Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Can Someone Help Me?

Posted

I have a weather station and it's an ascott its a wireless station with 850 data dew points, temps wind speed etc and direction.

I have had it on top of a buckett in the middle of my garden, the temps over the past week has been correct and reading the same as current observations on the BBC site and xcweather. Nothing has changed and all of a sudden its showing -4.8 in hull. Its freezing, could this be right?

Also im after a station with software that allows me to upload it to the web, i have seen someone elses site that does it. sheffieldweather i think its called. how much are they and can someone take me to the right place to get one.

thank you

Posted

A lot of stations allow web updates with the right software. I think one of the cheapest that allows updates is the LaCrosse WS2350.

http://www.ukweathershop.co.uk/

Also the NW store. http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=...ype=store;sess=

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Has the weather in Hull been mainly cloudy, particularly overnight and during the evenings, over the past week?

If so the temperature at bucket level probably won't have differed too much from a thermometer exposed in a screen at the standard height of 4ft above ground level.

However, once the sky clears and there is a considerable increase in outgoing radiation the temperature at bucket height will be somewhere between that of a grass minimum thermometer and the temperature of the top of the bucket, ie several degrees lower than that of a thermometer in a standard screen.

If you wish to compare your readings with those at other sites it would be a good idea to site the thermometer at about 4 feet above the grass in a place where it gets no direct sunlight and no radiated heat from objects such as sheds, fences, tarmac, brick etc.