Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

J10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
Meet you tonight at midnight, armed with a pickaxe! :rolleyes::help:

You're on! Any more takers? Me, you and Dartmoor Matt...might take a few more

Posted
You're on! Any more takers? Me, you and Dartmoor Matt...might take a few more

We'd better wrap up warm, mind.......it might be snowing! :rolleyes:

Posted
We'd better wrap up warm, mind.......it might be snowing! :rolleyes:

]

thats ok depends if ya on the south side are the north side of the lanes?  :help:

Posted

From NETWEATHER

Overnight tonight, the snow and colder air continues to journey south through Scotland, Northern Ireland and Northern England, while at the same time a low pressure system approaches from the southwest bringing outbreaks of rain, sleet and snow into the south of the country. This type of setup is one of the traditional 'loaded gun' scenarios for snow across the UK - cold from the north being met by a system from the south, and where the two meet can be a recipe for some very significant falls of snow.

So, through Thursday and into Friday, things really could turn quite nasty. There is some uncertainty as to exactly where the system will track and how far north the boundary between rain and snow will be, but at the current time it seems the parts of the Midlands, Wales and later on Northern England are likely to see the heaviest snowfall with 25cm plus possible in some spots.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
]

thats ok depends if ya on the south side are the north side of the lanes?  :rolleyes:

Trust me, if we're the wrong side, we'll be hot footing it over t'other side and setting up camp.

Posted

Looks like i'm in for a whale of time. Already have a fair ground cover....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Its currently 4c here.. I reallly hope this gets down before the main event!

Posted

Oh, dear. I'm having such a good time, but now I have to go to work. :( I really cannot put it off any longer. :(

I must keep thinking about what lies in store for us later, that should get me through. :)

Bye, bye for now peeps, see you all later!

:(:(:(:rolleyes::help::help:

Posted

Well it's not even managed to get to 1C here and I'm not too far away from you in chelt (20 miles?)

Posted
IM SURE IT WILL...they do seem confident about us :D

Still Slush and snow on the ground in Cheltenham Town Centre! Waiting for more? :cold::clap: :ph34r:

Posted

hi every one ... well even though we have had rain still got snow on the hills which sadly will all be gone in the next few hours as this next batch of RAIN moves in. noway is this going to fall as snow here with dew points of 3 and temps up to 4c ..

Now im not being negative just cant see how it wil snow for us in the far south west at all now.. NOT even tomorrow we are just to far south. I think the line will be from Wales, anything below that willl get rain. TBH if it did snow it wouldnt stick :ph34r: ..

Im just happy with what we had.. now its time to move on and look towards the summer storms as i cant see us getting anymore this winter.. But for all those that do have fun :clap:

kaz xx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.
Well it's not even managed to get to 1C here and I'm not too far away from you in chelt (20 miles?)

Your a bit higher up mind.

The hills round here & cotsworlds are still bright white.

everythings pretty much thawed here now.

Id be happy to see 0c tonight!

Posted

Just a final quickie before I go. New MetO advisory out for the SW for Friday......moderate risk of heavy snow. Again. :ph34r: That's midnight tonight, through Thursday and into Friday, as well.

Can't have too much of a good thing, I always say! :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme
hi every one ... well even though we have had rain still got snow on the hills which sadly will all be gone in the next few hours as this next batch of RAIN moves in. noway is this going to fall as snow here with dew points of 3 and temps up to 4c ..

Now im not being negative just cant see how it wil snow for us in the far south west at all now.. NOT even tomorrow we are just to far south. I think the line will be from Wales, anything below that willl get rain. TBH if it did snow it wouldnt stick :ph34r: ..

Im just happy with what we had.. now its time to move on and look towards the summer storms as i cant see us getting anymore this winter.. But for all those that do have fun :clap:

kaz xx

Now there's someme one talking some sense a lady after my own heart could'nt agree more :cold:

Posted

Go to the new BBC weather page. Use the radar tool, and watch how the front pushes in bring rain then snow.

The snow has gone by 3.00am.

South Somerset may get some, but very marginal. Futher north more of a snow chance.

Posted

It has been lovely in here over the last few days .. was a good idear to break us down into regions. Forgot the rest of the county existed :ph34r: ..

Looks like its going to be the North;s turn now. Maybe we could set something like this up for storm watching/chasing :clap: ..

kaz x

Edited by kaz