Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
Wait until the major snow sets in during late morning into the evening. We are going to experience 7 ins+

Alright for you, here it is not as heavy and we have only had an inch! Looks like work will be on tomorrow!

Edited by hotsummer

Posted
:lol: ah...that explains the breaking story about the buses being preceded with "this will interest viewers in the UK"!! ;)

Still... I can only guess that they attract a lot of viewers from South America for that lead to be interesting!

Back to the snow, and I wish I'd had the video at the ready. I looked out the back to see it was still snowing, and that my footsteps from earlier had been covered over. But their were some animal tracks going from the patio to the garden, obviously recently made. I deduced it must have been our cat and opened the back door. I've have never seen her move so fast....she had the snow flying up everywhere in her desparation to make it back indoors! :D

They must have been listening, the last 30mins have been ALL about the snow on news 24 ;) Some amazing pictures of cars stuck in central London.

Enjoy your snow, lucky gits :D

Posted

ARE YOU READY FOR THIS.................5 INS RECORDED IN CROYDON.........WE WILL PASS THE PREDICTED 7 INS :help:

Posted
There's no option to select cameras.

Well, Mr Boot, I'd hardly be saying you could do so if you couldn't. :help:

At the page I linked to, click on the link on the left that is highlighted red to go to the motorways page.

next to the dropdown menu that lists the motorways is a bunch of boxes you can tick. At the bottom of that bunch of tickboxes, is one for cameras. Click that box and make sure there's a tick in it, select your motorway, and away you go. There will be little camera icon next to the motorway graphic.

PS, any Wiltshire people lurking in this thread because of lack of snow in Wiltshire might like to know....

it's snowing in Wiltshire

Posted
Alright for you, here it is not as heavy and we have only had an inch! Looks like work will be on tomorrow!

Snow will start to head further inland in your direction

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Looks like things are turning due east, with even a touch of south, if you look at the allignment of the band of ppn just south-east of London on the 1.30 radar, probably caused this thunder snow we've just had here in SE.London/NW.Kent.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
For the snow starved in other areas visting this thread (like me!) I can highly recommend the snow entertainment that is traffic webcams at http://www.trafficengland.com/TCC/.

Click the link to view motorways on the left, then select something like the M25, the M23 or the M20, remember to tick for webcams in the checkboxes, and away you go. Last time I looked, the M25 was getting a pasting somewhere around J9. Look for where the traffic is moving slowly :help:

I have no webcam boxes? or am I missing something

DelaylegendIcon1_off.gifCurrent Events & IncidentslegendIcon2_off.gif RoadworksiconRoadWorks.gifRoadside Message SignslegendIcon3_off.gifWeatherweather_icon.jpg

thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Train of snow showers now about to hit CB9 0NG :D

Im staying up!! :lol:

Another inch would be just perfect............... :help:

Steve ~ sounds incredible down there, you must have a fair dollop now!

Seasons :):):cold:

Posted

To the recent poster from Windsor area:

Yes, you were never likely to get much west of London - looks like work will be ON tomorrow - and that being the case, I think you must be mad at nearly 2am waiting for snow -- you WILL have to get up early and go in!

Having said that, as a guv'nor, even in the SE here, I will expect all my employees in, on time in the morniing. In the modern age, there's really no excuse for tardiness or absence even in this "significant" event.

Yes, it looks great out of a North or East facing window in the middle of the night, but the main roads are all clear, even now, and by the end of the rush in the morning in all major routes it will be churned up enough for anyone who *wants* to work, to work.

Hope your guv is more forgiving than me. NOW GET SOME SLEEP READY FOR THE WORKING DAY TOMORROW!!!

Remember, in these hard times, the snow slackers will be the first to go! There's nothing romantic about that, despite the snowy scene outside....!

Posted
Well, Mr Boot, I'd hardly be saying you could do so if you couldn't. :help:

At the page I linked to, click on the link on the left that is highlighted red to go to the motorways page.

next to the dropdown menu that lists the motorways is a bunch of boxes you can tick. At the bottom of that bunch of tickboxes, is one for cameras. Click that box and make sure there's a tick in it, select your motorway, and away you go. There will be little camera icon next to the motorway graphic.

