Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow And Cold Weather Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
lol oh dear .. how all the people that said this would be rain must be feeling now :(

Just a quick pic to show you what it actually producing in leicestershire.

My fear was that the main band would turn to rain this evening and overnight... I knew the showers today would be snow. Have had a good fall in Leicestershire though, 5cm and it looks awesome, proper snow not the slushy wet snow.

What you reckon for the main band this evening? BBC reckon Leicestershire might scrape the scraps of the main band that is pushing through East Anglia... I hope thats wrong.

Posted

been out in the wintry conditions...Not to bad here at the moment but if it carries on I would think shortly it would...If it gets more heavy

about to go into a blizzard :(

Edited by dogs32

Posted
My fear was that the main band would turn to rain this evening and overnight... I knew the showers today would be snow. Have had a good fall in Leicestershire though, 5cm and it looks awesome, proper snow not the slushy wet snow.

What you reckon for the main band this evening? BBC reckon Leicestershire might scrape the scraps of the main band that is pushing through East Anglia... I hope thats wrong.

bbc radio leicester has been going on and on about the persistant snowfall expected this evening. I can't believe the worse is yet to come. I think it should remain as snow here. If ti does turn sleety then it will be snow again by the early hours. Wednesday night into thursday looks like an all snow event at the moment as well. And to be honest I think with so much ppn around this week showers will effect us throughout tuesday and wedneesday.

Posted
been out in the wintry conditions...Not to bad here at the moment but if it carries on I would think shortly it would...If it gets more heavy

about to go into a blizzard :cold:

The snow here has melted a bit, had snow here for just over 3 hours light to moderate though stopped now let's see what mr angwin says later fingers crossed. :lol:

Posted

Smarty, I don't think it's melting but being dried out by the wind and how dry the air is. I could be wrong though but it's probably too cold for snow to melt except for next to buildings.

Finally some heavy snow has survived getting West of Salisbury Plain after 18 hours or so of dying out as it crossed the Plain. See NW radar accumulations for the past 24 hours by zooming to BA12 or BA13 or BA14 to see what I mean.

Posted

Smarty, I don't think it's melting but being dried out by the wind and how dry the air

The snow is coming back moderate right now, Think i might take a wonder later

Posted
blizzard here.very heavy

Yes I have heavy snow here now nice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.
Yes I have heavy snow here now nice

PLEASE come this way :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening

Just clouding over again so no doubt more snow :D . Although the snow is refusing to lie here :D . Will have to wait until tonight for that to happen I would imagine.

Edited by WhiteXmas

Posted

Looks like Wednesday/Thursday has gone pear shaped for us! Although of course this is most likely subject to change. Roll on 3.30! :o

Posted
notice the met office has now given a early warning for thursday with no warnings for the south.

now its futher north. :o

Warning is still there if you read it rather than look at the picture

UK regions: East of England

North West England

Wales

South West England

Yorkshire & Humber

West Midlands

London & South East England

East Midlands

Posted

Good point LP I had forgotten about that :doh: . Looks as if our main event today will arrive tonight with a brand spanking new front arriving from the south bringing some lovely white stuff :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes
Warning is still there if you read it rather than look at the picture

UK regions: East of England

North West England

Wales

South West England

Yorkshire & Humber

West Midlands

London & South East England

East Midlands

its just been updated no snow event looks there for thursday in the south.

sorry either they forgot to remove it or it still stands i must apolgise i did not just look at the picture either :o

London & South East England:

Buckinghamshire

Milton Keynes

Oxfordshire

Heavy Snow & Drifting Snow Thu 5 Feb

There is a moderate risk of a severe weather event affecting Wales, central and parts of Northern England. Further snow is likely in places, more particularly over higher ground with drifting in strong north easterly winds.

Issued at: 1200 Mon 2 Feb London & South East England:

Buckinghamshire

Milton Keynes

Oxfordshire

only thease areas so just a misunderstanding.

Edited by badboy657

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
I'd love nothing more than some mild weather in ten days' time. I remember one day in February last year when you could actually smell growth in the air and it was lovely. Easy for me to say though, as this is the third decent covering I've had this winter.

:o EXACTLY! its a phenomina that makes spring a joy! and it only seems to be early spring when its manifest...

its melting here quite rapidly and after tonights snow and ice tomorrow should see a widespread thaw setting in.. funny how it melts so easy, just a fraction above 0c and its away...

Posted
Any news on that milder sector? Meto still giving rain for the south east tonight/early hours.

It's likely that because of the milder air there will eventually be snow turning to rain. The further North the better in my opinion, however if it meets cold air it could be happy days again :wacko:

Posted

Thats why I cant see what all the fuss is about (as regards to the milder sector) one day of snow then washed away by rain.....hardly a reapeat of 1991. But we will see..........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes
Thats why I cant see what all the fuss is about (as regards to the milder sector) one day of snow then washed away by rain.....hardly a reapeat of 1991. But we will see..........

no i agree noway 1991 that was sustained. ;)

Posted

that was nice....massive 50p size flakes..a true blizzrad beats lasts night...we now have managed in my garden 1i inch..

still snowing but moderately...truly fantastic.....lasted for 20 mins

consistent moderate to heavy snow here non stop...put the video on to rec

Edited by dogs32