Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

Heaviest snowfall yet now in Bushey (near Watford) in Herts. Looks like a good 'un for us! Just caught the weather on Sky News, looks incredible for tomorrow. If that forecast proves to be correct, you'd have to be nuts to venture out to work in the morning - you run the risk of not getting home! According to Sky, Home Counties look in for a battering with 15cm likely. Looking forward to playing the snow with my children tomorrow.

Posted
Looks like a lull for us before the next lot comes across from the Thames.

I am happy with what I have, anymore will be a bonus.

Don't think I am going to drive tomorrow though if the roads are like they are now, would be a very bad idea.

i havent got the radar working yet - how long til the next batch do you think?

Posted

nothing much happening here in st neots, west cambs. on the A1.

think we will miss most of the showers here. gutted.

anyone else in my area much to report ?

Posted

finally looking set here near t wells for some new snow fall. annoyingly we seem to be lined up just about in a narrow gap between two bands, but they might be converging, plus we should at least catch the side of them plus there seem to be a string more showers behind which will hopefully come in afterwards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

As I suspected the radar continues to show the heavier ppn over us, all seems to be merging a bit too.. Looks like no more showers off the coast so will see if they continue to form on next radar. Can see the ppn out at sea heading for lincs, yorks etc

Posted

Loads of showers are breaking out in the north sea now heading for N.Kent and S.Essex right now which should help to give pretty big snowfalls for most in those regions.

As for your issue Paul, I'm pretty baffled by that!

Next batch of showers heading towards London, looks strong enough to give another cm.

Edited by kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

We've got about 5 or 6 cms here and it's been snowing steadily for the past hour... we'll easily have 15 cms if it keeps this up, maybe more, by morning and not bad when the main snow was only supposed to start after midnight (?).

Just let the little dog out for his night patrol, at least I'll be able to track him if he's out too long, that's if the snow doesn't cover his tracks :lol:

P.S. Would like to say thanks to all the wise owls on here for keeping the faith and informing everyone so brilliantly. :lol:

Posted
heavy snow here for last 20 mins im in between sudbury and colchester. the curbs have dissapeard so i gues another 1-2 centimeters have fallen.

temp -1.9

Same here mate, Im in Colchester not far from town and there is quite a covering already! Tomorrow should be interesting to say the least

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Tremendous!!!!!!

lol ! people opposite are snowboarding down our road !

As I suspected the radar continues to show the heavier ppn over us, all seems to be merging a bit too.. Looks like no more showers off the coast so will see if they continue to form on next radar. Can see the ppn out at sea heading for lincs, yorks etc

Posted

Something with the models must have gone wrong, Hampshire was pretty much guaranteed snow and nothings happened, typical.

For those that have snow, post some pics.......please :-D

Posted
Paul it is so strange, have a closer look outside, are you sure its not snowing, it is still snowing here, that dry washing powder snow, but coming down fairly heavily, you would never had known i had been out in the car an hr ago, the road has no tyre tracks anymore and the driveway looks like i never went out, have another closer look , you may be surprised

regards

michesnowsbest

Mich

You are only 3 Miles down the Road, I can guarantee I have just popped out for a Ciggie, It is Not Snowing, The Sky to the North is Orange and I notice you are on the edge of the Thames Streamer merrily flying down the Thames towards Steve and Co in Bexley, remember I am North East of You and in a Void at the moment, I saw the heavy shower you had earlier, I could even see the House Roofs going White when we had nowt.

Nick, I really think it is evaporating before getting to the ground near the coast???

Paul S

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
Loads of showers are breaking out in the north sea now heading for N.Kent and S.Essex right now which should help to give pretty big snowfalls for most in those regions.

As for your issue Paul, I'm pretty baffled by that!

Kold you keep mentioning North Kent but what part? , north kent is a rather large area... I'm in north kent :huh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
Paul B, where are you in Suffolk. Its been snowing here for about 4 hours now with about 4-5cm. I interested as whats falling here can be traced back right through suffolk and out into the north sea. What would stop the snow flakes reaching the ground?

Hi Fine Wine. All this talk of Kent, it's hammering it done here in Haverhill (SW Suffolk) with a very good covering indeed. Now 5cm and still coming down heavy.

It is strange how we are doing well but other areas of Suffolk arent. To add all this talk of the thames streamer and all that. but people are forgetting EA, suffolk and essex are getting hammered too :huh:

Will post some pictures up when my camera battery has charged which shouldn't be too long.

What a cracking wintry spell this is :D

Seasons

Posted
Anybody with access to the radar-

Are there many showers coming this way?

Yes there is. There is a bit of a lull at the moment but there is a large area heading our way in about 30 mins or so!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow - I'm an 80 year old kid at heart!
It is strange how we are doing well but other areas of Suffolk arent. To add all this talk of the thames streamer and all that. but people are forgetting EA, suffolk and essex are getting hammered too :huh:

Worlingworth is in an area called High Suffolk (it.s all relative!), and we seem to catch the snow from easterlies.

We have also noticed that if there is rain about but it is dry in Worlingworth, it is alsways raining in Eye - don't know why - perhaps someone can explain?