Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch Thread For London, Ea & Se England

Posted

So here we are into our 5th day with possibly another 2 to come at least

Please continue to chat away about the Cold and Snow prospects for the said areas

Paul S

Posted

Absolutely pouring with rain here now , with a temp of 6 rising and a dew point of 4 i think it's far from marginal here ,more impossible :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

raining on and off here, cold only 3c. cant see it getting any warmer today, just hope i get a good dumping here on the west essex/ herts border :rolleyes:

Posted
So here we are into our 5th day with possibly another 2 to come at least

Please continue to chat away about the Cold and Snow prospects for the said areas

Paul S

well its cold here in C London. Surprisingly after last nights first snow, then rain, the snow hasnt washed away as comprehensively as i thought and a covering remains . Let's see what happens later though i feel more snowfall for central london is unlikely - it is rare enough as it is and we just had a huge bite of the cherry! 4th day now with substantial cover.

Posted

One site I like to consult now and again for thunderstorm set ups is the USAF 21st Operational Weather Squadron station for Europe.

Their surface loop animation for the next few days shows mostly rain along the South Eastern Coast. Run the 'PROG-BRIEFING' loop here: http://ows.public.sembach.af.mil/index.cfm?section=SFCProg

Their snow accumulation loop based on UKMO data here, ows.public.sembach.af.mil/ (under SFC SNOW) says the snow won't reach the far SE corner at all this weekend.

Posted

UPGRADE UPGRADE UPGRADE

bbc have just come on board, showing heavy snow across all of the south east(apart from kent until later tomorrow) east anglia and southern and central england. it looked like a large area of snow like last nights one woop woop :lol: :lol: :lol: :o

Posted
UPGRADE UPGRADE UPGRADE

bbc have just come on board, showing heavy snow across all of the south east(apart from kent until later tomorrow) east anglia and southern and central england. it looked like a large area of snow like last nights one woop woop :lol: :lol: :lol: :o

County Council here are taking it seriously, emergency meeting this afternoon!

Posted
County Council here are taking it seriously, emergency meeting this afternoon!

not surprised mate, it looked like a big area of snow and very slow moving

Posted

Just to say- although the SE missed the snow last night and today the mist and fog rolling in are making the temps drop like a stone. This really is a much better winter and makes it feel so much more seasonal and although I hope there is another 6 weeks of winter when spring does arrive it is so much more pleasing than having experienced a horrible damp mild winter with hardly any frosts which makes it seem as though winter and spring have merged, a bit like the last two we endured . High ground should see another 10 to 15cm of snow in the next 24 hours with Greater London seeing at least 7cms -Just my opinion :doh:

Edited by charlton north-downs

Posted

snow tonight should readily settle even though we have had rain and the groung is wet, there will be a hard frost with temps down to -2c in london, snow should stick straight away with big accumulations :doh:

Posted
snow tonight should readily settle even though we have had rain and the groung is wet, there will be a hard frost with temps down to -2c in london, snow should stick straight away with big accumulations :doh:

is this for real? snow in london again tongight - not rain? from what time will it fall? and for how long?

and are we really looking at 6 -8 inches in london again? surely not.

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

From tomorrow morning onwards the trend everywhere will be towards snow rather than rain and I think that there are going to be some more flash warnings over the next 36 hrs regarding this situation which is on a knife edge. I don't think anywhere can be ruled out of seeing at least a covering of snow by the same Friday night turns into Saturday and the ppn finally moves away. There are some surprises coming I think.

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Yes it is very cold here in Central London at the moment.

I think it will dry up a bit and get frosty tonight, so any snow should stick.

Judging by what has happened in the Midlands today I am expecting some decent snowfall from this front, it looks to have a lot of heavy precipitation embedded within it according to the models and with temps just the right side of marginal we should get some big sticky flakes of snow!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
From tomorrow morning onwards the trend everywhere will be towards snow rather than rain and I think that there are going to be some more flash warnings over the next 36 hrs regarding this situation which is on a knife edge. I don't think anywhere can be ruled out of seeing at least a covering of snow by the same Friday night turns into Saturday and the ppn finally moves away. There are some surprises coming I think.

I do tend to agree with this, and there will definately be suprises. But with the way it has gone last few days I won't get my hopes up for east Norfolk, east Suffolk or east Essex - everywhere else looking good, and I believe many will see a dumping! Praying I can get in on the action too...

Posted
No doubt us in SE Essex will miss out again :mellow:

I suspect the shaded area here is less likely to see snow that will lay or accumulate tomorrow and into the weekend

post-6667-1233840427_thumb.png

Posted

The met office having updated with a warning for widespread snowfall 5-10cm and up to 20cm over higher ground!

This has been a really wonderful period of cold/snow weather!

Posted

Enjoy all you lucky people that get it.

Please send some down this way, cant take this anymore! :mellow:

Posted

latest METAR from LCY shows that the winds have shifted from calm to WNW and the dewpoint dropping. If this is valid and confirmed after the next couple of updates, could be a very good sign for London seeing snow. Ideally the DP will continue to drop as the colder, drier air arrives.

Posted

We've got fog here now which is really adding to the wintryness. Just been for a walk and some of the drifts were over a foot high. We were getting some light snow grains walking back but this has now turned to proper snow - it's quite light, but thank god it's not the rain I was expecting!