PS, any Wiltshire people lurking in this thread because of lack of snow in Wiltshire might like to know....

it's snowing in Wiltshire

THANKYOU re the camera's

And right on the coast of hampshire, between the IOW and the main land , most unusual, as it normally dumps it on the hill north of this area, before reaching us.

Posted

Yes, you were never likely to get much west of London - looks like work will be ON tomorrow - and that being the case, I think you must be mad at nearly 2am waiting for snow -- you WILL have to get up early and go in!

Having said that, as a guv'nor, even in the SE here, I will expect all my employees in, on time in the morniing. In the modern age, there's really no excuse for tardiness or absence even in this "significant" event.

Yes, it looks great out of a North or East facing window in the middle of the night, but the main roads are all clear, even now, and by the end of the rush in the morning in all major routes it will be churned up enough for anyone who *wants* to work, to work.

Hope your guv is more forgiving than me. NOW GET SOME SLEEP READY FOR THE WORKING DAY TOMORROW!!!

Remember, in these hard times, the snow slackers will be the first to go! There's nothing romantic about that, despite the snowy scene outside....!

Well we have had over an inch so far, which seems like nothing compared to parts of SW London. I'd like to see my manager get in through all that being other side of London!

Posted
I have no webcam boxes?

thanks

Well, that's weird. I have all the icons you posted, and then the very last one, all by itself at the bottom of the list is "Traffic Cameras".

I must be special :help:

You are on a page where it says Current Motorway Information, right?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

LOL :lol:

I'm just glad I'm self-employed and this is the reason why :help:

Light snow pounding the earth here in SW Suffolk, I don't know whether to laugh or cry :D:)

Seasons :cold:

Train of snow showers now about to hit CB9 0NG :D

Im staying up!! :lol:

Another inch would be just perfect............... :help:

Steve ~ sounds incredible down there, you must have a fair dollop now!

Seasons :):):cold:

Yes currently Alpine Snow falling again- All I need is David Vine in the front garden-

We seem to be picking up around 1.5cm on every green pixel that comes across the radar-

I se your streamer- looks great if you tap it-

TOTAL WHITE OUT HERE -S

Edited by Steve Murr

Posted

Is self employed, so, I have to work

no work = no pay,

no shirking for me ever....

Posted
I have no webcam boxes? or am I missing something

DelaylegendIcon1_off.gifCurrent Events & IncidentslegendIcon2_off.gif RoadworksiconRoadWorks.gifRoadside Message SignslegendIcon3_off.gifWeatherweather_icon.jpg

thanks

If you go to the event information at the top and click on current motorway information. You can then view the cameras that way/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

All in AND on time? Man, you are harsh.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Thunder snow!!!! MAD MAD MAD HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SM must be loving it too up the road, this is now close to braking records for the 21st centuary round here, over 5 inches. :D

edit, nope, more like 4 inches, soz, just its drifted in places.

Edited by snowray

Posted

Steve murr How long are these very heavy snow showers likeley to go for? And im in sw london the surrey forcaster mentioned seven hours from tommrow midday onwards is this true mate? :D

Posted
Is self employed, so, I have to work

no work = no pay,

no shirking for me ever....

Yes, indeed me too. And I need my staff to make it happen. And they know it.

Now show me a proper, non-marginal, non "will it wont it turn to rain" scenario, with 6 FEET of snow, and I might just give some leeway. But this event, with no more than a few inches, with all that grit thrown over the roads for about the last week, really simply doesnt cut it for the day off.

I've really got my eye on those staff with young kids....

Posted

Seems to have died down completely here, so I'm going to take this opportunity to tear myself away from the window and go to bed.

Heh, and just as I was writing this it has started snowing again with some fury. Still going to bed though, I'm cold and sleepy after my photo excursion.