Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SnOw and SuMmEr!!! :D

any1 know how its shaping up for us in Luton???? pls :D really want some more snow...... :D

Posted

Actually half a chance of some snow Saturday morning from the 06Z GFS:

prectypeuktopo.png

But how about this for a classic SW v NE battle?

prectypeuktopo.png

Pity the SW wins and we end up in the rainy bit :(

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
that guy sliding down the steps at waterloo was amusing but he seemed ok. i've slipped over twice during this cold spell, and i normally have very good balance. i've seen a ton of people falling over, and had to help one old lady up. i dont understand why the side streets have not been gritted at all round here in clapham. bring on the rain! of course next week i'll be wanting snow again

Oh I did laugh at that last night, but then I was in a silly mood after the Fry in a lift thing anyway.

I'm wishing I'd booked internet shop for today, got nothing in and it's like an ice rink out there, plus with one boy off school and a toddler who wants to walk the trip to asda will be interesting!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow
Teits (Dave) must be as happy as a Pig In S**T with this mornings Forecasts and Outputs as the "Steve Murr Honey Pot" Could be right over his House and thats where the 2 Boundaries could Collide, meaning some areas could get 25cm from this.

Still expecting maybe 1 hour of Snow tonight and then Rain Rain Rain, but as LS Says at least it will Melt this Lethal Ice on the ground, just skated on the School Run, maybe some back edge Snow from Friday into Sat Morning but not expecting much from this and this should be all melted by SAT Lunchtime.

Expect the Meto to take the Warnings down some time today. :(

Paul S

Can we dare hope that the dramatic swing in mood over the last 18 hours for us is reversed in the next 18 hours? :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
Can we dare hope that the dramatic swing in mood over the last 18 hours for us is reversed in the next 18 hours? :(

I hope so Timmytour - hopefully as far down as Brighton!!! :(

Posted

I suppose if we do get some ppn we might get snow we still have snow cover here and it is still cold so if the low moves a little then we may get some plenty of time to change and if the snow comes in over the weekend then i welcome it but i would like it gone ready for Monday. lol (Dream on SQ1)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, blizzards, thunder snow, thunder and lightning, heat waves, tornadoes

Met office has downgraded for the SE. Spring is on its way now....!

Posted

Sorry chaps. There's no snow for Kent, Essex, Sussex or Surrey in the latest forecasts. Even the stuff on Saturday will be fleeting.

Posted
Sorry chaps. There's no snow for Kent, Essex, Sussex or Surrey in the latest forecasts. Even the stuff on Saturday will be fleeting.

I would not worry about this yet . Plenty of time for the warnings to change for the better in my opinion especially after the last run

Posted
I would not worry about this yet . Plenty of time for the warnings to change for the better in my opinion especially after the last run

I'm not worried to be honest, what will be will be. Just calling it as I see the current models. On a side note, the local side roads were lethal this morning, the worst so far! Slight snow melt froze again overnight. Saw three accidents outside work this morning in Dartford.

Edited by Jason H

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

We will have to rely on some back edge snow as the whole lot is finally pushed away into Saturday. But no real snow event, just yukky cold rain mostly for the next couple of days.

Posted

Advise needed please

After my kids bitter disappointment from the snow or no snow as the case was, i'm seriously considering taking them all on train up to my dad's farm in woodhall spa,lincoln tomorrow for a long weekend they are desperate to see,play with snow

now do you think it would be worth it?? trains, kids =ahhh

or should i hold off and hope we get another chance ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Hopefully this trend can continue...and places further S and E will see more in the way of snow, like the UKMO origanlly planned..however it is very doubtful unfortunately!

Posted

I honestly don't know what to think about tomorrow.

BBC say sleet and rain tonight. But still have a warning of snow for the South East in Place.

Sky say Snow! My daughters English teacher has a Son working for Sky weather, he also says Snow for the South East.

I give up, going shopping anyway, and will wait and see tomorrow.

It would appear a knife edge situation. So the old trick of looking out of the window, is the best bet. lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
I honestly don't know what to think about tomorrow.

BBC say sleet and rain tonight. But still have a warning of snow for the South East in Place.

Sky say Snow! My daughters English teacher has a Son working for Sky weather, he also says Snow for the South East.

I give up, going shopping anyway, and will wait and see tomorrow.

It would appear a knife edge situation. So the old trick of looking out of the window, is the best bet. lol

Yes Francis is sticking to his guns again, was right about Mondays lot anyway, as we were saying yesterday he seems to do his own thing.

I would say that its certainly not all that clear cut yet, the mornings 06Z an upgrade for the se, another upgrade or 2 and hey, who knows what will happen. :ph34r:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

For those looking for more snow..............have a butchers at the 06z parallel run on Meteocil, even bigger upgrade! :ph34r:

Posted

Met O say:

Bracknell Forest Brighton + Hove Buckinghamshire E Sussex Gtr London Hampshire Isle of Wight Kent Medway Milton Keynes Oxfordshire Portsmouth Reading Slough Southampton Surrey W Berkshire W Sussex Windsor + Maidenhead Wokingham

Heavy Snow Fri 6 Feb

There is a moderate risk of a severe weather event continuing to affect parts of southern and eastern England. Periods of snow are likely and may give accumulations of 2 to 5 cm, perhaps 5 to 10 cm on hills.

Issued at: 1138 Wed 4 Feb

Posted
Met O say:

There we have it then, more snow potential in the South East after all, best scenario would be snow tonight turning to sleet then rain tomorrow before clearing, then more rain, sleet and snow friday.

Best for those who want more snow that is.

Posted

No chance!

Where on earth is it going to come from?

I think this is the MO butt-covering. There's a chance for another snow event in a few weeks time, but thats it for this year.

Posted
Any ideas about Reading out of this snow tonight? I think we right on the edge. Monday's snow we had very little too.

yes, possibly some transient wet snow but i think we're the wrong side of marginal for tonight - and i don't buy it at present for Friday either. Nothing to add to the paltry 3cm on monday that melted by 4pm!

Posted

John Hammond on the 12.58 BBC N24 weather slot showing an area of snow to the Northern part of our region for Friday and indicating this will travel South and turn to rain/sleet.

No mention of Friday night into Saturday yet.

Edited by Coast