Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
Yep, idea that I suggested earlier of 9 inches looking very probable now given some places near the thames are already nearly half way there just 4-6hrs into the event...

Even here in Chichester I've got about an inch and this isn't even the main zone for snowfall!

Bet you would never have put money on that Darren, Chichester slaughtering my snow depth out here.

Good to see I am the only one who has not witnessed a proper Snowflake as now Clacton has seen a proper Snow Shower and I can see the Pink on the radar.

Gonna have to cave in soon.

Nite All

Posted

Bus went past here only about 10 minutes ago. :)

Looks like college is cancelled then, I'm not going to be able to get anywhere near it for a start. :lol:

I really cannot understand what is happening to Paul, all my snow is coming from his direction, and im only about 25miles away, some kind of evil shield is at work here.

Edited by jshaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW SNOW SNOW
does anyone have a live link where i can watch the bbc news please all? :lol:

Just go to BBC News website and click "watch live" link in the red part near the top.

Yep, idea that I suggested earlier of 9 inches looking very probable now given some places near the thames are already nearly half way there just 4-6hrs into the event...

Even here in Chichester I've got about an inch and this isn't even the main zone for snowfall!

Hate to be the killjoy but the snow streamer over North London is beginning ot die a death- as ever these are a delicate balance of Convergence, upper Cold pool & moisture-

On the other hand the Estuary s beginning to fire some better lines of Showers out again- not a classic streamer- but a steady crop still coming in down the Estuary-

S

Edited by Steve Murr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Anyone find the BBC news to be out of touch (bar the shy buses story)?

They opened with a story about hostages being released in Columbia. Good news perhaps but who would really give a damn about that anyway, even if we didn't have the present conditions! In a newspaper it would be a four line story stuck away on page 19, but the BBC LED with it!!!!

So it was over to SKY to see their coverage of the weather. Then back to BBC and after a couple of more stories, they finally got onto the weather. Perhaps their breaking news about the London buses might give them the impetus to promote the weather story up the order :lol:

Posted
Anyone find the BBC news to be out of touch (bar the shy buses story)?

They opened with a story about hostages being released in Columbia. Good news perhaps but who would really give a damn about that anyway, even if we didn't have the present conditions! In a newspaper it would be a four line story stuck away on page 19, but the BBC LED with it!!!!

So it was over to SKY to see their coverage of the weather. Then back to BBC and after a couple of more stories, they finally got onto the weather. Perhaps their breaking news about the London buses might give them the impetus to promote the weather story up the order :)

The BBC news Channel, between 1am-6am, join BBC World News so a bit of snow in England is not going to be the major world headline! :lol:

Posted
An exact repeat of 2nd March 2005! That was an easterly and that also saw continuous snow showers all day long, with 30cm on the Downs.

If I recall, the snow did not penetrate all the way inland as first predicted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
pm sent season!!

Thanks mate. Looking very good for you for the next half an hour at least :lol:

A stream of moderate snow showers heading directly through Sudbury. I'm a little to north for these (8 - 10 miles).

Seasons

Posted

Hate to be the killjoy but the snow streamer over North London is beginning ot die a death- as ever these are a delicate balance of Convergence, upper Cold pool & moisture-

On the other hand the Estuary s beginning to fire some better lines of Showers out again- not a classic streamer- but a steady crop still coming in down the Estuary-

S

Christ you still up Murr.

When can I expect to my first proper Snowflake and whats all this about the BBC Showing Rain Symbols over Essex Tomorrow :) :lol:

Posted
yamkin, those croydon shots seem to show circa 5/6 inches??? where exactly are you in croydon?

Shirley on the border of Bromley

Posted
We now have 4 ins of snow here and it's still snowing :lol:

Croydon Council have declared an emergency based on the latest MetO advice.

We are now expecting in excess of 8 ins + here and more from late morning.

All personal are working flat out and all have decided to take less breaks to help out.

It really is going to be quite bad out there especially late morning with heavier snow forecast.

Please take extra care if you really need to venture out.

Makes the inch lying here look silly! Pah I guess it will be work as normal tomorrow after all!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
CORRECT...BREAKING NEWS......ALL BUSES IN INNER/OUTER LONDON HAVE BEEN RECALLED/SUSPENDED DUE TO SEVERE WEATHER CONDITIONS

Another reason to have a 4x4... who'd ever have thought it?

I remember them running the last time it snowed in London, 2003 (?) and in the '80s. Perhaps those bendy buses might just keep on bending into shop windows :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow
The BBC news Channel, between 1am-6am, join BBC World News so a bit of snow in England is not going to be the major world headline! :)

:) ah...that explains the breaking story about the buses being preceded with "this will interest viewers in the UK"!! :lol:

Still... I can only guess that they attract a lot of viewers from South America for that lead to be interesting!

Back to the snow, and I wish I'd had the video at the ready. I looked out the back to see it was still snowing, and that my footsteps from earlier had been covered over. But their were some animal tracks going from the patio to the garden, obviously recently made. I deduced it must have been our cat and opened the back door. I've have never seen her move so fast....she had the snow flying up everywhere in her desparation to make it back indoors! :D

Edited by Timmytour

Posted
Torrential Hail & Snow here again-

Just tipped the 3 inches Mark- :D

8 Cm!!!!

Paul how much have you got????

S

Just measured and about 1mm Tops :lol: :)

Posted
Another reason to have a 4x4... who'd ever have thought it?

I remember them running the last time it snowed in London, 2003 (?) and in the '80s. Perhaps those bendy buses might just keep on bending into shop windows :lol:

Many years ago in the 1980's as a child, I would walk miles upon miles to school after a severe spell of snow. Snow ball fights were excellent I recall.

Posted

For the snow starved in other areas visting this thread (like me!) I can highly recommend the snow entertainment that is traffic webcams at http://www.trafficengland.com/TCC/.

Click the link to view motorways on the left, then select something like the M25, the M23 or the M20, remember to tick for webcams in the checkboxes, and away you go. Last time I looked, the M25 was getting a pasting somewhere around J9. Look for where the traffic is moving slowly :lol: