Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Had about 40mm of snow overnight. Not Brill but still good for us here.

woody

Posted

We have about half an inch here possibly more from some steady but mostly light snow last night. I think there might be more snow just to the north of us as the ppn was very slow moving and the radar showed snow just to the north of us before it started properly here and afterwards...if that makes sence lol

Under clear skies the temp has now plummeted to -6.3c here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

Looks like it carried on snowing until about 1am!

Have looked out of the window and it must be at least 5 inches deep. It was 4 at 11pm last night. Haven't looked at any forecasts yet this morning, though the BBC 5 day now has a heavy snow for Yeovil!

Looking forward to radar watching again today :)

Posted

Stopped snowing here about 9.30pm ish but we must have had a bit more in the night as the path we'd cleared for our ciggie run to the garage was covered again when I woke this morning. My daughters school is closed again today so I've left her sleeping and it means 'yipee' no work for me today either.

Can't make head nor tail of the forecasts for today as they all seem to be varyingly different, guess it'll be just wait and see.

In total I reckon we've had about 2 1/2 inches which is definately the heaviest snowfall for here in Poole since 85/86 ish. Amazing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'
Stopped snowing here about 9.30pm ish but we must have had a bit more in the night as the path we'd cleared for our ciggie run to the garage was covered again when I woke this morning. My daughters school is closed again today so I've left her sleeping and it means 'yipee' no work for me today either.

Can't make head nor tail of the forecasts for today as they all seem to be varyingly different, guess it'll be just wait and see.

In total I reckon we've had about 2 1/2 inches which is definately the heaviest snowfall for here in Poole since 85/86 ish. Amazing.

Yes ... it is truely magical Karen! The BBC are saying snowfall for Dorset, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight for practically the whole day today. However, the local radio isn't that optomistic saying sleet and rain will be mixed with snowshowers. Had a wonderful evening looking at each individual snowflake we could find under a magnifying glass....truely awesome :)

Posted
Yes ... it is truely magical Karen! The BBC are saying snowfall for Dorset, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight for practically the whole day today. However, the local radio isn't that optomistic saying sleet and rain will be mixed with snowshowers. Had a wonderful evening looking at each individual snowflake we could find under a magnifying glass....truely awesome :)

Today will be interesting. There is some showers showing in the chanel and even just looking south you can see cloud cover heading our way. The last snow fall last night was at 1.15am 15min heavy shower.

Posted

About 4 inches here mean.t to get somemore this morning!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'
Today will be interesting. There is some showers showing in the chanel and even just looking south you can see cloud cover heading our way. The last snow fall last night was at 1.15am 15min heavy shower.

From the radar it looks as though the clouds in the channel are holding rain and it is turning to snow as it approaches our shores. I do feel that Hampshire will do better out of this system today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

about 4 inches here, winds have turned towards the southwest, its very cold and there is a risk of further snowfall

Posted
Had a wonderful evening looking at each individual snowflake we could find under a magnifying glass....truely awesome :)

Funny that Chrissy, my daughter Amy was doing exactly the same last night.

Posted

It really is cold out there -8 currently at Yeovil and -5 at Bournmouth. All models have the snow continuing for parts of the SW until Sunday/Monday with the possibility of some very large falls.

Posted
It really is cold out there -8 currently at Yeovil and -5 at Bournmouth. All models have the snow continuing for parts of the SW until Sunday/Monday with the possibility of some very large falls.

Heavy snow again Bournemouth

Posted

Bournemouth might get alot today, how much is there now ?. I should be going to work but with 5 inches of frozen snow unless it's completely clear down there there is no way I'll make it.

Posted

day off for me,a,int gonna risk my new motor loads of snow overnight, quite icy too,hardly any traffic about,i love it

police advising only to use major roads but do not attempt unless absolutely nessasary

Posted
Heavy snow again Bournemouth

Take it's coming from that big cloud. I can see it from here but it's moving in the wrong direction for me. I had one come over but no precip from it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
Heavy driving snow here now - it has finally swept back in from the north-west off the wrap around. It's absolutely piling it down again to add to yesterday's fall. Methinks I shall not go to school today! :D

Further snowfall starting to push in from the South Here

Posted
Heavy driving snow here now - it has finally swept back in from the north-west off the wrap around. It's absolutely piling it down again to add to yesterday's fall. Methinks I shall not go to school today! :D

hi WIB where you located exactly

Posted
Bournemouth might get alot today, how much is there now ?. I should be going to work but with 5 inches of frozen snow unless it's completely clear down there there is no way I'll make it.

I gather from my husband that the major roads into Bournemouth are clear. However, there are certain slip roads and minor roads which have not been treated and are potential death traps, especially when people are aproaching them at 50 miles per hour! However, my husband's school in Christchurch is thinking of closing as the other schools around them have also closed due to the icy conditions.

Don't worry Karen, I think we will have our turn at a snow shower in the next hour! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

Had about anoter 1cm in the last hour! :D

Clear skies again now. Chuffing cold, -2.6c up from -5c at 6am.