Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: East Mids, Lincs And S & E Yorkshire

Posted

northly movement sounds good TEITS, do you think this will stay on track for North Derbyshire, or slide more to the east.

also noticed that theres quite a few members posting on the Midlands thread, this is confusing jumping between both

Posted
Certainly is for the time being at least TEITS, looking increasingly positive for the likes of you and me.

And me! That was the hope that things could move 100 miles east and improve our prospects. Looking good, huzzah! Its a gamble staying up this late, because i'm doomed otherwise... i'm knackered from early mornings to divert my commute onto main roads, and will be knackered again if this doesn't come off because I have no excuse if there is no snow. Irrespective I can't skive because I can work just as effectively from home - which is what I want to do today with a valid excuse for not getting in the car. I'm leaving the company a week on Friday, so I don't know why I should care. But hey-ho.

Should be knocking on my doorstep in the next hour judging by the radar. Still got a widespread inch from Monday here and odds and sods on the roads and paths, and upto 2-3 inches in the shade. Nah, work can go do one if they expect me in. Must stay up to see a good inch or so, then I can go to bed fairly comfortable in the prospect of a lie in until 7am.

Few rogue snowflakes blowing in...

Slow down band.

Edited by mackerel sky

Posted
I thought Leicestershire and Northamptonshire were in the East Midlands, and this thread is more specific geographically, rather than the vaguity of the Midlands/central southern England thread. So I need to head to the other thread to join the party, your saying there Andy? Eeeh, you fickle bugger.

I wouldn't worry about it mackerel, I've been posting in this thread, the East Anglia/SE thread and the Midlands thread all week. Bit naughty but Northants could be classed as either of those three IMO. :wallbash:

Anyway, more people over there = more entertaining. Can't believe people on this thread were giving up about an hour ago due to a dodgy radar return! Come on guys, keep it together will ya? :)

Thanks for the heads up about the Met O warning - we're officially orange again! Although the start time of that warning (3am) seems a bit late given the rapid track of this ppn at present, gonna reach here very shortly with some moderate/heavy stuff not far behind.

Posted
I wouldn't worry about it mackerel, I've been posting in this thread, the East Anglia/SE thread and the Midlands thread all week. Bit naughty but Northants could be classed as either of those three IMO. :(

Same here as I have Lincs/Northants just a few miles away. Infact im sure Peterborough used to be classed as Northants rather than cambs. However weather wise I feel Peterborough is more suited to E Midlands which is why I mainly posted on this thread on sunday.

Posted

Posting this here aswell because its applicable.

I might be wrong but I think we are witnessing a major c*ck up by the Met O.

The main risk zone to me is most definately E Anglia/E Midlands rather than the SW Midlands. Also once this band of snow moves into Norfolk/Cambs/Lincs there is the chance this could stall. Now considering the intensity of the precip this could cause major problems.

Just going by the reports its obvious those outside the M25 are seeing snow and obviously that 1-2C difference from the urban heat island effect is making the difference.

Now those in Suffolk/Essex/Herts etc may see this snow turn to rain as the less cold temps move N. However what is concerning me is if the front stalls around Lincs/E Midlands.

I could be completely wrong and misreading the situation!

Posted

Very heavy snow here in Northampton now - 3 cm so far - 2 cm in the last 1/2 hour. Temp -2, dew -3, couple of hours of this and there will be chaos in the morning.

Stewart

Posted
Only started snowing 10mins ago and already got an inch, I feel a day off school coming on whooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!.

It should reach me within the next few mins :lol:

Edited by TOMB RAIDER LEGEND

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Winter wonderland here at NN3 almost 5 inches (12 cm) and still falling

Temp -0.8c

Dewpoint -0.8c

Posted
Looking good for East Yorkshire. ETA 30 minutes.

gobby :cold:

for taking the brolly out gobby? i fear a wintry mix from this

EXPECT nothing and it will be a BONUS

I hope im wrong though, i feel the hull/humber shield will Fcuk it up.

Edited by turna

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

We have a healthy amount of snow falling up here at Lodgemoor Sheffield, only just got up so not sure how long it's been going. Theres a covering of just under a cm laying over the few inches left from the last lot.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

I am complete novice when it comes to the charts, so can anyone give me a rough idea of how bad this event could be for me where I am? Normally I would not worry, but I am due to give birth any time and am getting worried that I may get snowed in the house!! Is there the potential for this to deliver another foot for us? before I deliver two feet a body and a head? Mind you, I did say I fancied a homebirth

Posted
I am complete novice when it comes to the charts, so can anyone give me a rough idea of how bad this event could be for me where I am? Normally I would not worry, but I am due to give birth any time and am getting worried that I may get snowed in the house!! Is there the potential for this to deliver another foot for us? before I deliver two feet a body and a head? Mind you, I did say I fancied a homebirth

i think it has potential to deliver significant snow on higher ground.