Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
Really looking forward to all the snow now. Francis and Peter are well respected forecasters and IMHO have this nailed. Big backtracks on the GFS on the 00z and 06z with the low 200 miles southeast. :D

This is going to be a memorable snowfeast that many will look upon as the best for years!!! :rolleyes::doh:

Terrific times ahead guys............. :D

Seasons

while id love for you to be right, you see remarkably confident.

I'm not so sure - the position of that 528 line is not giving me very much confidence until after midday on Friday when we get the backend of that occluded front on the fax - However I would suggest a lot can happen in the meantime.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow
it has to be said that its pathetic how the uk (especially in the south) cant cope with a bit of snow. i've been to finland a few times in winter where in heavy snow and temps of -20 no one bats an eyelid

That said of course...we don't spend around £100 at the beginning of every winter changing our tyres! That would make them ok for the once in 20 years event but wouldn't do the roads too much good for the rest of the time! :)

Edited by Timmytour

Posted

Morning Folks

Looks like the downgrades are getting the upper hand for the south eastern corner over the next three days. BBC has rain all the way for anything south and east of London, with those to the north & west of London getting rain and snow. GFS also downgrading for the SE corner, though the Midlands and West still looks like they could get a decent amount of snow, still abit of time to go yet, lets see what today brings.

To be honest that suits me as I have to drive to Bordeaux on Friday morning and on current viewing I'll get a clear run.

Cheers

FC

Edited by frozencanals

Posted

Overnight low of -5.0c, clear skies and 2/3 inches of snow quite widely still.

I really can't see how the BBC can forecast snow for my area tomorrow; I'm expecting sleet and rain.

Edited by Tommyd1258

Posted

I'm sure there will be feelings of disappointment amongst some of our contingent in the SE this morning as trends are pointing towards us not getting a huge dumping in the next three days. However I have to say that indications are still there that my part of the world could wake up to something on Saturday morning, even if its only a light dusting of 1 or 2 cms.

Keep the faith, even the models are only a computerised guess and last year we had snow in April, so plenty of time still remaining! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Just wanted to show you the snow lanterns I made last night - they stayed alight for a few hours:

snow3-2-09030.jpg

snow3-2-09031.jpg

snow3-2-09033.jpg

snow3-2-09032.jpg

Posted

Great photos Bas. Would never think to do that - dont' have enough snow left now!

Yeah, time to give up if you're seeking huge amounts of snow (as per MetO warnings) I really can't see any turn around but a few places could get a little dusting by the weekend but it'll be soon washed away.

If you still have plenty of snow, and are still off from work etc, then just go enjoy the scenestoday. Who knows when you'll see them agian.

Posted

Hmm where's this promised shift of cold air southwards? :)

It's as if thei graphics haven't changed, the snow always starts at a certain line along the M4-ish and then N + W of London. METO say sleet here initially, but then rain all day tomorrow! :)

Posted

Does anyone know if High Wycombe might be north west enough? :)

It's my birthday today so please be kind :)

Edited by Mrs M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow
Does anyone know if High Wycombe might be north west enough? :)

It's my birthday today so please be kind :)

I think it'll be far enough NW to get snow for at least a time...however I wouldn't expect the quality of snow of sunday/monday. Also it might be an evening event only with friday morning bringing disappointment.

I hope things don't melt too much around here today. My wife and kids are flying back today after their flight from Ireland was cancelled on monday and I'd like them to at least get an impression of how good things were...before it all gets washed away tomorrow!

Posted

can't believe i'm saying this, but i'm so sick of sliding around on the ungritted streets in sw london that i'm hoping for rain not snow! it's still very touch and go for what we get but if it's snow it'll be wet and slushy. it's the cotswolds, the chilterns, and further north etc that may get a decent pasting

Posted

Teits (Dave) must be as happy as a Pig In S**T with this mornings Forecasts and Outputs as the "Steve Murr Honey Pot" Could be right over his House and thats where the 2 Boundaries could Collide, meaning some areas could get 25cm from this.

Still expecting maybe 1 hour of Snow tonight and then Rain Rain Rain, but as LS Says at least it will Melt this Lethal Ice on the ground, just skated on the School Run, maybe some back edge Snow from Friday into Sat Morning but not expecting much from this and this should be all melted by SAT Lunchtime.

Expect the Meto to take the Warnings down some time today. :)

Paul S

Posted

well i say roll on spring my bulbs are coming up and i have had enough of the snow. I still have snow in my garden and getting out of my road is lethal as it is down a slope so i slide around all over the place. Rain is ok for me too

Posted
well i say roll on spring my bulbs are coming up and i have had enough of the snow. I still have snow in my garden and getting out of my road is lethal as it is down a slope so i slide around all over the place. Rain is ok for me too

:) SQ! - the first lady of SACRA!, how can you say that!!!! :)

Posted
can't believe i'm saying this, but i'm so sick of sliding around on the ungritted streets in sw london that i'm hoping for rain not snow! it's still very touch and go for what we get but if it's snow it'll be wet and slushy. it's the cotswolds, the chilterns, and further north etc that may get a decent pasting

Completely agree LondonSnow. I slide down my street in Balham, and then try not to be one of those people falling down the steps at Waterloo trainstation on the news! lol

Posted

Iwould like to have some more snow as we only had about 2cms. would prefer it now rather than march/april as it is likely to last longer.

Posted
Completely agree LondonSnow. I slide down my street in Balham, and then try not to be one of those people falling down the steps at Waterloo trainstation on the news! lol

that guy sliding down the steps at waterloo was amusing but he seemed ok. i've slipped over twice during this cold spell, and i normally have very good balance. i've seen a ton of people falling over, and had to help one old lady up. i dont understand why the side streets have not been gritted at all round here in clapham. bring on the rain! of course next week i'll be wanting snow again

Posted

No! I want more snow! My son and I had so much fun (his first real snow)!

Not going to happen here in Essex though is it?!! :D

Posted

Tunbridge Wells oddly has heavy snow on for 3am and sleet at midnight tonight by the METO - I get the feeling the snow risk is slightly further east than the BBC graphics suggest?

Going back to Monday, the warm sector was initially further east than predicted, i can only hope that this LOW pressure decides to shift a little to the east a bit more.

For Kent in particular it looks like the nowcasting will come into play, check your outside temp and dewpoint tonight to see if we have any chance at all. Shame really, what could've been a dumping ontop of the current snow looks likely to be absolutely nothing as the snow gets washed away.

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Well the last thing I want in the next day or so from the weather is rain! The snow of Sunday and Mon was far too brief for me, yes I did well enough out of it, and as of this morning at least, I still have snow and ice around, but what is wanted is a colder version of Feb 05 with day after day of north easterly winds, snow showers and frosts. Not these marginal snow/rain events taking place over our heads.

Still a good chance we might some see snow Friday night/early Sat, as the ppn band will push everything SE'wards. After that the wait is for the low pressure gunk pattern of early next week to change and hopefully those model outputs will start to show the next cold(er) spell than this one asap. Things look on target for the second half of the month.

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection