Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted
Between Hatherleigh and Holsworthy. It is absolutely piling down here - incredible and the best thing of all? SCHOOL IS SHUT YAY

Richard this has been quite a good event for you so far, you must be pleased, hopefully this is the first course, looking good now for February to deliver the coldest weather of the whole winter in the weeks ahead. :D

Posted

a good covering here 4"-ish,,the sky is looking realy grey un purple towards the west,,,,no work ! so lets have some more pls !

Posted
Between Hatherleigh and Holsworthy. It is absolutely piling down here - incredible and the best thing of all? SCHOOL IS SHUT YAY

yup schools shut here to park school which my sone goes to has just shut infact most schools are. coming down again \o/.

how long will this batch last does anyone know?

Posted

Good news: a solid 6" in Pontyates Carmarthenshire, still snowing hard and now blowing round in the strengthening wind!

Bad news: my school still not officially shut- hummph... I'm going in late at best!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Hi folks, finally managed to get online. Got a covering of snow here - about an inch. Looks like another dumping on the way!

Posted

can't believe how much snow we had last night, i think it snowed for at least 7 hours non stop!!! and kids happy NO SCHOOL!! just had another heavy shower :D

Posted

Heavy snow in boscastle from about 6.30,stopped now but the temp is now rocketing up already at 1.6 DP 0.4 ,last shower was of hail which made dents in my perfect snow cover.Hope we don't get anymore showers now.

Posted
Hi folks, finally managed to get online. Got a covering of snow here - about an inch. Looks like another dumping on the way!

hope your having fun glad your ok .. should look rather nice out your way :D

lol kaz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
hope your having fun glad your ok .. should look rather nice out your way :D

lol kaz

Yeah, just looked at the radar - a dumping on the way!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'
Heavy snow in boscastle from about 6.30,stopped now but the temp is now rocketing up already at 1.6 DP 0.4 ,last shower was of hail which made dents in my perfect snow cover.Hope we don't get anymore showers now.

Just looked ont the Boscastle Webcam and it looks amazing. More to come your way Don! Give my love to Boscastle lol !

Posted

Mornin.....it looks wicked out there. Sons schools closed so its snowman time!!! Any heads upon if we gonna get anymore today..radar shows some echos swinging round from devon/cornwal..hope they reach us. Was snowing last nite at midnite (bedtime) so not sure when it stopped..out to take some pics.

Edited by NickSomerset

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Very heavy snow here

Posted
Had about anoter 1cm in the last hour! :D

Clear skies again now. Chuffing cold, -2.6c up from -5c at 6am.

Have you got one of your updated radar images of anything coming our way? :D :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate suits me very fine.

Getting alot of snow right now in north devon. Dont know when it started just woke up lol. Looks amazing though. Bloody bitter though.

Posted

Looks like some very potent showers in the SW.

Not sure if this has been posted before, but this is where we've been on our summer holiday the last eight years. It is very strange seeing it covered in snow like this. Saunton Sands webcam : http://www.tikisurf.co.uk/saunton-surf-cam.asp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Well I am very happy. Best snow for decades around here.

Around 2", which is not bad. Took a little longer to get to work.

Current temp -1.7c

Any more snow on the way?

Posted

<_< oh im having snow much fun.... still got pj's on running around in the snow god im such a child ... blizzards here now wow it looks wonderful ..

kaz xx

Posted
Mornin.....it looks wicked out there. Sons schools closed so its snowman time!!! Any heads upon if we gonna get anymore today..radar shows some echos swinging round from devon/cornwal..hope they reach us. Was snowing last nite at midnite (bedtime) so not sure when it stopped..out to take some pics.

might see ya around,gonna go up herne hill later take some piccys looks really good from my gaff

Posted
might see ya around,gonna go up herne hill later take some piccys looks really good from my gaff

Get out there before it falls off the trees...looks stunning in the sun shine....just hope the sun does not last <_<

Any body got any views of where all this lot is heading or what direction???? cos it looks awsome...post-9454-1233650008_thumb.jpg

Edited by NickSomerset

Posted
showers on the radar seem to be moving E/NE Bristol area may get some.

Not convinced it will make BTL; i reckon it's just going to swirl around N.Devon and s.somerset for the morning, picking up moisture of the atlantic and b.channel