Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Scotland

Posted

DP has risen to 1, same as temp so the light snow we had is now light rain.

Winds are now from the NW (but a very light 7mph as yet) - the colder air should start pushing down over the rest of the day. I expect more snow later on as the cold air kicks in and night falls.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening
DP has risen to 1, same as temp so the light snow we had is now light rain.

Winds are now from the NW (but a very light 7mph as yet) - the colder air should start pushing down over the rest of the day. I expect more snow later on as the cold air kicks in and night falls.

Definetly; would be surprised if it didn't change back to snow.

Posted

Just drove home from the weej to Stirling - snowing all the way, but nothing major...fine snow in Stirling ground too wet just now.

Hope this isn't "it" for us !

Just checking the radar, what happened to the front moving up from the south, looks like it's swung away westwards...so much for the extreme warnings and mucho teeth gnashing. :rolleyes:

Edited by dexter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Again radar showing some degree of break up and lessening in intensity over time. Even as time goes on I'd be surprised to see Embra have any more than flurries over the next 12-18 hours or so. At best I expect to wake up to a couple of millimetres rather than the metoffice projected warning of 2cms. Little or nothing from these setups is the historical norm after all in these parts... :rolleyes:

Posted

Latest radar shot (today's only freebie :rolleyes: ) - shows the front moving down now. The ppn over the highlands is fragmenting, yes, but at the same time what there is is heavier at the back edge :D

post-1217-1233759645_thumb.png

Posted

Getting heavier all the time. Note it was down to -8C in some places around the central belt last night so I think rain is not a possibilty. Still got thick frost all over here from this morning, which the snow likes the look of as it's settling well now :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.
Latest radar shot (today's only freebie :D ) - shows the front moving down now. The ppn over the highlands is fragmenting, yes, but at the same time what there is is heavier at the back edge :)

post-1217-1233759645_thumb.png

True. But I expect that the heavier stuff will also be be grapped by all points north of the central belt. God I want to be proved wrong.

Jeez...I've only been posting here for 12 hours and I'm whining already :D

Posted
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m

a hour or so and this snow will be bedded in around my way

Posted
Has the front not moved down extremely quickly? I was expecting it this evening!

yes same here was expecting it later on tonight but nothing has been predicted well this winter

Posted

Not really - it was always a late afternoon into the evening event for the Central Lowlands, with any more intense stuff around midnight.

Posted
Heavy snow being driven on a freshening Northerly wind and beginning to lie. Temp 1.8C, Dewpoint 0C :yahoo:

Please send some my way Coastie. It has stopped snowing here now :D:rolleyes::):D:D:)

Posted
yes same here was expecting it later on tonight but nothing has been predicted well this winter

Would certainly agree with that for the most part. When its been forecast as snow, its been rain, and when its meant to be sunny there's been snow ie. Monday there!

Posted

Light snow here. Very fine flakes so at its present rate it will take 230891048290 years to leave a dusting :D

Posted
Not really - it was always a late afternoon into the evening event for the Central Lowlands, with any more intense stuff around midnight.

Ah, I see, I was just looking at the radar and thinking surely it's not going to take 12 hours or so for that front to move through? The precip chart you posted up earlier had what I assumed was the middle of the front around Central Scotland at 3AM.

Posted
Would certainly agree with that for the most part. When its been forecast as snow, its been rain, and when its meant to be sunny there's been snow ie. Monday there!

yes given all forecasts given by the BBC met-office etc. its still taken me at a surprise and i am expecting to be surprised even further as feb cont.

Posted

It's actually now snowing at a decent rate, its just a shame the flakes are tiny! This will probably just end up wetting the ground so we dont get a dusting later :(

Posted

*************BREAKING NEWS*******************

Reports are coming in of an extreme weather event gripping most of Scotland.

Eyewitnesses say between 1 - 2cm of snow has fallen on surfaces.

Our reporter contacted the UK Met Office to ask how much snow was expected to fall. A spokesman for the Meto said "What are you talking about. We don't know anything about any snow?"

Stay tuned for more on this developing story .

(feel free to add to it) :(

Posted

Our reporter contacted the UK Met Office to ask how much snow was expected to fall. A spokesman for the Meto said "What are you talking about. We don't know anything about any snow?"

Pmsl..wheres Scotland ?

Posted

The Glasgow underground has now been closed due to heavy snow :(:)