Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Scotland

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening

Temperature is steadily falling. Has fallen 0.9C in 20 mins :) Snow getting heavier but still fine grains.

Edited by WhiteXmas

Posted

Still nice and sunny here in Edinburgh! Good to see that according to the MetOffice satellite images the cloud with this system does not seem to extend much further than the actual precipitation. Should hopefully allow temperatures to fall before it arrives here. :)

Posted

Right on the edge of the front here, sun to the south and darkish cloud to the north :) It is here a lot earlier than i expected, lets hope it stalls once it reaches here :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Still quite light snow here but starting to settle on the grass, off the roads, even near sea level at my workplace.

Posted
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m

i have a funny feeling i am not going to be so lucky today with the snow dulling down now gritters all over the place but i have this feeling it aint going to come my way

very fine rain really dull now i want snow?

Posted

Sunday evening/night looks very interesting for our very own snow event! Having just checked current models it shows a band of rain pushing in from the west and hitting Scotland around mid afternoon and the east coast by around 6pm. Temperatures look to be around freezing or below across most of the country, precipitation looks fairly heavy and Precipitation Type shows Snow for Central and Eastern Scotland throughout the duration of the band passing through.

Would be good to see a proper snow event hit Scotland as well one hit England and Wales!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: COLD AND SNOWY

thats it finally clouding over in ayr so hope fully around 5-6 pm would be good temp still sready 1.1*c :) anyway away to pick rugrat from school bye for know

Posted
thats it finally clouding over in ayr so hope fully around 5-6 pm would be good temp still sready 1.1*c :rolleyes: anyway away to pick rugrat from school bye for know

Was just about to post the same thing :D It's been such a long wait for anything good in Ayr (December 2000 was special though)

Posted
light snow in east kilbride

its snowing now yaaah?

Edited by glasgow-guy

Posted
Was just about to post the same thing :rolleyes: It's been such a long wait for anything good in Ayr (December 2000 was special though)

Ayr hasn't had any settling snow for a while has it? (Apart from maybe a dusting the other day!) It has been pretty terrible even here for the last few years, the last decent snow being March 2006 :D

Posted
yes snow continuing to fall

yes snowing here 2

Posted
Ayr hasn't had any settling snow for a while has it? (Apart from maybe a dusting the other day!) It has been pretty terrible even here for the last few years, the last decent snow being March 2006 :(

Yes March 2006 was ok here, you could certainly have made a snowman out of it :D You could have probably made a dwarf snowman out of Monday morning's snow :rolleyes:

It had all melted by midday though. What was it like in Killie?

Posted
Yes March 2006 was ok here, you could certainly have made a snowman out of it :( You could have probably made a dwarf snowman out of Monday morning's snow :D

It had all melted by midday though. What was it like in Killie?

Pretty much the same although we still had showers on and off all day with temporary dustings. We seemed to begetting the edge of all the showers which brought all the snow to the M77 area! Oh well, at least they weren't rain like usual :rolleyes:

I can't see us getting more than a dusting here tonight...