Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: N&w Yorkshire, Northern & Ne England

Posted
Leeds has always done particularly well from easterlies, as far as I remember. It's exposed enough to catch most of the showers, but far inland enough to miss the warming effects of the sea.

I knew there had to be something good about Leeds :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, dry in summer.

Rob McE on BBC toned it down a bit and I know it's disappointing for many but in Hexham it is still snowing at 140m asl so the NorthPennines will be getting a lot of snow above 200m.

John

Posted
Raining here now.

Still alot of light snow falling just off A650 Bradford

Pic to follow

Posted
??? Paul Mooney is persisting with heavy snow for the NE tonight.....what's going on?

Recorded forecast maybe?

Temperature seems to have maxed out now, down to 2.4, hopefully it'll continue to drop.

Posted
Recorded forecast maybe?

Temperature seems to have maxed out now, down to 2.4, hopefully it'll continue to drop.

:)

When it gets down to conducive levels there will be no precip left.

Horrible out there with rain falling and slush appearing. But as a consolation; there never was much of a snow cover to 'loose' in the first place so I don't care anymore.

Recorded forecast maybe?

Maybe but Rob McElwee followed on with similar info a few mins later......let's hope the warmer air bogs off quickly before too much harm's done

Posted

Raining here Paul with the temperature at 1.5c-I cannot honestly seeing any change overnight and it will be interesting to see if any of our snow survives the night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Its still snowing here which is surprising. Usually this is the first place for snow to turn back to rain. Its not realy settling much allthough the snow from earlier isnt melting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold
:lol:

Horrible out there with rain falling and slush appearing. But as a consolation; there never was much of a snow cover to 'loose' in the first place so I don't care anymore.

What do you think our chances are for the end of the week? To me it seems the wind direction is a bit too Northerly for anything substantial.

Posted
:lol:

Yeah well its stuck at 2.4º so I think we can forget that particular idea anyway.

Posted

Getting close to marginal here :lol: , temp drops by 0.1c around every 1hour30mins, current temp -0.3c with a dew point of -0.6c, snowing moderatley, with about 10-15cm on the ground, latest look north forecast paul hudson said the percip was a lot lighter, but he emphasised the fact that the meto were going for heavy snow, and only the meto, trying to cover his back so he can blame it on the meto :lol: . On the Leeds Center cam they showed live he said it was a bit sleety but all i saw was moderate snow (a bit wet), with a moderate covering (5-7cm) but not clear as cam high up.

Posted

Well well well,did it snow today? Yes. Did we have more than 5cm? No. Was the build up exciting? Yes. Was the event exciting? No. Did I believe the hype? Yes. Was I stupid? Yes. Will I do it again?Yes.Is it snowing now? No. Has it been sleeting and raining for 6 hours now? Yes. Am I peed off? What do you think?

Karl

Posted
Still alot of light snow falling just off A650 Bradford

Pic to follow

Light snow, just lots of it.

post-5156-1233615364_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Temp here was sitting at 0.3C when it was snowing before, then it started to be rainy/sleety at about 0.5C, now up to 1C so I think that's it for the snow unless things cool down again.

Also I set a new record low temp in my room, which has been without a radiator for 3 years. Last night it got down to 8.4C and today down to 7.3C! :lol:

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
Well having looked at the radar, it seems that my location is in prime position to receive the precipitation that's moving

over Humberside

Yep that's true, unfortunately we are set to miss it! How much have you got now Brian? We have 15cm outside now with light-moderate snow.

lol...........a gritter has just passed by .......are they mocking me?......I'm hoping that the temps will drop as it still looks marginal here....sleet with huge snowflakes in it......it would take very little for a reversion to snow

Posted

A surface ridge is gradually pulling in over NW France which should cut-off the secondary circulation up the eastern periphery of this low which has brought much of the milder air in from up the North Sea. Towards the morning; colder uppers and more conducive dewpoints should move northwards into the NE; albeit this will most likely NOT happen fast enough to drag in better conditions for snow here.

I could be wrong. Please God; please press the fast-forward button!

Posted
Its still snowing here which is surprising. Usually this is the first place for snow to turn back to rain. Its not realy settling much allthough the snow from earlier isnt melting.

Just been out

Changed to sleet / quite heavy still though and when standing on the snow it has become quite slushy

Lots of dripping going on and snow sliding of things

I think that is it now but I have have seen my 1st snow in 7 years and enjoyed building a snowmonster with my 4 year old lad this evening, finished with about 4"

Happy days :lol:

Posted
Yep that's true, unfortunately we are set to miss it! How much have you got now Brian? We have 15cm outside now with light-moderate snow.

I'd say I'm back up to about 5 cms, and it's still snowing heavily