Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch Thread For Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
How's it looking in Redditch Loopy? Some areas are quite high above sea level Headless Cross for example. It's hoofing it down here - cursory glance reckons I've got about an inch from this - :o Bigger flakes falling now about 20p size. Just going out to have a closer look; I maybe some time...

hi i only 2 mins from headless cross and stil heavy and coverin wel,

got to go through your way in morn to worcs! interestin drive one thinks!!

Posted
hi i only 2 mins from headless cross and stil heavy and coverin wel,

got to go through your way in morn to worcs! interestin drive one thinks!!

Hi Adrian

This is the best it's been here for the last two days - everything is covered in about an inch of snow at least :o :o

Hmm your drive might take longer than you thought an hour ago, that's for sure! I've got to get the train to central Brum tomorrow for work and that's going to be interesting too. Judging by the radar Brum is getting a pasting on top of what was there on Monday.

I should really be in bed asleep but this is too good! :D

Still coming down by the way...

Posted

I'm in Headless Cross, Redditch and it is coming down fast. Not huge flakes, but the amounts are enough to have covered the road and rooftops. Virtually everything (the little we had on Monday) had melted by this afternoon. I would guess that this dumping has given about half an inch so far. This was not forecast on the local news and a pleasant surprise. Although, it looks like I might be walking to work again tomorrow.

I hope this little surprise is not a trade off for what has been predicted for Thursday!

CB

Posted
Hi Adrian

This is the best it's been here for the last two days - everything is covered in about an inch of snow at least :o :o

Hmm your drive might take longer than you thought an hour ago, that's for sure! I've got to get the train to central Brum tomorrow for work and that's going to be interesting too. Judging by the radar Brum is getting a pasting on top of what was there on Monday.

I should really be in bed asleep but this is too good! :D

Still coming down by the way...

not sure it wil last long now it slowed off for a bit but now comin down again!

not far off an inch now, trust us people this is no flurry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Comimg down nicely here too, helping to cover some of the melted patches.

Posted

And with that it has stopped! Well that was great, a really nice surprise and interesting to see the accumulation in ony 1 hour of it snowing. If this sticks around until 6am+ then it will be fun getting to work!

The radar still shows similar showers to this coming up from the S, SW but difficult to say whether they will hit our patch though - they seem to be tracking NE but judging by the last hour who knows eh?!

Hitting the sack now - hopefully like CB says this isn't in exchange for Thursdays snow - keep your eyes on the Model thread and take heed of the knowledgable chaps on there GP, TEITS, Nick Sussex to name but a few, oh yeah and Andy in Leics he comes to the fore when we have a chance in the Midlands!

Posted

went light now moderate again but wont last long, lol

inch here, very shocked indeed! lucky brummies :o

Posted
Comimg down nicely here too, helping to cover some of the melted patches.

Just had another look, Yup starting to come down a bit heavier now and starting to cover.

jk.

Posted
snowing really nicely here... wow unexpected....

Very :doh:

We have our own micro climate here in wolves many a time I've had a phone call from family in bushbury to tell me it's snowing but nothing here in merryhill :rolleyes:

jk.

Posted
Very :doh:

We have our own micro climate here in wolves many a time I've had a phone call from family in bushbury to tell me it's snowing but nothing here in merryhill :rolleyes:

jk.

what are the chances for thursday mate ? what you reckon?

Posted

Models still bullseye West Midlands/Wales for a pretty huge snow event between Thursday-Saturday, though still a little too soon to firm up on details but I'm still convinced that somewhere will get nearly a foot once all is said and done, though things get a tiny bit marginal on Thursday afternoon but western Midlands does get on the right side just.

Posted
Models still bullseye West Midlands/Wales for a pretty huge snow event between Thursday-Saturday, though still a little too soon to firm up on details but I'm still convinced that somewhere will get nearly a foot once all is said and done, though things get a tiny bit marginal on Thursday afternoon but western Midlands does get on the right side just.

What about for me in Alsager which is between Stoke on Trent and Crewe??

Posted

wooho morning I thought i would have an early night and woke up to a fresh covering of snow how lovely, Kold you are my fav person at the moment :D:) so things are happening for us from thursday yippieeee :)

I really should know by now not to get to excited lol

cher

x

Edited by toonarmy32

Posted

2.7mm of rain here overnight - although it did brefly start off as wet snow ......

Latest MetO output suggests snow may extend right up into Cheshire and Derbyshire tomorrow - so all the Midlands ought to be in for something. Perhaps turning to rain in the south of the Midlands in the afternoon though ......