Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted

Don't worry about ppn at the moment. I know the band up north is moving very slowly at the moment but if you look closely and go back a few frames on the radar you will see it is moving south very slowly and the best news of all is it is really pepping up as it does so. When this reaches the mildlands the radar is going to be looking very different. Everything is on track at the moment , all the models didn't show it reaching my area till between 3 and 6am and it is only 2am now so everything is bang on. Also alot of you have said the ppn is alot further north than gfs showed , but the heavy snow is still roughly where gfs says it should be right now.

All we have to do in the midlands is pray that the precipitation remains as snow when the 2 fronts collide.

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

snowing heavily in milton keynes at the minute, everythings gone white again. Can't believe nothings hit northampton yet, been snowing here for the last 45 mins :cc_confused:

Posted
Dewpoint and temp still ok and precipitation overhead, but still nothing falling .........have those brummies put up a snow shield, come on own up !!

it wasnt me honest x

Posted

Lost its intensity a little,but thats to be expected.

Posted

I was hoping to catch the arrival of the ppn here before squeezing some sleep in but the way things are going I'll have to give up I think.

5 more minutes then I'm to my bed for 4-5 hours.

Posted
The sky has the same orange glow about it here too; trouble is, nothing falling out of it just yet regardless of the radar.

Just updated by the way to show a whole load of sleet south of my postcode. Just to remind people not to panic about this as it's using old GFS data; but still, grim viewing really.

OOOH is it using old GFS data? Wikid, i was worrying, because im right on the brink of the sleet line lol! :cc_confused:

Posted

Agreewith you Mackerel Sky and Jimben. According to the MO radar, it should have started snowing here in Solihull just after 1:30am. But so far, diddley squat! Is it high level precip or something? Or has it chosen to ignore Solihull and Brum completely? :cc_confused:

And this streetlamp watching doesn't do my eyes any favours either.

Phil.

Edited by Phil UK

Posted
snowing heavily in milton keynes at the minute, everythings gone white again. Can't believe nothings hit northampton yet, been snowing here for the last 45 mins :cc_confused:

Odd isn't it? Must admit I expected it to be snowing here by now. The snow is moving very very very slowly it really is!

Posted
Odd isn't it? Must admit I expected it to be snowing here by now. The snow is moving very very very slowly it really is!

Probably a good thing though to be honest, the slower it moves the longer the front has to interact with the cold pool, keeping the milder sector at bay. Also bodes very well for people further north and possible back down this area later on today and friday when the front from scotland collides.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I hate it when the Radar does this, I remember it did it in a snow event about 3 years ago, had light precip over Leicester for ages and nothing fell until it went into the green and yellow echos. I'm getting really tired now, i'm starting to feel it and it's only 2am lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice
it wasnt me honest x

What you looking so guilty about then ?

Posted
I hate it when the Radar does this, I remember it did it in a snow event about 3 years ago, had light precip over Leicester for ages and nothing fell until it went into the green and yellow echos. I'm getting really tired now, i'm starting to feel it and it's only 2am lol.

u might aswell stick it out now uve waited this long

Posted

Anyone fancy a game of I spy as we wait for this slowwwwww moving band of precip?

I spy with my little eye something beginning with S :cc_confused:

Posted

So anyone have an idea if it will rain by the time 7-8am is here in the oxford/buckinghamshire/milton keynes area? lol

Posted
Anyone fancy a game of I spy as we wait for this slowwwwww moving band of precip?

I spy with my little eye something beginning with S :cc_confused:

Shield !!!!

Posted

It's been coming down in oxford for quite a long time now. We're up to an inch probably. Haven't got a clear gauge right now, but on the roof opposite my window it looks about an inch. Enjoying this, but it started out very wet and clearly isn't the driest stuff about, even if it has settled over all surfaces, so during the day thursday and friday, when there is meant to be pretty much constant ppn, it will almost certainly turn to rain.

Obviously the fact that it is going so much more north east than was progged by gfs is a boost, but I still can't see it lasting as snow throughout. We'll see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
Agreewith you Mackerel Sky and Jimben. According to the MO radar, it should have started snowing here in Solihull just after 1:30am. But so far, diddley squat! Is it high level precip or something? Or has it chosen to ignore Solihull and Brum completely? :cc_confused:

And this streetlamp watching doesn't do my eyes any favours either.

Phil.

dont worry my friend , its been light snow now for about 10min , just becoming mod now, slow moving is a brill thing for us :D

Posted
Finally! Snowing in Northampton at last.

:cc_confused:

FINALLY!!!! So that proves that it is falling out of the sky in the moderate precip but in the light precip it's not falling, well the moderate precip is not far from me now... COME ON HURRYYY!

Posted
Finally! Snowing in Northampton at last.

:cc_confused:

Yep here too !!!!! Very gently drifting down small flakes at present.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
I was hoping to catch the arrival of the ppn here before squeezing some sleep in but the way things are going I'll have to give up I think.

5 more minutes then I'm to my bed for 4-5 hours.

Pity your not getting any of it as it is amazing

can someone post the radar link ?

Edited by stewfox