Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

So whens the band going to move northwards and reach here then? All i'm getting is pathetic snow flurries at the moment!

Edit: Turning a bit heavier now. Reverse psychology, I love it!

Edited by WBSH

Posted

post-1467-1233569675_thumb.jpg

Just thought I would post a pic from the garden, BEFORE the main snow starts in Sutton (now twinned with Kiev!)

SS

Posted
my kids were gutted their school was open today, must be the only 1 in medway that still is, I even questioned the headmistress stating that its gonna get bad later and she was very flippent about it lol
I wouldn't be gutted if I was still at school and I still had to go, it means I could have had a massive snowball fight in the playground at break time with my friends lol, or even better have got the chance to lob a few snowballs at the teachers I didn't like haha! :):) Why cant 22 year olds still go to school, damnit!

Posted

You know what? There has been a slight thaw this morning in Norwich - I had a thin covering on my little chairs on the patio but it has melted... never mind, the snow has started here again in the last 20 mins and now starting to get slightly heavier (although not very). I am 100% sure that as it starts to pick up, it will readily settle and we will have some significant accumulations by dark tonight.

Pity we did not get much last night to build on!

Posted

Just thought I would post a pic from the garden, BEFORE the main snow starts in Sutton (now twinned with Kiev!)

SS

Jesus christ :)

Posted
I'm gonna bet on about 40 cm/ 16 inches of snow by the end of all this if the lastest readings on this afternoons falls are anything to go by! :):)

thats the amazing thing about this - the heavier stuff hasnt arrived yet. due this afternoon according to the weather reports!

by the way - whats the url for the traffic cams on the m25 - was posted last night in another thread and i forgot to bookmark it. parts of m25 at a standstill according to sky news.

post-8690-1233569350_thumb.jpg

Posted
I wouldn't be gutted if I was still at school and I still had to go, it means I could have had a massive snowball fight in the playground at break time with my friends lol, or even better have got the chance to lob a few snowballs at the teachers I didn't like haha! :):) Why cant 22 year olds still go to school, damnit!

thing is they have shut the 2 playgrounds because of the snow - so the poor kids only get to look at the snow lol

Posted
So whens the band going to move northwards and reach here then? All i'm getting is pathetic snow flurries at the moment!

Edit: Turning a bit heavier now. Reverse psychology, I love it!

Yes this is the light stuff at present watch for the moderate snow likely to fall between 12 to 4pm. So far it looks like Canterbury is direct centre for it.

Posted

As promised, photos taken in daylight.

post-3371-1233569885_thumb.jpg post-3371-1233569874_thumb.jpg

I cleared a patch and leant the ruler against the snow outside my window so you can get an idea of how much snow there is.

post-3371-1233569743_thumb.jpg

Edited by ilsewin

Posted
Yes this is the light stuff at present watch for the moderate snow likely to fall between 12 to 4pm. So far it looks like Canterbury is direct centre for it.

Hey thanks for that, I remember to watch out nearer the time then. I've never lived so near to the coast in my lifetime (6 miles) so I am getting paranoid that this is all going to turn to sleet and rain later on!

Posted

Wouldn't surprise me if the M25 is at a standstill as it is generally the busyiest motorway anyway, but I don't think there well be as many problems on the motorways as the sideroads and country lanes as most of the motorways would have been well gritted!

WOW, it's really starting to fall here now! :rolleyes:

Posted

Not sure how bad this afternoon will be for the M3/M4 corridoor area west of london. We will see some moderate snow, but probably not suite as much as due s of london etc.

My brother in Guildfod reckons they had knee depth snow this morning...here it is more like 10cms....no where near a foot....but going on the photo above...some places have had significantly more

Posted

SS

Wowzers!

Here is view from dartford where it has started to snow again

post-7917-1233570210_thumb.jpg

Posted
Wow is it really sleet?

As other have said the coastline is always at risk of being too marginal but inland it should be mainly snow I'd imagine...

This week looks like being full of snow chances by the way!

Darren

It is more Rain than Snow (75 - 25%) This really really Sucks!

What an amazing Cold Spell, and then stuff from France has not even arrived :rolleyes:

Posted
Wouldn't surprise me if the M25 is at a standstill as it is generally the busyiest motorway anyway, but I don't think there well be as many problems on the motorways as the sideroads and country lanes as most of the motorways would have been well gritted!

WOW, it's really starting to fall here now! :rolleyes:

The M25 is at a standstill on the best of days :)

Posted

Can't help but think that the lack of snow last night may be whats tipping it a little to the rain rather snow side of things, as snow on the ground always helps to make things that little bit less marginal.

Still the next 24hrs will be very interesting...as will the whole week for various parts of the country, just one snow event after another!

Posted

Starting to build up here again, if it carries on like this until tonight or horror of horror's gets worse I'm worried my dad is gonna get stranded on the way back from work! :rolleyes::)

Posted

Eagle1-E Grinstead- walked to work this morning & took in the scenery. Main roads-A22, clear but hilly side roads like mine will become treacherous as cars compact the snow especially with the snow crossing the channel right now.

It's been snowing here for some40 minutes & is fairly moderate now. My wife's boss just rang me to ask what time he should send staff home. In my humble opinion & watching radar I would recommend anytime from mid-day depending on the arrival of next band of snow after a lull I think around about 11-11.30 unless this band catches up existing one.

Posted
thats the amazing thing about this - the heavier stuff hasnt arrived yet. due this afternoon according to the weather reports!

by the way - whats the url for the traffic cams on the m25 - was posted last night in another thread and i forgot to bookmark it. parts of m25 at a standstill according to sky news.

I think it was http://www.keepmoving.co.uk