Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

Both the metoffice and meteox radar have been pretty useless for me today. With showers showing up which never materialised and vice versa. It's snowing now but meteox thinks I should be all clear. :D

Posted
Well, that's weird. I have all the icons you posted, and then the very last one, all by itself at the bottom of the list is "Traffic Cameras".

I must be special :D

You are on a page where it says Current Motorway Information, right?

Be gentle with me, its my 1st time here, and I'm "challenged" te he.....

I found it!

After following instructions.....remember "women dont do instructions"......WE KNOW!

slides out of thread before I get a thump!

Thankyou xx

Posted
All in AND on time? Man, you are harsh.

firing people for being late/not coming in after major snowfall, as opposed to whether or not they're any good at their job? i suspect with logic like that, his business may be one of the first to go.

looks like things may be dying down a little here, so may toddle off to bed.

Posted
If you go to the event information at the top and click on current motorway information. You can then view the cameras that way/

And I can say without fear of contradiction, that it is snowing near Leatherhead :D

these cameras are great! What a time waster! I should be asleep...

Posted

Snow streamer in the Thames is still going on quite strong with totals probably well into the 3-5 inch range now for many I suspect. This is also the case S/SW of London where the snow is pretty heavy. Another line currently looking rather potent to the north of London, that line hasn't budged at all in the last hour and therefore 3-5 inches seem quite possible there as well right now.

Certainly is turning into a very big event, biggest since 1991 I suspect once all is done...

Posted
All in AND on time? Man, you are harsh.

Yes. Of course! It was widely forecast and wont come as any great surprise to anyone. Not harsh, just being a realistic dude in these tough times, Im afraid.

And Im not alone. In a recent seminar, most employers touted snow absence as a great test of staff loyalty.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Yes currently Alpine Snow falling again-

We seem to be picking up around 1.5cm on every green pixel that comes across the radar-

I se your streamer- looks great if you tap it-

TOTAL WHITE OUT HERE -S

How deep would you say now Steve ~ it must be the best for years down there :D Plenty more to come too!

Yep, really hoping to tap into the streamer!! (Next 15 minutes) :D It's very close now.....I hazard a guess that villages 5/10 miles north of here are getting hammered by the train of snow showers!

*EDIT* Light snow :D

Seasons

Posted
Snow streamer in the Thames is still going on quite strong with totals probably well into the 3-5 inch range now for many I suspect. This is also the case S/SW of London where the snow is pretty heavy. Another line currently looking rather potent to the north of London, that line hasn't budged at all in the last hour and therefore 3-5 inches seem quite possible there as well right now.

Certainly is turning into a very big event, biggest since 1991 I suspect once all is done...

Hi kold how long is this likeley to continue for mate? and the surrey forcaster mentioned seven hours off heavy snow from tommrow midday is this correct mate?

Steve murr How long are these very heavy snow showers likeley to go for? And im in sw london the surrey forcaster mentioned seven hours from tommrow midday onwards is this true mate? :D

Another 4-6 hours although intensity may well die down- probably another 5-7cm for you- which puts you towards 25cm-

THen this lot from France which is still developing-

http://www.meteox.com/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-...;soort=loop1uur

S

Posted

Another 4-6 hours although intensity may well die down- probably another 5-7cm for you- which puts you towards 25cm-

THen this lot from France which is still developing-

http://www.meteox.com/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-...;soort=loop1uur

S

Thanks steve although that low in france looks to be moveing eastwards not straight up towards us. Do you think we could see well over the magic foot mark before tommrow is out?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Heavy snow!! :D

No sleep for me tonight :D

S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!
firing people for being late/not coming in after major snowfall, as opposed to whether or not they're any good at their job? i suspect with logic like that, his business may be one of the first to go.

One can only hope so, tasty. I've just seen on the news that some people thrown off the buses in central London had 25 mile walks home. I wouldn't work for someone who expected me to risk my life for presenteeism. No wonder people would rather be on the dole :D

Posted

S

So you currently have 8inches LLWA? :D

I want pics! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Still coming down here....

Ironic...my wife is in Ireland with the kids and due to fly back to Stansted tomorrow evening. Not often they fly without me. The last time was when I worked in Switzerland and used to come home most fridays and fly out on a monday. Never had a plane cancelled. One weekend, she came out with the kids and the flight home was cancelled because an Air France plane had burst a tyre on landing at City airport.

Now I'm wondering if history will repeat itself. Will her flight becancelled tomorrow because of the weather? It shouldn't...there's been enough warning and it's the kind of thing other European countries deal with routinely. But, this is the UK and let's face it, the last few years have given precious little opportunity for the practice other European countries get!

All in all I think they'll make it back to Stansted ok....the main problem might be me making it back from Stansted to here with them!

Posted

Wow just seen 205 radar- ano ther 22mm shower developing off to my East- thats 7 inches per hour in the heart of the 22mm band-

S

could this hit the gravesend area??? we have had hardly a snow shower here for 2/3 hours!

Posted
Be gentle with me, its my 1st time here, and I'm "challenged" te he.....

I found it!

After following instructions.....remember "women dont do instructions"......WE KNOW!

slides out of thread before I get a thump!

Thankyou xx

No probs. When you find cameras that work around Junctions 7,8 and 9, (of the M25, that is) it brings a whole new meaning to "lamp post watching".

Edited by Steve_De4

Posted
So you currently have 8inches LLWA? :D

I want pics! :D

Yep i have so far and still falling niceley just had a 45minuite blizzard here. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!
I've really got my eye on those staff with young kids....

Hmm, I'm gonna have some nice new clients for Employment Tribunals, then? £66K each, if they can prove their kids' schools are closed or that leaving their homes was unreasonable in the conditions. Can't wait! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
argh i can't believe how gravesend are missing out on all this, it is so marginal. just need it to travel north to south just to get into it. so close but so far.

Chucking it down still in Erith.........................I CANT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! :D