Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: North West England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards
it definately seems to be moving more westwards again, seems to be blowing west on the easterly winds, this could be good!

Still light snow here.

Good things come to those who wait.......

...........ok waited enough now!!! COME ON SNOW!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

This band it certainly much earlier and farther west than expected, I'm worried that might mean the warm sector is more prevalent than expected.

Moderate snow atm.

Edited by James M

Posted

Andy, this main band is pushing a lot further west than anticipated I think......Almost heading due west now, the direction has changed quite markably over the last hour....You could yet see substantially more snow

Quote from the Midlands thread...the weather guys at the Met seem to have got it slightly wrong. This could mean the North West gets a pasting!!

NB* Still got the heavy/moderate snow falling in liverpool, has been for 45 mins. The roads are starting to white over, after a slight thaw. I've a good feeling guys 'n' gals!

Posted

Just come back from haydock and it was a white out on the m6 to juc 26 then turned to light snow but i have been home less than 10 mins and it has started to snow really heavy with big flakes and has gone very dark.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

netweather radar is ace! big green blob heading for my location! may intensify not too sure, this is defo a lesson to learn in forecasting, nothing is 100% EVER!

Posted

I'm I'm giving up now. Nothing substantial wants to come my way, all this talk of inches and a few cm's - and we get a dusting. Gonna go to pub!

Good luck to everyone else.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
No way mate its snow all the way for you,and PLENTY of it like i suggested earlier

I hope so, looking in the other thread down south it's still snow for many so that's good.

Posted

areas in south liverpool and hale upto widnes have light snow, started to peter out, though the clouds are full of it, and those snow bands are becoming far more organized than initially thought, am not convinced that snow is going to go nne, it seems to all be heading north then meeting up with the easterly airflow and moving westwards quite rapidly.

Its fantastic to see liverpool get some major snow, its always usually snowless..i think we could be in for a good pasting just like london, lets hope that warm sector doesnt wreck our chances because the way things stand right now in my eyes we are in for a good pasting.

Posted

Snow is starting to fall again in Wythenshawe and also very dark now. I can't believe how fast the band on the radar is moving. You can see it all pivoting in the Midlands where the low pressure is developing!

Karyo

Posted

It's still intensifying! if that makes it over here it's gonna be good :)

post-6315-1233588224_thumb.png

Posted
areas in south liverpool and hale upto widnes have light snow, started to peter out, though the clouds are full of it, and those snow bands are becoming far more organized than initially thought, am not convinced that snow is going to go nne, it seems to all be heading north then meeting up with the easterly airflow and moving westwards quite rapidly.

Spot on, I think the easterly component has slightly alterred the course in our favour, not long now.

Time to pack in at work once it starts.

Edited by cheshire cat

Posted

o my post code zoom in on the radar that intense band of snow from the south is about 4 miles to my east and its showing up on time lapse its moving west towards me..this could be interesting. Seem to be in a lull now. But more on the way :)

you'd think the bbc would make more upto date forecasts because there is a huge difference between what they are banging on about to what is really happening 0.o

Posted

there is a prolonged amount of snowing heading this way with intense bursts in with it..could be a good hour or two's worth here.

a line from hull to liverpool moving westwards just one big area of snow

Edited by NorthWest_Snow

Posted

potentially some heavy-ish snow heading towards Preston according to NW-Radar... dark-ish skies at the moment... anyone reckon this band of snow currently over the midlands may come anywhere near Preston?

Posted

Really coming down now and it looks likes there's hours of it yet to come :)

Posted
there is a prolonged amount of snowing heading this way with intense bursts in with it..could be a good hour or two's worth here.

will it be cold enough to stick - all our snow has now melted

Posted

light snow again here but from what i can see out of the window it looks like winter hill and rivington are getting a pasting so fingers crossed it should reach here in the next five mins .Does any one have any reports from the wirral mortan area?

Posted
will it be cold enough to stick - all our snow has now melted

as long as that warm sector doesnt hit us too soon, yes i can see it more than sticking draw a line from hull to liverpool and its snow all the way moving westwards..not only do we have the easterly helping us we also have that low forming in the midlands helping it too move more westwards too. I think the beeb have got it completely wrong