Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Scotland

Posted
:o You should go look up some relaxation techniques; they're great for going to sleep! :D

Im going soon don't worry.

metcheck and netweather are going for snow for me tomorrow so fingers crossed :)

night all and enjoy any snow tomorrow :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
Im going soon don't worry.

metcheck and netweather are going for snow for me tomorrow so fingers crossed :o

night all and enjoy any snow tomorrow :o

TENNENTS SUPER

Posted

-7C currently.

Guess today's max temp will be ideal for snowfall :)

PS, perhaps there should be a national discussion all the time related to Scoland. Good idea, Hiya - it would bring many closer together. Hey, we could even incorporate our own Model Discussion threads considering not a mention of Scotland in the "main one", except the "up North" term. I mean by definition Scotland has the most variation in weather anywhere else in the UK so always something to talk about.

Edited by Delta X-Ray

Posted

Wow - just drove from Stirling to Glasgow...jeez that's cold. Car temp gauge thingy didn't get above -5c the entire journey, at one point on the M80, actually dropped to -8c !

My deicer froze on the windscreen as well.

Certainly the coldest morning for a long long time.

Just need to hope the snow from the north moves down the country during the day - the BBC are reporting it hitting the Central Belt around teatime which should play nicely into the temps/dp's hand :)

[Edit]

-7c and -7c dewpoint currently in Glasgow..

Stirling same temp and -8c dp... :)

Just to pick up on a point in the closed thread - I was getting a little irked reading the model thread yesterday, esp as it seemed to be very Anglo-centric (is that a word) - no offence, but the severe weather doesn't stop at Carlisle :)

It's a breath of fresh air having a dedicated Scottish "thread" where we can actually ask "Will it snaw in Glenbogle likesay"....

:D

Edited by dexter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Torrential rain/sleet, fresh ENE wind, 1.8C...What a waste of precipitation! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Still heavy rain/sleet. Temp down to 0.6C, wind backed north...An undercut I think. So snow may be on its way!

Posted

Not sure about this - but I just caught Sky Weather in the canteen at work, and I'm sure I saw them show that the system coming up from the south "meeting" the northerly incursion somewhere in the borders area...would this not give a significant amount of snow as the two meet ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: COLD AND SNOWY

ayr has missed all the snow so far this winter however this am is cold -5 on my weather station and the signs for later look good with band coming south around dusk. the rainfall radar shows good levels of precipitation up north -fingers crossed after yesterdays damp squib!!!! :)

Posted
Blimey...a blanket of snow in Aberdeen! Where did that come from?!

Was +4 at 2100hrs IIRC yesterday, & it rained all day. What changed overnight?

I know - wasn't expecting any until later. Temp had begun to fall last night - was around 2 and sleeting when I went to bed. Apparently the rain was turning to snow around 3am.

Looking at the radar and it looks like sleet & rain just a little further north. Meto forecast has changed to snow all day here instead of rain turning to now later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening

Still -4c here even with the sun out. :D . Doesn't look to me as if there is a lot of ppn coming from the north in terms of intensity. Although could the front moving up from south meet with it over our area? If so then it could be interesting. All we need is those temps and dewpoints to stay down :D

Edited by WhiteXmas

Posted

Latest radar shows the southern extent of Scotland's ppn in a line from Arborath in the east to Inverary in the west - and it's not moved for hours. It's quite a constant block - if a wee bit light.

Inverness getting snow yet?

Posted

Looks to me as if the area of ppn has grown considerably going by the radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

The sun is still trying to shine through here but the clouds to appear to be thickening.

Not too far North West in Aberfeldy, Perthshire, my mum says it has been snowing steadily this morning but it is fairly light.

It is lying on all surfaces though as the temps are still well below zero.

Posted
Cracking webcam of the Kings Course in Gleneagles...

Look at the front moving south (cam points North)

http://www.camvista.com/sports/golf/gleneag.php3

Nice link there, hopefully we can get a covering too. I just hope it doesn't turn to rain :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

There are undoubtedly good technical reasons why similar setups to today haven't delivered in the past in the central belt/major cities. But on the wider Scottish picture its infuriating that even with cold setups like this...that at this latitude, surrounded by moisture on all sides, and with mostly moderate sized mountains (hardly alpine), we can barely ever muster a generalised snowfall here. Its beyond belief sometimes :( However as usual I'll put 30 odd years of weather watching on the backburner and revert to an element of hopecasting for all areas south of Perth/Stirling as the day progresses.

We need a Scottish Whiners corner, I'd be in there 24 x 7 :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.
scotland road web cams.....

http://www.trafficscotland.org/lev/index.aspx

well would you look at that.... 4 years of lurking, and i have to go and ruin it with a post :(

We're all coming out the woodwork now mate, must be a backlash to the English/Welsh snow :(

Anyway, metoffice warnings coming out now. Crying wolf ? Time will tell.

SW Scotland, Lothians, Borders

Snow will continue to edge south across all areas during Wednesday afternoon and will persist this evening and overnight. Accumulations of 2 to 5cm are expected and up to 10cm on higher ground.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to 'Traffic Scotland' for further advice on road conditions.

Issued at: 1015 Wed 4 Feb