Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted

bbc graphics arent very good at all fir west midlands, showing very little in way of snow from that low!..... oh well ignore it!

Posted
bbc graphics arent very good at all fir west midlands, showing very little in way of snow from that low!..... oh well ignore it!

just gonna say, i dont mind in the daytime, plenty of showers coming our way. its tonight that has been severely downgraded with the snow being shown as far more patchy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Heavy Snow showers overnight has left a full covering! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Got around an inch of snow after last night :D

Posted

I can understand why the snow is main news for london but on the central news aswel?

Only 1-2cm for god sake

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
Don't take the BBC Precip charts as Gospel, listen to Met office more.

i couldt agree more to be honest , i think its good idea to read the post on hear called 'tracking the lowe' if you go into the model discusions you should find it, it gives us a good idea why its difficult to prdict , theres a lot of trough development to occur that hasnt really began yet, its very exiting to read !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Just some light over night snow but not much

Everywhere apart from main road

Got 2nd interview 50 miles south in Swindon today not sure about the travel, I assume its down south anyone near Swindon or just north of the M4 ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

For once I wish I lived in London!! A foot of snow in places :whistling:

Stupid little dusting here.

Posted

Morning,

First post - not really sure if I'm classed as central southern or south west... - anyway, we have a dusting in Poole. Still coming down. I haven't seen a covering here in years and years. The sea has already frozen here once this year, maybe we can have some snow to remember!

Posted

Well here is the 'covering' we got here this morning, not bad i suppose :)

post-6161-1233560284_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Why do i get this nagging feeling that tonights event is going to deliever hardly anything for here. :)

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Covering too in Newbury. Must get out and get some photos. Does anyone know what it will be like this morning? i.e. we still have a band over us and will it continue this morning. Radar not that clear.

Posted

Showers will continue to push in from the east across the midlands through this morning giving an extra cm or two to places, then there is a low currently tracking through france which may or may not affect us as it seems that it will be taking a more easterly direction then first thought.

Tom

Posted

So much Precipitation around, definatly was not forecast like this, so what are there forecasts actually going to turn out for the main band from France? More snow then predicted?........ less? lol :)

Posted
Got 2nd interview 50 miles south in Swindon today not sure about the travel, I assume its down south anyone near Swindon or just north of the M4 ?

Stewfox, I`m 5 miles north west of swindon and woke to the the slightest of snow coverings earlier but its snowing more steadily (not that heavy) now and sticking. Not expecting masses of the white stuff today, roads should be ok, on the main ones any way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes
Why do i get this nagging feeling that tonights event is going to deliever hardly anything for here. :lol:

maybe because you watched the bbc graphics i see that aswell strange forecasting rain for later tonight and the main snow event the low coming up from france seems to skip most of southern england.

im not sure i have a feeling we might miss this main prolonged spell but then again im not a expert :lol:

Posted

No i'm doubting with you mate. Although i'm not too bothered with what we have already and the prospects for the rest of the week!Just pray that BBC are wrong!!I WANNA PROPER DUMPING!!!!!

Edited by *Stormforce~beka*