Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: North West England

Posted

The band is heading northwestwards and intensifying all the time.

The Pennines won't be able to stop its progress or dry it out. We are talking about the Pennines here not the Alps!

Karyo

Posted
I'm no expert, but looking at the latest radar on meteox, and the track which the showers over the SE seem to be taking, i can't see how they can miss the NW.

Snow all but melted here now :)

I have been looking at Meteox as well and that big blob is heading straight for Manchester, lets just hope it keeps on going in the same direction. Its snowing here again in Bury, and hopefully by the time I get home we will have loads more on top of last nights 2inches.

Shadowfax

Posted
UPDATE.........

Just heard from a reliable Source.That all The Snow IN SE is Heading

in a WNW

Doh Pressed the wrong button LoL

To finish above Heading in WNW Direction :) Can anyone with the Radar confirm

This as Currently in work and no Access.

yes it is, very slowly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
The band is heading northwestwards and intensifying all the time.

The Pennines won't be able to stop its progress or dry it out. We are talking about the Pennines here not the Alps!

Karyo

I don't think anyones worried about it dying out just that it might slide to east and miss us.

Posted

yes its melted on the Wirral ...however its snowing againvery small flakes(thanks for your comment annamb) what time do you think the fun will start? :(

Posted

just looked at the netweather radar and those snow showers have become more organized in the southeast covering the whole of east anglia, not sure what track that organized band is heading but i would hazard a guess its heading this way on a nw track, but there is another more intense band definitely moving nw tho

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
yes it is, very slowly.

Hi Caz, how much snow have you got down there?

Posted
I don't think anyones worried about it dying out just that it might slide to east and miss us.

I think we might strike lucky james with that band of intense snow, its become more organized and it now appears to be an even bigger band than 15-20 mins ago, and it is still heading this way.

Posted
hi, sorry, just been out measuring, we have 8cm so far. not bad

10cm here, so we've done quite well.

Posted

john lennon airport reporting problems with snow.

That band does seem to be veering more wnw rather than just nw generally, could be a quirk of the radar though..but it has shown consistantly now that the heading is nw to wnw. I think people in widnes, hale to the west, wigan possibly south liverpool may get hit by this but if it really is heading wnw i can see it hitting regardless, its a fairly large band

Edited by NorthWest_Snow

Posted

Now snowing very heavily in bury and settling all over the cars outside my office window. 50p sized flakes now.

Looking at meteox again, the band seems to be getting wider as it travels nw, and I can't see how it can avoid us!

Shadowfax

Posted

Started snowing here again with good sized flakes. Seems to be sticking even though we've had a good thaw over the last 2 hours :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Northwich reporting problems with Snow

Were is it LoL :D

Posted
Northwich reporting problems with Snow

Were is it LoL :lol:

thats what i would like to know too, the liverpool airport reporting problems with snow and that place is only about 3 miles west lol Still unbroken cloud here, but as i write snow starting to fall. Windchill dropped to -4 from -6 about an hour ago. dew point down to -2c, it did briefly go to -1c

Edited by NorthWest_Snow

Posted
Now snowing very heavily in bury and settling all over the cars outside my office window. 50p sized flakes now.

Looking at meteox again, the band seems to be getting wider as it travels nw, and I can't see how it can avoid us!

Shadowfax

Band looks as far west as Derby now :lol: Keep it coming this way!

Posted

I'm pretty sure that batch of heavier snow will reach us, it is heading this way, lets just hope it doesnt get pulled up the eastern side as the low moves north, but at the moment its on track.

Posted
I'm pretty sure that batch of heavier snow will reach us, it is heading this way, lets just hope it doesnt get pulled up the eastern side as the low moves north, but at the moment its on track.

we now have heavy snow big flakes coming down now

Posted
I have been looking at Meteox as well and that big blob is heading straight for Manchester, lets just hope it keeps on going in the same direction. Its snowing here again in Bury, and hopefully by the time I get home we will have loads more on top of last nights 2inches.

Shadowfax

How much snow is there in Bury? Just trying to work out how long the commute home from Lancaster might take - Grane Road could be fun, might give that a miss!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

According to our Friends in the midlands This Snow is Def on a

Collision course with NW Engand :D Apparently Heavy Snow in Derby ATM LoL

Posted
How much snow is there in Bury? Just trying to work out how long the commute home from Lancaster might take - Grane Road could be fun, might give that a miss!!

I can only tell you what I can see out of my office window. We had about 1inch of settled snow left from this morning and all the cars were clear, but in the last half hour, its started to settle properly, all the cars are going white and the roofs and clear bits on the ground are covering up again. I live in Bacup and its going to be good fun getting back there if this carries on, long live four wheel drive!!

Shadowfax