Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Michael Fish ... Snow Events Less Likely

Neilsouth

Posted
funny that i just watched a video on bbc news website saying this is a natural cycle and that its possible it could well turn out the next few winters could be cold also before warming again :rolleyes:

but i do agree its not cold compard to 63 and 80s so that would say it has warmed alot over the year but whos to say this cold cycle is not something to do with solar activity there not very informative about it so that tells me there not 100% sure why this cycle has come around although it does seem to have a kind of trend around every 20years.

but also think gw is a natural cycle so where just have to wait and see.

be intrested to know which years where as cold if not colder before 63.

This is what gets my back up, lazy journalism. Cold = natural, Warm = AGW. The BBC should stick to reporting the here and now, and leave climate issues well alone!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm
funny that i just watched a video on bbc news website saying this is a natural cycle and that its possible it could well turn out the next few winters could be cold also before warming again :wallbash:

but i do agree its not cold compard to 63 and 80s so that would say it has warmed alot over the year but whos to say this cold cycle is not something to do with solar activity there not very informative about it so that tells me there not 100% sure why this cycle has come around although it does seem to have a kind of trend around every 20years.

but also think gw is a natural cycle so where just have to wait and see.

be intrested to know which years where as cold if not colder before 63.

This is a HALE winter and yet again it has produced bitter cold for much of the northern hemisphere. Linked directly to the sun leaving an odd cycle and entering an even one 23 to 24. The sun's poles flip back into alignment with earth, less UV output, jet kicks/meanders south, less ozone etc etc produces cold winter.

HALE winters 85/6, 62/3, 39/40, 16/17 and now 2008/09. Each time a cold winter comes with the HALE cycle...........bit odd that if the solar cycles have nowt to do with our climate.

Yeah funny how next few winters may be cold then a further warming. See it covers the AGW bandwagon for longer.#

BFTP

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Of course if the sun didn't have any input at all to our climate it wouldn't warm up in the morning when the sun comes up. The sun will effect our climate as to how everything fits in is the question. We may now have a test and be able to test it in real time if the sun keeps it's quiet phase going. All depends on what sc24 does.

so who caused global warming last time the planet went hot...apes driving their cars???....and who caused the last ice age??? its just another one of earths changes and like it or not... all we can do is slow the process down but its going to happen one way or the other. its natures way...and lets face it, nobody knows what she has planned next!

I nominate you to sit in as defense council in a forest fire arson case. You can argue "who caused forest fires 1 million years ago? Apes with gas cans?"

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

If you drop down to the "some good news" section of this

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/...90205083526.htm

you'll see that Mr F. has a lot of support. If 'Marine cold air outbreaks' are to become a fading memory then even our 'northerly plunges' are doomed to history.