Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

Hi Folks

I fear there is a lot of straw clutching going on at the moment, TBH I think this will be a rain event for most of the south eastern corner of the UK. We may have to put our hopes in a reload around valentines day.

Cheers

FC

Posted
Hi Folks

I fear there is a lot of straw clutching going on at the moment, TBH I think this will be a rain event for most of the south eastern corner of the UK. We may have to put our hopes in a reload around valentines day.

Cheers

FC

I agree with this. Any snowfall will be transitory over the coming 4-5 days in my opinion.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Meto, as per todays updates, still have EA and SE in 2 to5 cm, upto 10cm on higher ground for Friday..something I dont see from the GFS atleast...still hope then I see. Hmm... gonna wait for tonights runs methinks!

Meto, as per todays updates, still have EA and SE in 2 to5 cm, upto 10cm on higher ground for Friday..something I dont see from the GFS atleast...still hope then I see. Hmm... gonna wait for tonights runs methinks!

Apparently we are due snow overnight and into tomorrow here in Norfolk? Is this still the case? im confused :)

Posted
Apparently we are due snow overnight and into tomorrow here in Norfolk? Is this still the case? im confused :rolleyes:

we're all confused, even the met office! i'd say probably not, maybe a bit of wet snow like here in london, but i gather there's snow in cornwall so maybe it's all to play for. cheers LS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

i think its very unlikely london will see snow. however, i remember times in the past where lows have moved up from the south and stayed a lot further south than was forecast. if this happens, then the milder air will stay further south, and we could get a surprise. serious straw clutching though

we're all confused, even the met office! i'd say probably not, maybe a bit of wet snow like here in london, but i gather there's snow in cornwall so maybe it's all to play for. cheers LS

Hmmm i missed the lunchtime look east forecast. Did anyone catch it? I will be watching this evening with interest.

Posted

I personally think, what happened on Sunday/Monday was a once in a long time occasion (For Londoners anyway).

Might have to wait another 18 years now :(

Edited by mobad

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Latest Sky News forecast shows snowfall for a good 4 -6 hours across East Anglia, London and the southeast before it turns to rain (from 5/6am London& SE/7am Essex - 8am Norfolk).

BBC News 24 forecast shows a spell of snow for East Anglia.

With the precipitation colliding with the cold air tonight (Air Temperatures -3C) and very cold ground temperatures, there will most definately be a spell of snow for all. EXCEPT maybe far east Kent, east Essex and east Suffolk (Coastal) where there will be a strong easterly breeze off the less cold North Sea moderating the cold air somewhat.

Cambridge IMHO will see at least 2", probably nearer 4" of snow.

Very much looking forward to tonight's heavy snowfall..............

Seasons

Edited by Seasons

Posted
Latest Sky News forecast shows snowfall for a good 4 -6 hours across East Anglia, London and the southeast before it turns to rain (from 5/6am London& SE/7am Essex - 8am Norfolk).

BBC News 24 forecast shows a spell of snow for East Anglia.

With the precipitation colliding with the cold air tonight (Air Temperatures -3C) and very cold ground temperatures, there will most definately be a spell of snow for all. EXCEPT maybe far east Kent, east Essex and east Suffolk (Coastal) where there will be a strong easterly breeze off the less cold North Sea moderating the cold air somewhat.

Cambridge IMHO will see at least 2", probably nearer 4" of snow.

Very much looking forward to tonight's heavy snowfall..............

Seasons

once again, id love for you to be right, but you keep seeming very confident that london and the south east will see heavy snow, and i cant see it happening. not unless the front stalls and doesnt push up north. and thats asking a lot at this stage. what else are u basing this confidence on?

Posted
EXCEPT maybe far east Kent, east Essex and east Suffolk (Coastal) where there will be a strong easterly breeze off the less cold North Sea moderating the cold air somewhat.

You can bet on it, already a southeasterly breeze picking up lifting the temperature here.

Best place to be tonight will the Midlands I think, much of Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, London, Kent, Sussex will see mostly rain, although it may start off as snow across the East Anglian counties for a time.

Posted

BBC's weather website seems confused.

Ive checked a post code for north London which shows snow showers for tommorow, I checked another post code which is literally 8miles away and it shows rain :s

Posted
Best place to be tonight will the Midlands I think, much of Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, London, Kent, Sussex will see mostly rain, although it may start off as snow across the East Anglian counties for a time.

:( Unfortunately for a lot of us here. Still waiting for Friday / Saturday to load from todays 12Z

prectypeuktopo.png

Posted
I personally think, what happened on Sunday/Monday was a once in a long time occasion (For Londoners anyway).

Might have to wait another 18 years now :(

equally we may have to wait a week or two! i dont think feb 09 is done with us yet

Posted

Friday is a write off for the southeast/East Anglia as well now:

http://91.121.93.17/pics/Rmgfs512.html

http://91.121.93.17/pics/Rmgfs513.html

And it clearing away southeastwards is also delayed on this run...Saturday 6am:

http://91.121.93.17/pics/Rmgfs662.html

http://91.121.93.17/pics/Rmgfs663.html

Posted
And it clearing away southeastwards is also delayed on this run...Saturday 6am:

But it does give us all a chance during Saturday morning into the afternoon according to the jolly old GFS!

prectypeuktopo.png

So what about Sunday? :rofl:

Posted

theres always -37c and ice fog in fairbanks, alaska:

http://www.newsminer.com/arcticcam/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
BBC forecasing rain

sky news forecasting snow what do u think?

Im quite good at forcasts

I forcast it will get dark tonight

I think the rain/snow line will be near me

what does the line look like ?? Yellow stripes ?

Posted
But it does give us all a chance during Saturday morning into the afternoon according to the jolly old GFS!

prectypeuktopo.png

Yep, Saturday looks better, shame its being delayed though!

Posted

Well if you get up early ish (9.00am) you night just see a hour or two of something before it turns to rain! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Temperature's falling away here now after a high of 2.1C. Now 1.2C and dropping away under relatively clear skies.......

Incidentally Haverhill is colder than the midlands by a good 2C ~ can only bode well for the snow tonight.

Seasons

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

temps dropping here as well from a max of 3.4c down to 2.3c hope it keeps going lower!