Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: East Mids, Lincs And S & E Yorks Pt 2

pottyprof

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Currently snowing lightly here in Louth - not much of a covering but there is a slight dusting - current temp is -1.5c with dew points at -3.3c so any ppn will fall as snow overnight. Still early yet, remember.

Posted
Hey guys, I was wondering if someone can tell me what the snow prospects are like for Norwich overnight? I can't read the radar and i am being ignored in the other forum because there is so much emphasis on the SE. We have a covering here, but the showers have stopped. Thanks. :D

A few on here have been saying that most of the heavier showers will happen after midnight when a trough over the north sea reaches land. there has been a link on the previous page that shows where tonights snow might fall. Hope this helps

img-resized.png Reduced 87%post-4342-1233525035.gif 1000 x 1000 (243.85K)

From Hurricane Andrew

Edited by Grimsby Snow Lover

Posted

What a complete disappointment this is turning out to be. Just the lightest of dustings here and no snow at all for the last couple of hours. Its still too warm at 1.3C aswell.

Lots of showers coming through but every single one is missing us.

Posted
Hey guys, I was wondering if someone can tell me what the snow prospects are like for Norwich overnight? I can't read the radar and i am being ignored in the other forum because there is so much emphasis on the SE. We have a covering here, but the showers have stopped. Thanks. :D

I can't see alot happening for the next hr in your location but I wouldn't give up just yet.

Im just watching that 24hr snow event on thurs instead of the radar. The GFS has gone off on one tonight!

Edited by THE EYE IN THE SKY

Posted
What a complete disappointment this is turning out to be. Just the lightest of dustings here and no snow at all for the last couple of hours. Its still too warm at 1.3C aswell.

Lots of showers coming through but every single one is missing us.

Still no change then! Same here too, I m very disappointed aswell

Posted

Latest BBC forecasts supports showers intensifying and becoming more widespread after midnight. Peter Gibbs mentioned East Midlands and Lincs in particular as being quite badly affected overnight.

Posted
Latest BBC forecasts supports showers intensifying and becoming more widespread after midnight. Peter Gibbs mentioned East Midlands and Lincs in particular as being quite badly affected overnight.

Missed that, was that for the whole of Lincolnshie or just inland parts?

Posted

ok i have had a look at the 22hrs sat and corresponding radar the area out of holland is still showing mid North sea and not as much PPN as i would like, the other area that moved out of N France is now moving through Belgium and looks a little better, contry to my last post i think only the cloud base will merge, however the two areas of ppn are just to far apart to merge. The good news is that i can see more potentual been filtered through Germany by two systems one to the N over Norway the other over S France and italy, acting like two big cogs sending ppn our way in a massive stream westwards.

see latest sat image here.

http://www.sat24.com/

LO

Edited by Lincs Observation

Posted

Yeah it's not even half 10 yet so plenty of time overnight :whistling:

Posted
Missed that, was that for the whole of Lincolnshie or just inland parts?

He wasn't too detailed but basically got his point across that areas from NE England, right down into EA and the SE will all be affected overnight. Mentioning E Mids and Lincs as being favoured locations for the largest falls, along with the SE.

Posted
Indeed.

Really looking forward to watching developments around midnight though. I will then grab 3-4 hours sleep unless heavy ppn is right on my doorstep. A few power naps will be required tommorow throughout the day I think...

So midnight is when it's going to start kicking off big time. I'll probably do the same as you in that case, although I'm going to need an extra couple of hours than that else I won't be able to function tomorrow!

I'm off until Wednesday anyway so I'll be able to enjoy the cold and snow as it unfolds without having to worry about getting anywhere.

Latest radar looks interesting. Certainly though the most activity is down in the SE still.

Posted
He wasn't too detailed but basically got his point across that areas from NE England, right down into EA and the SE will all be affected overnight. Mentioning E Mids and Lincs as being favoured locations for the largest falls, along with the SE.

Thanks PL hope he is right :yahoo:

Posted

Isobel Lang on Sky News said that for areas 'EAST OF THE PENNINES' there could be upto 6 inches (15cms) tonight followed by 6 inches (15 cms) tomorrow followed by a foot (30cms) from the band of snow moving North on Monday evening.

2ft!! TWO bloody foot of snow potentially by Tuesday pm.

I think I'll take that with a pinch of salt - but, if only!!

gobby :yahoo:

Edited by gobbyash

Posted
Isobel Lang on Sky News said that for areas 'EAST OF THE PENNINES' there could be upto 6 inches (15cms) tonight followed by 6 inches (15 cms) tomorrow followed by a foot (30cms) from the band of snow moving North on Monday evening.

gobby :yahoo:

How ace would two foot of bloody snow be? I would happily settle for 2mm at this rate though

Just checked the latest radar for 22.15 and saw a big piece of snow heading towards the Humber area. Ten quid it misses me and heads off to my friends in Wakefield. They have already got 2inch the greedy g*ts

Posted
So midnight is when it's going to start kicking off big time. I'll probably do the same as you in that case, although I'm going to need an extra couple of hours than that else I won't be able to function tomorrow!

I'm off until Wednesday anyway so I'll be able to enjoy the cold and snow as it unfolds without having to worry about getting anywhere.

Latest radar looks interesting. Certainly though the most activity is down in the SE still.

Just started again here in kettering, nice big flakes too :D

Posted

gobby :rofl:

Saw this myself on Sky News at Ten.

I must say I (heart) Isobel Lang. Love the way she gets so enthused about it. It's clearly more than just a job to her; she's passionate about it, and it shows.

If she is right and I have no reason to doubt her then tomorrow is going to go down as one of the snowiest days across much of England and Wales for a very long time.

Also, and I say this with some trepidation; plenty of potential for further snowfall as the week progresses according to the models, so it's not all over even tomorrow. Highly exciting times I must say :D

Posted

Not meaning to sound a noob, but what is the best place to view a local radar for Yorkshire? ps I dont have Netweather Xtra

Thanks

Posted
Not meaning to sound a noob, but what is the best place to view a local radar for Yorkshire? ps I dont have Netweather Xtra

Thanks

I'm currently using raintoday.co.uk. Its good because you can zoom in to our region. Hope this helps

Edited by Grimsby Snow Lover

Posted

UPDATE:

just to say that we have snow falling again here in Conisholme after a four hour break, and its blowing a hoolie here to, my guess would be if we have anything like what has been progged by the metoffice and bbc we could possibly have localised drifting.

LO

Posted
I'm currently using raintoday.co.uk. Its good because you can zoom in to our region. Hope this helps

Thats what ive been using but it's not working for me at the moment.

Working again now and things are looking better.

Edited by TOMB RAIDER LEGEND

Posted

good call Grimsby im using that plus the metoffice radar too.

here are the links

http://www.sat24.com/

http://www.meteox.de/gmap.aspx?soort=loop3...on=-1.845703125

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

LO