Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Scotland

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Looks like we are set to be in for some interesting scenes tonight. We only have odd blobs of snow left lying from Sun/Mon event so hoping to add a lovely new covering.

Not had the sledge out yet, still waiting patiently for enough to use it.

Can anyone advise how quickly this front from the south is expected to move?? i.e is it likely to meet our front moving south or just fizzle out?

Posted

Yeah the front from the south won't come any further north than the midlands. Our chances for snow come from the ppn starting to move down over central Highland Scotland to our north, on a freshening northerly wind. As Sawel says it's reached Dundee - I'd expect Edinburgh to see something around 6pm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Thanks Shuggee

Will be watching with interest tonight, glad i'm not going out!!

Does anyone know what prospects are into weekend/next week? (i know i'm getting greedy but just can't wait to find out!! bit like a child again today!!) :ph34r:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

The light snow has started in the city centre of Dundee in the last few minutes. About twenty minutes after Sawel's report so shows the slow movement South. Still looks fairly bright across towards Fife but dark skies to the North.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

If I have any reservations it's that the intensity of any precipitation (looking at the radar over the last few hours) seems to have declined over time as its staggered southwards. No surprise given its passage over the higher ground but wondering what'll be left as it gets to central Scotland.

Oh well beggars can't be choosers...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: COLD AND SNOWY

still cold in ayr 1.1*c at mom and blue skies latest rainfall radar puts precip line into glasgow so moving south painfully slowly

- anyone in glasgow to verify the radar !cheers :mellow:

Posted

The front stalled? Been dark, hazy, snow-like to the north of the Ochils for what seems like hours. Have a perfect view. Blue sky above me, snow filled to the north of me :mellow:

Posted
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m
Its snowing here now in the North West of Glasgow.

where abouts are u frozen north?are u close to drumchapel

Edited by glasgow-guy

Posted

Hooray its finally snowing here in Lochcarron. Quick get the gritters out, close the schools etc :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted
Hooray its finally snowing here in Lochcarron. Quick get the gritters out, close the schools etc :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Lochcarron Underground system will be next to go!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening

Just started snowing here; very light and fine granules but gradually becoming larger. :lol: Good signs indeed. I doubt this is the main front though. Even though is suggests it is on the radar we won't see anything significant until later on.

Posted
Just started snowing here; very light and fine granules but gradually becoming larger. :lol: Good signs indeed. I doubt this is the main front though. Even though is suggests it is on the radar we won't see anything significant until later on.

damm its snowing in paisley and not here whats going on i want snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening
damm its snowing in paisley and not here whats going on i want snow

:lol: it's because it is coming from the north. It will be with you soon enough g-g mark my words :lol: . Only need to wait 15-20 mins :lol:

Posted
:lol: it's because it is coming from the north. It will be with you soon enough g-g mark my words :lol: . Only need to wait 15-20 mins :lol:

but i am further north than yourself really strange ill be watching????