Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

There's a nice streamer passing through Brum heading across from the nottingham/derby area...Looks like it may give a more prolonged spell of moderate snow for a while...It looks a few miles too south for me, but for Isaac and Toonarmy out there near the Lickey Hills, it should give a nice additional covering :o

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
andy im waiting for the main band do you think we do well out of this

cher

x

I think we will yes, it's a case of wait and see this afternoon.

Posted

Well over an inch here and coming down thuck and fast. On the bbc just the LP coming out of france takes a more North route rather than NW so it may skirt past the w.mids.

Could anyone slap me into shape and tell me i'm talking rubbish?

Posted
Well over an inch here and coming down thuck and fast. On the bbc just the LP coming out of france takes a more North route rather than NW so it may skirt past the w.mids.

It is forecast to give a period of snow to the West Midlands, it's quite a wide band all the way from the East coast across to the West Midlands.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
There's a nice streamer passing through Brum heading across from the nottingham/derby area...Looks like it may give a more prolonged spell of moderate snow for a while...It looks a few miles too south for me, but for Isaac and Toonarmy out there near the Lickey Hills, it should give a nice additional covering :)

Well I got that wrong....lol.....Its snowing here steadily again :shok:

Posted

The forecast has changed dramatically since 6pm yesterday, so let's be honest - anything could happen.

It's time for Nowcasting not Forecasting. Keep an eye on NW radar and you'll have as much idea as anyone else including the forecasters !!

Posted
It is forecast to give a period of snow to the West Midlands, it's quite a wide band all the way from the East coast across to the West Midlands.

i think the bbc chats are misleading and remmeber they constantly change every 6 hours. We have to remember that the heaviest of the precipation will remian east but we are going to get prolonged moderate falls for atleast 3 hours if you look at the charts. Any heavy stuff will just be a bonus.

ANdy you will do really well with this

Posted

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn844.png

Oh yes, its our turn for the beast of dumpings on Thursday if this comes off :doh:

Hopefully one of those heavy snow showers to the east will hit dead on soon.

Am off to Dudley in a bit so should have some nice snowy scenes on the way.

Posted

continues sow for the past hour or so :cold: light to moderate. still waiting for the real heavy stuff!

Posted

small clump of showers have ganged up together, and should leave a nice extra covering!

post-4149-1233569650_thumb.png

small clump of showers have ganged up together, and should leave a nice extra covering!

post-4149-1233569650_thumb.png

Snowing quite heavily now, as heavy as I've seen it so far in this cold spell

Posted
The forecast has changed dramatically since 6pm yesterday, so let's be honest - anything could happen.

It's time for Nowcasting not Forecasting. Keep an eye on NW radar and you'll have as much idea as anyone else including the forecasters !!

OK, thanks guys, faith well and truly restored! Still snowing here, was very heavy but a bit lighter now with a very stable temp of -2.0C. It could well be an ice day on top of very good snow depths! Well over 2 inches now.

Edited by Albion Snowman

Posted

Wooop look at that beast of a snow shower just North of Birmingham heading west.

Going to Dudley in a bit so its going to a fun journey :)

Here in Telford its still pretty much dry and cold (-1.3c)

Edited by conor123

Posted
Wooop look at that beast of a snow shower just North of Birmingham heading west.

Going to Dudley in a bit so its going to a fun journey :rolleyes:

Here in Telford its still pretty much dry and cold (-1.3c)

I'm right under it as I speak Conor....Its heavy snow allright!

Posted

Snowing heavy again here, these showers are relentless. Just 20 minute breaks inbetween them and then more moderate to heavy snow.

5cm+ now and counting.

Posted

Will be very interesting for CS England to see just how potent the showers that come in tomorrow are, models are suggesting along the south coast could be some reasonably potent showers, it just depends on whether it can settle and even be as total snow or not...

Posted

Ive come to the decision that going shopping round Merry Hill doesnt appeal as much no.w

Going to head up the Wrekin (405m) this afternoon instead in the snow which will be very interesting.

That snow shower is reaching here now ajpoolshark, currently a moderate fall of massive flakes.

Posted
Ive come to the decision that going shopping round Merry Hill doesnt appeal as much no.w

Going to head up the Wrekin (405m) this afternoon instead in the snow which will be very interesting.

That snow shower is reaching here now ajpoolshark, currently a moderate fall of massive flakes.

Its just tapering off here now, but has left an additional cm........Looking further east, there is another potent clump of showers heading out of Nottingham following the same track as this one, so probably a short lull of 30 mins or so before the next.....Busy times for us Midlanders :D

Posted

Light snow falling here atm 4cm of level snow with drifts of upto 12cm :D

Posted
Its just tapering off here now, but has left an additional cm........Looking further east, there is another potent clump of showers heading out of Nottingham following the same track as this one, so probably a short lull of 30 mins or so before the next.....Busy times for us Midlanders :D

Coming down thick and fast now here and starting to settle again, helped by temperature being -1c.

Some pics i just took out the window.

post-2546-1233571573_thumb.jpg

post-2546-1233571588_thumb.jpg