Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted

Just joined, long time lurker, first time poster! Been snowing heavily here near Tenby in Pembrokeshire solidly since 9pm, got about 2 inches now, fantastic! :-D

Posted
Just joined, long time lurker, first time poster! Been snowing heavily here near Tenby in Pembrokeshire solidly since 9pm, got about 2 inches now, fantastic! :-D

Welcome onboard L2009.

You may regret changing from a lurker one day ...... for now though enjoy!

dl

Posted

been snowing heavy since 6 here in tintinhull just of a303 got about 6 inches here now wife just said cant remember last time she had 6 inches lol :D

Posted
CRAZY SNOW HERE PAST 10 MINS AND STILL GOING OMG. :)

you said you were going to bed over an hour ago :)

NOW GO TO BED :p you can play with it in the morning

lol kaz

Posted

Blizzard conditions in Camborne at the moment, I was watching the forecasts on the Beeb this evening and lots of mention of the snow overnight in the Pennines and Wales but nothing on the South West.  Well if this continues I can kiss goodbye going to work tomorrow, shame :p

I haven't seen anything like this since the mid 80s.

Edited by kernowman

Posted

i hate weather view they give us in the SW and Wales rain by the end of tomorrow then mild wet and windy from wed onwards :p:):) ......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
you said you were going to bed over an hour ago :)

NOW GO TO BED :) you can play with it in the morning

lol kaz

:p You took the words straight out of my mouth, fellow mum by any chance?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Just started to snow again here in somerset, i had a walk down the local pub which was closed until i banged on door and they let me have one pint.

Looks like we may get another cm at least over next hour or so looking at radar but then i wait for morning and hope those showers make it over here from brizzle channel.

How does it look for tue through to friday is there a chance we could get fresh snow before a thaw sets in? looks too marginal for west country but who knows.

Posted

Still going steady here in Maesteg - has been for a good few hours. Am amazed how long-lasting it is...

And just when you think the ppn is dying down or moving away on the radar, it begins to liven up again and move over...

Posted

Oh yeah...Bloody marvelous.. About 4 inches here in west Dorset.. I was hoping the wretched stuff might go somewhere else..

Great that's me down £200 on work tomorrow if I can't get in...I need this crap like a hole in the head.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

just went into my field. Stuck a ruler into the snow

and a depth of 7inches.

My school Bishop Of Llandaff is officaly closed already from yesterday lunchtime.

Edited by Wales123098

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
Oh yeah...Bloody marvelous.. About 4 inches here in west Dorset.. I was hoping the wretched stuff might go somewhere else..

Great that's me down £200 on work tomorrow if I can't get in...I need this crap like a hole in the head.

Oh shush grumpy bum :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

snow now gone extremely heavy. Temputure falling. -2.3C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate suits me very fine.

Just had a very light flurry in north devon. Still stuck straight to the pavement though. Hope for more to come tonight.

Posted

Looks like for the rest of the night, the MAIN precip in Wales will be concentrated on RCT, Bridgend, Neath Port Talbot, Swansea, Carmarthenshire, Pembrokeshire, Powys & parts of Ceredigion, with bits flirting with the Vale and Cardiff.

This big swathe is moving very slowly Southwestwards with a few heavier green echoes.

Wouldn't imagine Newport or Monmouthshire would get much else than a few flurries or light showers. But the radar has surprised me a couple of times tonight, so who knows!

Posted

Still coming down here but easing slightly, up to 12cms now. Temp holding steady at 0.2C.

Pete

Posted

Been woken by the sound of silence! Very heavy snow falling in Pontyates, Carmarthenshire now and temp where it has been all evening at -1.4 degrees. We've 4/5" and the chances of my school being closed increase with every flake. Just another couple of hours of this and job done!