Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow And Cold Weather Chat

Posted

Moderate/light snow here for the last 2 hours, leaving everywhere with a thin blanket of the driest most perfect snow not quite a cm yet but getting there. :cold:

hopefully we get a fair dumping later. have you got over a cm yet in chelts yet dogs32

Posted
Moderate/light snow here for the last 2 hours, leaving everywhere with a thin blanket of the driest most perfect snow not quite a cm yet but getting there. :)

hopefully we get a fair dumping later. have you got over a cm yet in chelts yet dogs32

no mate.........1 cm in my garden still snowing here but not as heavy

fairly heavy again here

Edited by dogs32

Posted
no mate.........1 cm in my garden still snowing here but not as heavy

fairly heavy again here

I'd say theres almost acm on the footpaths and the roads on my estate, nice walking back from the town perfect alpine dry snow, should not have any problems with it melting later.

Posted

Its soooo frustrating - so near but yet so far. The SKY forecast was great for our area but hardly anything has come. Can anyone tell me whether we should get anything in SE Wales later?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
Just started to rain here in Stevenage!

NOOOOOOOOo rain ?

Heavy snow now 20 miles north of oxford

-0.6c

Posted
id be most annoyed with snowfans if they ARNT out in it! for years people have been bleeting on about snow so if they are sat inside tapping away at a computer that would be rather hypocritical! lol

snow might well fall somewhere in the uk all of this week... but with the bbc predicting temps of 7c on wednesday in the southwest is suspect that after today many of us will see a gradual thaw.

fi holds the promise of some much more agreeable weather (for non cold fans) with +5c uppers making it here in a distant 2 weeks time....

Yeah thats true at the moment we have about 1mm though, so Im just waiting for a few heavy showers and tonight.

Posted

I have to travel from Belfast to Newcastle then to Carlisle tonight....not looking good atm. I would really appreciate it if anyone could let me know what they think. Should I just forget about it? Worried that I will get to Newcastle and then get stuck at the airport. :cold::cold:

Posted
I have to travel from Belfast to Newcastle then to Carlisle tonight....not looking good atm. I would really appreciate it if anyone could let me know what they think. Should I just forget about it? Worried that I will get to Newcastle and then get stuck at the airport. :cold::cold:

check this out can check most motor ways http://www.keepmoving.co.uk/home_jamcams.aspx

penny

Posted
Its soooo frustrating - so near but yet so far. The SKY forecast was great for our area but hardly anything has come. Can anyone tell me whether we should get anything in SE Wales later?

Well apparantly Roger says it will be our turn tonight and he has the GFS to back him up. I think its something to do with the milder sector because it actually helps us a little.

Posted

This is by far the best forecast my local weather station has ever issued.

DAILY WEATHER REPORT

from PITSFORD HALL WEATHER STATION

released at 07:46 AM on Monday, 02 February 2009

GENERAL SITUATION ACROSS THE UK

Frontal systems working in from the east are continuing to deliver heavy falls of snow across a large part of eastern Britain.

FORECAST FOR NORTHAMPTONSHIRE

Much of the county has so far escaped the heaviest of the snow which has gridlocked parts of the south and north. However, we are far from being out of the woods as further heavy snowfalls are expected to drive inland this time affecting parts of central and eastern England including Northamptonshire. The heaviest falls are expected later this afternoon. Coupled with the snow will be a moderate and biting easterly wind. Temperatures today will struggle to get above freezing falling overnight to around -3C. Snow showers are expected to continue this evening and overnight.

OUTLOOK

Tuesday will start off with snow showers, but these should clear during the course of the morning becoming drier later. However, the lying snow and icy surfaces will present a problem during the morning rush hour. The wind will remain moderate, veering south-easterly. Highs tomorrow will reach 3C with another widespread frost overnight with lows falling to -2C. Winds will generally be lighter on Wednesday, from the south-east. and it will be dry for the most part. Some snow flurries are expected during the afternoon, but these should clear fairly quickly. Highs of 2C falling overnight to -1C. Rain is then expected overnight which could produce some treacherous icy surfaces during Thursday morning; this rain tending to turn to sleet and snow later in the day. There is the potential for quite heavy falls across the Midlands once again.

http://www.brixworth.demon.co.uk/updates/weather7.htm

:cold::cold::D

Posted

I have noticed a misalignment of the radar for Dublin over the last few hours, the map is wrong or radar plotted wrong in NW.

My position is about 10/15 miles out on the map compared to actual precip.

Posted

It's gone quite dark here and snowing lightly, still very very little so far considering the hype for East Anglia guess we'll have to see what later on brings

Posted

I hope people are saving these BBC forecasts for the Archives, Latest news 24 going for up to 40cm of snow tonight in the Pennines :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

well, so far, we've certainly had more than expected :lol: and forecast to keep going for another 24 hours. What intigrues me is Wed and Thurs. The current update gives us very little on Wed and then very significant falls (15-20 cm) on Thursday :lol: . Unfortunately (and not surprisingly) the model thread appears very quiet atm - any explanations please?

Beautiful weather today in Stockholm!

Gazing sunshing after a morning low of -8°c, right now it has settled at -1°c, and the wind is light.

And the snow depth is quite packed around 3 cm, which it has been now for a very long time, barely any precipitation at all recently!

3 cm is nothing at all compared to many places now in the UK! :)

Posted

lol oh dear .. how all the people that said this would be rain must be feeling now :D

Just a quick pic to show you what it actually producing in leicestershire.

post-2826-1233575831_thumb.jpg

Edited by snowmadchrisuk

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

The front has reached Kent, is this falling as heavy snow??

Also, North and West Yorkshire now have warnings for 20cm to 30cm of snow.