Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

J10

Posted

one bad thing ANGWIN said was that the heavy snow will be hit and miss in nature.But we dont believe him

temp 1.8

Jay dont worry no school until spring :lol:

Edited by dogs32

Posted
0.7 here, needs to drop a bit more i think...

Don't worry mate, 0.9c here and snow flurrying with heavier imminent according to radar. A new icing sugar dusting on previously dry surfaces.

There's some very heavy precipitation due to head over Salisbury Plain in the next few hours which, although it may miss here, looks a dead certainty for Calne/Devizes way.

Posted

Am I correct in assuming that the majority of the precipitation has yet to show up on the radar?

I see the centre of the low on the satellite, and there seems to be alot of potential for some prolonged snow tonight :lol:

Posted

OK..guys...all stopped now..but def had a layer of snow on car..but all a bit wet else were so godda b a bit to warm..looking at radar maps looking like it will be a bit of a mixture tonite..but as the Met Office say..I will "Be Prepared".... :lol:

Posted

is this not going to be pinned? and to the person who said his wife bought him a book about weather for xmas becuz of his obsession on here, there is worse things to look at on the internet :lol: lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds
0.7 here, needs to drop a bit more i think...

Well it started snowing here at 1.8C. Now 1.1C but still snowing quite heavily and settling. I wouldn't worry about your current temperature, it's fairly decent. It seems as the front arrives amazingly the temps are dropping further anyway :lol:

Posted
Don't worry mate, 0.9c here and snow flurrying with heavier imminent according to radar. A new icing sugar dusting on previously dry surfaces.

There's some very heavy precipitation due to head over Salisbury Plain in the next few hours which, although it may miss here, looks a dead certainty for Calne/Devizes way.

Does that mean Tidworth will see some over night snow then?

Posted
is this not going to be pinned? and to the person who said his wife bought him a book about weather for xmas becuz of his obsession on here, there is worse things to look at on the internet :D lol

Never searches for anything but weather..as I told the wife... :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
big development now South on radar.....no wonder they are saying poss 20cm

radio, snow flakes in Bristol

What worries me about Wales is that it appears to be West of the main band of precip. That precip in France is heading straight North and the precip off the far South West of Cornwall is not heading towards Wales...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

That looks far too east tho ?

From the look of that it will all go east of us dogs? I hope i wrong

Posted

That's the beauty!! Here's hoping the TV forecasters are wrong and we get a prolonged spell with no movement further north than your goodself!

No flakes, here, in north BTL at the mo

Looking good then, just that it was 0.7C and rained last night so im a bit cautious.

Posted
What worries me about Wales is that it appears to be West of the main band of precip. That precip in France is heading straight North and the precip off the far South West of Cornwall is not heading towards Wales...

Andy someone mentioned it will pivot more NW...WELL this is what I hope.because who gets this is going to get a lovely heavy snow fall

Its really moving slow.roll on 1947

edit we can only hope lynxus

Edited by dogs32