Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: North West England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Reports of fairly deep snow around the Cheshire foothills of the Pennines and the Manchester area. Looks like most of the Northwest and Wales will remain in the cold sector for the rest of the week. Substantials accumilations, even at lower elevations.

C

Posted
Reports of fairly deep snow around the Cheshire foothills of the Pennines and the Manchester area. Looks like most of the Northwest and Wales will remain in the cold sector for the rest of the week. Substantials accumilations, even at lower elevations.

C

which is exactly what we want to hear ! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Posted

Steady snowfall here for the last hour or so but no additional settling.

The heaviest precipitation is just to our east, on the Pennines.

It is arriving early, i was hoping to be here after dark so that it could settle easily.

Areas in the southeast, Norwich, Lincs, Hull are reporting a wintry mix as the mild upper air is there now. It should just skirt us for a time so hopefully no problems with rain here.

Karyo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
Snowing on the wirral now...radio city saying we are going to get loads of the stuff tonight :)

A snow shower now but its not settling, temperature 0.7C need it to drop down (which it will) but by the time its dropped to 0C this will have stopped no doubt! Haha never believe Radio City, theyre rarely correct, I cant remember the last time they were as a matter of fact. They always used to forecast snow and I always used to be really disappointed in the morning :)

Posted

C

I can confirm that C, we have had some thawing but fresh snow now coming down harder than at anytime over the last 24hrs.

Posted
A snow shower now but its not settling, temperature 0.7C need it to drop down (which it will) but by the time its dropped to 0C this will have stopped no doubt!

I think this is more than a snow shower, its too organized. take a look at the radar and everything that is heading north is curling over and heading west towards us. We have the snow sticking quite nicely, and its pretty intense at times

Edited by NorthWest_Snow

Posted

Just got back from work, quite a depth of snow building up now, was quite nasty driving home, wass freezing even on the gritted roads. Heavy snow now, only stopped snowing for a short time at lunch. Icicles everywhere where it has been dripping of the roofs earlier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
I think this is more than a snow shower, its too organized. take a look at the radar and everything that is heading north is curling over and heading west towards us. We have the snow sticking quite nicely, and its pretty intense at times

That main band is going NE of here, I think it's a just a shower off the edge of it. If it doesn't stop in an hour though then I'm very wrong.

Posted
it is settling in bromborough :) we are the other side remember

just looking at the post code zoom, there is a very intense area of snow looks pretty substantial to me and it does look likes it moving directly west now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

C

thanks for that news :) - made my smiel a little wider :)

Posted

Certainly getting significantly heavier now, started snowing at around 4pm, looks more than a rouge shower. After a day when the early snow melted away by around midday this is a pleasant surprise.

Are we looking at rather more than we expected??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Been snowing here for about an Hour but not Sticking Lol :)

Need Temp to drop a tad me thinks........COME ON START SETTLING............

Posted
That main band is going NE of here, I think it's a just a shower off the edge of it. If it doesn't stop in an hour though then I'm very wrong.

We had a prolonged shower before from about 2.45pm - 3.30pm, it didn't stick but it did make the walk to and from school with Youngest much more fun. :)

Another flurry has just started. Temp 1.1ºc

Posted

you could be right there however i think the low forming in the midlands and the easterly is actually forcing it further to the west towards us, even looking at that snow off the yorkshire coast does look like its starting to curl over..not saying it will, but there is quite a large band of organized snow to our south east still moving west..think it could give us a quite a substantial fall, as long as the low does not push it towards the ne as the cloud moving from the south east banks up against it on its eastern side..so far that does seem to be happening, however the easterly is sending it back our way

the snow is now getting heavier and the flakes look like they are getting a little bigger, roof and wet pavement from melt earlier now covered/ i cant see this stopping for a long while yet, there is such a large bank of snow to our east moving this way

Edited by NorthWest_Snow

Posted
I know that this really isn't quite the right region - but once I recovered from the shock of a BBC1 weather presenter predicting 50cm for parts of the pennines, where on Earth can they mean?

Was 26cm. at 3.20pm. this afternoon at work admittedly on the way out of MAcc towards them there hills, I guess a lot deeper now.

Posted

Odd Flake in Norbreck now, sky very heavy and dark, coming this way?????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold
We has a semi decent covering this morning(1-2cms) but most of it has melted now, it looks like we might get some in a short while according to the Met radar :yahoo:

Coming down heavy now ,looks like we could be in for a couple of hrs of heavy snow

Posted
Its snowing heavy here in accrington :yahoo: , anybody any ideas on how much we are likely to get, i hope it gets realy deep.

looking at the radar there does seem to be quite a large bank of snow from the east coast all the way over to liverpool and its moving westwards..for how deep i dont know, but if that cloud can drop as much as it can..we could see substantial falls. seems that warm sector wont affect us as we should still remain in the cold sector but anything could happen.

Posted

Here's hoping that the boys from the Met are wrong eh! Still snowing in Liverpool, settling readily. Moderate snow, with about 3-4 cms on grass (all grass rapidly disappearing) and about 3 cms on walkways. Roads had a thaw again before, but the temperature appears to have taken a slight drop, as the roads started to accumulate,(edges first, but showing definite signs of whitening.)

Edit* Snow once again intensifying.