Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: North West England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

I think its hard to predict where its exact path is as I would like to say that We got more snow than predicted?

I think we should all be crossing fingers now and hoping we get a good dumping!

Posted
Please carry on :)

Doesnt look so good now on the gfs for the nwesterly. Last run it showed a potential of a good dumping from midweek, now its showing almost the reverse :clap:

It hasnt snowed here for a while now. and sod's law its started to snow since i first made the post lolol

Edited by NorthWest_Snow

Posted
Doesnt look so good now on the gfs for the nwesterly. Last run it showed a potential of a good dumping from midweek, now its showing almost the reverse :clap:

It hasnt snowed here for a while now. and sod's law its started to snow since i first made the post lolol

Belive my Friend...Beilive!

Posted

http://expert.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/...470d2d92a4042cd

The Met Office now has the region in an advisory for Thursday

Edited by Mr_Data

Posted

I continue to see snow showers here on and off. However, there is a slow thaw which is surprising given the conditions and temperature.

The organised band is progressing into Lincolnshire, Leicestershire and Nottinghamshire.

Karyo

Posted
Belive my Friend...Beilive!

Just had a look at the netweather radar on time lapse, and i am watching a more organised and heavier band of snow making its way from the southeast towards the northwest, lets hope it heads this way..its pretty organised and looks like its got a ton of snow in it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Local forecast say for this side of the Pennines possibly 20-30cm and snow mainly staying to the east but could turn up anywhere.

Posted
http://expert.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/...470d2d92a4042cd

The Met Office now has the region in an advisory for Thursday

Not sure what you are on about

moderate risk with Further snow is likely in places, more particularly over higher ground i was referring to lower levels, the original gfs run on the last two or 3 passes for snow made it out to be more significant than what it currently is forecast. I am not saying its particulary bad for those on higher ground but it doesnt look anywhere near as promising for lower levels.

Posted
Local forecast say for this side of the Pennines possibly 20-30cm and snow mainly staying to the east but could turn up anywhere.

thats more like it! lest move the region east!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Knife Edge ATM.BBc weather Man here seems to say No....... :lol:

Local Weather Girl she says maybe 5-10 cms anywere...But more severe on

The Eastern side..........Take your pick :o Know which i want LoL

Posted

--------------------

SACRA Member 151

Autumn-Winter 2008/09

Air Frosts: 38

Snow (days with falling): 14

Days with Lying Snow: 7

Ice Days: 1

Greatest Snow Depth: 6cm - 02/12/08

Lowest Daytime Max: -0.6°C - 06/01/09

Lowest Temp Recorded: -8.3°C - 06/01/09

Something tells me you may have to update your signature sometime soon, James.....TIMES 5!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
thats more like it! lest move the region east!

Well when I say that I mean the Pennines but our side, she did mention possibly 5-10cm elsewhere but it's still uncertain.

Posted
moderate risk with Further snow is likely in places, more particularly over higher ground i was referring to lower levels, the original gfs run on the last two or 3 passes for snow made it out to be more significant than what it currently is forecast. I am not saying its particulary bad for those on higher ground but it doesnt look anywhere near as promising for lower levels.

I think the key for me is that the Met Office is monitoring it for our region when it wasn't yesterday. That is an upgrade in my eyes.

New warning from Met Office

NW England

Periods of snow will continue to spread across northern England. A further 2 to 5 cm are expected, locally 10 cm over hills this afternoon. The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency' for further advice on road conditions.

Issued at: 1348 Mon 2 Feb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

thanks for that - now can you stop throwing snowballs at my house James as you have got height advantage :lol:

Edited by V for Very Cold

Posted

shall i just listen to you guys...because wearther man says not over north walse and web cams show not a lot

Posted

--------------------

SACRA Member 151

Autumn-Winter 2008/09

Air Frosts: 38

Snow (days with falling): 14

Days with Lying Snow: 7

Ice Days: 1

Greatest Snow Depth: 6cm - 02/12/08

Lowest Daytime Max: -0.6°C - 06/01/09

Lowest Temp Recorded: -8.3°C - 06/01/09

Something tells me you may have to update your signature sometime soon, James.....TIMES 5!

lol yeah we have 10cm now but I was waiting to see how much we get tonight before updating.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

UPDATE.........

Just heard from a reliable Source.That all The Snow IN SE is Heading

in a WNW

Doh Pressed the wrong button LoL

To finish above Heading in WNW Direction :) Can anyone with the Radar confirm

This as Currently in work and no Access.

Edited by cheshire snow

Posted
I think the key for me is that the Met Office is monitoring it for our region when it wasn't yesterday. That is an upgrade in my eyes.

New warning from Met Office

NW England

Periods of snow will continue to spread across northern England. A further 2 to 5 cm are expected, locally 10 cm over hills this afternoon. The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency' for further advice on road conditions.

Issued at: 1348 Mon 2 Feb

there is a big band of snow that seems to be moving north and westwards from the southeast, it looks like it has quite some intense snow in it

Posted

I am keeping the faith that the more persistent snow will hit us this evening. I pray to god that it does........I don't begrudge the southerners getting their fair share of the snow, but they had a darn good summer, whilst we basically never had one!! lol

Rough justice I'd say :)

PS still snowing here, some lovely drifting, and temp -1.2oC, warmest its been all day

Edited by Storm Animal

Posted
shall i just listen to you guys...because wearther man says not over north walse and web cams show not a lot

I'm no expert, but looking at the latest radar on meteox, and the track which the showers over the SE seem to be taking, i can't see how they can miss the NW.

Snow all but melted here now :)