Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

i'm really disapointed with the snow amounts here in gravesend, the streamer has missed us by about 6/8 miles.

just hope this band coming up from france provides us with some kind of actvity.

Posted
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich

I think here in Norwich we have our fingers crossed we don't end up with Sleet.

Feels cold though and current showers of snow bode well, I wish there was a radar to see this balsted warm sector thingy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

strange here in Shorne...it snowed lightly during the night and we totalled about 3" depth. Temp has risen steadily through the early morning to +1.1c at 9am but now dropped back to 0.7c as Snow starts to fall again.

To the East it looks very dark. Now snowing heavily!

Posted

Yes very cold wind today as there was yesterday, gusting around 30mph when it starts falling heavier expect drifting/blizzard conditions! Light snow beggining to fall here again now. :doh:

Posted
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
Friend of mine's pic from Epsom, about 4 miles from the racecourse:

(hope this works!!)

Photo of the day so far! :shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
I think here in Norwich we have our fingers crossed we don't end up with Sleet.

Feels cold though and current showers of snow bode well, I wish there was a radar to see this balsted warm sector thingy.

A sneaky peak at the front heading north (and getting strong as it does)

Radar.jpg

Posted
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)

Just got home after walking halfway to work and then finding office was closed, so turned around again. I didn't mind as it's always fun to go for a walk along the prom in the snow :shok: No buses, not trains, very few cars. Loads of people on foot though! .... ........Oh I do like to be beside the seaside :)

post-7758-1233567835_thumb.jpg post-7758-1233567854_thumb.jpg

Posted
Friend of mine's pic from Epsom, about 4 miles from the racecourse:

(hope this works!!)

snow.jpg

Unreal :shok:

Posted

Wow Ozzy thats really impressive snowfall, never seen anything that deep personally, must be an amazing sight!

Anyway snow coming down a little heavier now again as the line of snow extending from Essex SW through to the channel comes through.

Posted

Why haven't the MetO issued are further update or flash alert on the low that is moving in from France? Looking at the latest radar, it looks like it could deliver as much if not more than we saw overnight.

:shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

WOW that is ALOT! and more ontop...how crazy is tht gonna be when it stops...60/70cm?? American styele event FOR SURE Y'ALL!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
snow.jpg

Blimey, did they measure how much snow was on that car? I thought my dads was bad when I was having to dig him out this morning!

Must be about 8 inches on this 1.

thats more than 8 inches! probably over a foot

Posted
Blimey, did they measure how much snow was on that car? I thought my dads was bad when I was having to dig him out this morning!

Must be about 8 inches on this 1.

No, he isn't very pleased about the amount of snow to be honest, doesn't much like the white stuff - just said he had about a foot of snow which looks in the right ballpark from his photo.

Posted
WOW that is ALOT! and more ontop...how crazy is tht gonna be when it stops...60/70cm??
lol 40cm perhaps I couldn't see 60/70cm, but I wouldn't write it off. I do think judgeing my the weather images that this low comming up from the south will bring more snow than last nights, cause last nights was like lots of rashes of showers this 1 is a huge dolloping area of snow so probably continues for 4 maybe even 5 hours heavily! :):shok: