've had moderate snow now for the last hour. A good covering now - probably 2 or 3 inches I'd guess - too cold to go and measure!

..hooray..pleased Brighton has..it is where I work sometimes...alas not tomorrow...enjoy. You must get some photos by the sea....

Posted
Breaking news on Sky: London City and Gatwick airports both close runways due to heavy snowfall.

Due to plonkers more like :lol:

Posted

Temp now up slightly to -1.0. According to the meto radar i should be getting a pasting but all i have is a few grains blowing in the wind!! Never seen such a colourful radar with so little precipitation at ground level. Very strange!

Matt :)

Posted
It is strange how we are doing well but other areas of Suffolk arent. To add all this talk of the thames streamer and all that. but people are forgetting EA, suffolk and essex are getting hammered too :)

Not every part Davie :)

Posted
Amazing reports but can anyone tell me if East Berks area will see more than the panzy flurry we had about half an hour ago??

Hortsummer,

I'm here in snowy staines not to far from you. We have about 2cm's and has been snowing continuosly now since 7.30pm.

Currnet temp here -1.7C

RH 84%.

Posted
Has every one heard of the apparent drama at Gatwick airport, apparently some divvy ground staff sprayed the wrong type of de-icer on the runway and it froze solid and now the airports been forced to close! looks like someone will be getting their P45 in the morning! :)

They got the hose out on it :)

Posted
So if Your going to get it, have I already got it or has it missed me already :):) God I give Up tonight really I do

I'm shocked , how on earth can all those showers be missing you, looking at the latest radar theres a huge batch coming into your area.

Posted

got some very heavy, almost a blizzard kinda snow is so heavy, i think the term white out would fit the bill!

Posted

on the nw radar there is a hole with nothing over me in clacton, but about 10miles north in the harwich area looks like line showers on there way to colchester, still only dusting here

Posted
Whereabouts in Faversham are you? I only have light snizzle!

by station...... no trains heard for a wee while..... light snow for last few mins...... have 4cm now...... was dry n windy for few hrs..... radar looks good...... hoping for the ellussive ft of snow by 2morrow afternoon...... esp. after 2005 episode...... kent you can do it........