Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted

I'm actually quite disappointed... Maybe got 6 inches at a push, although i have been out skiing across the fields over to snowshill. Currently 0.5C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather
Worrying here though, dew point 0.3c ground temp 0.9c :lol: As soon as that ground temp hits 1c it's going to start falling as drizzle and slowly thaw out the snow.

Same temps here Andy and no snow falling.

Our snow is thawing incredibly rapidly now, dripping off walls and roofs, pavements that have been walked on are now clear and very wet.

Would take a big freeze to lay a base that snow would settle on again I think.

Posted
I am! To be honest the precip could make it to leicester on it's Northern edge and stall there, it isn't impossible because the GFS kind of shows it stalling around Nottingham and then going back East later on tomorrow. It will hurt though is the Northern edge is about 15 miles South of here though. I've got a feeling it's going to be one of those radar watches again where the precip is very very slow and it might just stop South of me lol.

if i was you i wouldnt bother stopping up to find out on this 1, best just to wake up at 7 or 8 av a quick lookk n if not hope for something good sunday and monday, because after today anyway the snow we have now shouldnt thaw out much due to the very cold overnight temps. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.
It stopped snowing in Nuneaton before 9am, but has just started again.

Hi Steve,

Good to see someone else from Nuneaton,welcome aboard.

We`ve done ok for Snow this week i reckon.

I have been out for a walk earlier around Chapel End,Bucks Hill area,some photos below.

Lovely stuff.I still enjoy this weather even though i am in my mature years. :lol:

Posted
I am! To be honest the precip could make it to leicester on it's Northern edge and stall there, it isn't impossible because the GFS kind of shows it stalling around Nottingham and then going back East later on tomorrow. It will hurt though is the Northern edge is about 15 miles South of here though. I've got a feeling it's going to be one of those radar watches again where the precip is very very slow and it might just stop South of me lol.

Yep another night of radar watching awaits for me as well Andy! To be honest these setups are always quite messy and the emphasis tomorrow AM is far too much on the south eastern corner even though we have up to 18cm snow already here so it'll be a far bigger event here if we get a further 5-10cm on top. I do think the UKMO are perhaps progging the worst of it a bit too far SE and could definitely see some northward expansion on later forecasts to include areas up to Notts. Fascinating night ahead AGAIN, and I can't believe we are looking at the prospect of the third heavy snowfall of the week here, when was the last time that happened I wonder? :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

All over here now, getting sleet at times now. Worst predicted snow event for here ever...im very dissapointed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Same temps here Andy and no snow falling.

Our snow is thawing incredibly rapidly now, dripping off walls and roofs, pavements that have been walked on are now clear and very wet.

Would take a big freeze to lay a base that snow would settle on again I think.

Surprisingly here there is still good snow on the road. It is dripping off gutters now though and is thawing slightly but it is a very slow thaw. Just hoping temps don't rise much from now until 5pm so not much melts.

Posted

I would actually favour you to be just far enough south to see something, despite the fact the band is progg'ed to have a more northwards gradient on it's Eastern flank. My location is only going to be 20-30 miles too far north, so I will going for a drive tonight to see some further snowfall. Going to be close again for your region (your further west so the gradient is not so likely to be so far north), but I honestly think a 10 mile car journey would pretty much guarentee you seeing more snowfall.

Posted

its bout stopped here now, had bout 5 -10 mins of what is either very fine snow or slight drizzle but u can barely see it and if it is drizzle its because the intensity is very very light. im hoping things cool down now. freeze everything over a couple of decent frosts will make the snow harder to shift. I think theres at least 1 more snowfall between now and when this all melts andy :lol: hopefully tomorrow morning would be nice. 1hour for the 12z... the most reliable output

Posted

Still lots of snow lying in the fields and gardens but it has been thawing slowly. Temp 1.5c and now starting to drop .

Lots of slush and water on the roads which no doubt this will freeze quickly tonight and provide a very icy base for the dump that we're expecting tomorrow morning. I'm expecting a real nightmare on the roads around here tomorrow and unfortuately we've got to get to a funeral tomorrow lunchtime.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

IMO the weather forecasters seem to think tomorrows event deserves more attention than ours...if so then thats total Bias.

Currently though that precpitation thats going to be tonights event in the south looks to be coming more this way then for the South East though i bet it will change direction and just miss us. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.
All over here now, getting sleet at times now. Worst predicted snow event for here ever...im very dissapointed.

Hi Blizzards,

Yes so you keep saying.

There are probably others disappointed too but don`t post everytime they are on a downer.

Cheer up--it`s only weather we can`t do anything about it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Yep another night of radar watching awaits for me as well Andy! To be honest these setups are always quite messy and the emphasis tomorrow AM is far too much on the south eastern corner even though we have up to 18cm snow already here so it'll be a far bigger event here if we get a further 5-10cm on top. I do think the UKMO are perhaps progging the worst of it a bit too far SE and could definitely see some northward expansion on later forecasts to include areas up to Notts. Fascinating night ahead AGAIN, and I can't believe we are looking at the prospect of the third heavy snowfall of the week here, when was the last time that happened I wonder? :)

so is there any chance of it coming as far north as warickshire anybody?? as when last nights snow was 1st forecast it also had a warning for the mids regarding tonight any thoughts pls???

Posted

temp dropping here to down to 0.4 got up to roughly 0.6 0.7. the ground temp is the main problem 3.5. im sure that will drop off as soon as night falls. blizzards you havent got to worry about it being far enough west tonight more of it getting far enough north.

Posted

Well currently its going in a good direction. Hopefully tonights forecast is wrong and comes more over here seen as ours was wrong and the East got it all.

Posted

Hi I haven't posted on here for ages but keep reading eveyones thoughts. I've just been looking at the meteox radar and that large amount or precip over wales looks to be heading east towards the midlands. What do you think?

Posted

I thought you got quite a bit luke? Looking on the news the west mids got quite a bit! I got more than expected here, about 5cm on top of what already was on the ground

Posted
Hi I haven't posted on here for ages but keep reading eveyones thoughts. I've just been looking at the meteox radar and that large amount or precip over wales looks to be heading east towards the midlands. What do you think?

Thats most likely wrong and the precpitation from Wales is not coming this way.

I thought you got quite a bit luke? Looking on the news the west mids got quite a bit! I got more than expected here, about 5cm on top of what already was on the ground

Yeah we got some but no where near as heavy and as much.

Posted
Thats most likely wrong and the precpitation from Wales is not coming this way.

Yeah we got some but no where near as heavy and as much.

Oh, well at least you got some and a day off school :)

Posted

Has been snowing lightly for the past hour, but it's refusing to stick on top of what we have (most pavements/roads are clear now, but the other surfaces are still covered). All we need is for the temp to drop a couple of degrees- it's just been getting too warm in the daytime these last few days.......