Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch Thread For London, Ea & Se England

Posted
wow big upgrade for the SE according to bbc 1.30 news rain readily turning to snow tonight

:o :) :o :mellow:

what time is snow going to start then in London?

Posted

Right I am off to start my epic trip back home.. London to Bordeaux via Leigh on Sea.. lets see how far I get, I still have no idea if I will get over the Thames tomorrow morning at 5:00am

Cheers

FC

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006
:o :) :o :mellow:

Wow!

I saw 7 inches on Monday, any chance I may see even more tonight and tomorrow??

Posted
:clap::cold::):)

The metoffice warnings are in place from 2am through to 6pm...so its anyones guess, but I imagine

by the time you wake up, there will be a covering...and maybe another day off!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Back to watching out for the orange sky again tonight lol,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

peter cockroft on bbc london weather saying heavy snow later tonight and tomorrow. also saying the rain that was forecast for sunday has "slowed up in the atlantic" and as a result we could see more snow on monday. exciting stuff

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind and summer storms

Could somebody post the link for dew points and temps in the SE. Meto just has temp. :clap:

I am getting excited about this event. IMO it will be a bit of a non starter for me but those a little further west and north I think it could actually get more serious. :)

The local BBC weather said that tonight will be mainly rain here in Kent but the north and west of the region could see some wet stuff by morning, then as the day wears on it will increasingly turn to snow as we get the 'right side' of the occlusion.

She mentioned another 5-10cms over the North Downs.....NICE. :cold:

Many thanks

James

Guest North Sea Snow Convection
I do tend to agree with this, and there will definately be suprises. But with the way it has gone last few days I won't get my hopes up for east Norfolk, east Suffolk or east Essex - everywhere else looking good, and I believe many will see a dumping! Praying I can get in on the action too...

I think I would go as far as to suggest you should expect snow :)

I'm not giving away my postcode though so you can't me shoot me! :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Enjoy you lot because no doubt your forecast is perfect but they cant get it right for here, not even 3 hours before the event. Total rubbish.

Posted
my wife said she saw 8 inches on Monday night.

you must be a hot lover! :clap:

you must be a hot lover! :)

Seriously though - is there really going to be rain mixed in , or will it be snow for all in London ? what did Peter Cockroft say ?

Posted

Interesting forecast from Peter Cockroft. He said a 60% chance London could see as much so on Friday as on Monday - I think they might be overplaying it somewhat!

Posted
Interesting forecast from Peter Cockroft. He said a 60% chance London could see as much so on Friday as on Monday - I think they might be overplaying it somewhat!

WOW

Do we really think this?

starting to get excited now.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
Just to say- although the SE missed the snow last night and today the mist and fog rolling in are making the temps drop like a stone. This really is a much better winter and makes it feel so much more seasonal and although I hope there is another 6 weeks of winter when spring does arrive it is so much more pleasing than having experienced a horrible damp mild winter with hardly any frosts which makes it seem as though winter and spring have merged, a bit like the last two we endured . High ground should see another 10 to 15cm of snow in the next 24 hours with Greater London seeing at least 7cms -Just my opinion :)

Yup, how very true.

BTW, this is the typical mist that is produced when milder upper air moves in over cold/frozen ground, pretty rare realy round here. Hope we get more snow tonight, though seems to me that the colder uppers dont get back into North Kent and Western Essex until late tomorrow, around early evening, hope I'm wrong.

Posted

i dont understand the latest forecast on the bbc, it had forecasted temps for both london and norwich overnight at 2c, n yet the show rain for norwich and snow for london, can anyone shead some light onto why this is?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Yes looking good for some...people need to remember a slow moving area of snow, pretty heavy being undercut and fed by cold air behind it can drop ALOT of snow- so chance of what we saw on Monday AGAIN just gotta make sure the cold undercuts the cold. *Pray to the lord*

Posted

I think that is a gross over-estimation to be honest. Don't forget that Monday saw prolonged periods of convection on a strong easterly with embedded THUNDER SNOW!!!!! followed by a front giving a further dumping. This is just an occlusion, albeit a slow moving one.

I have a feeling the ppn band will take a more eaterly track than expected, as it did last night, meaning colder air will make its way further south east.

Edited by Mikel Nimbus

Posted
Yes looking good for some...people need to remember a slow moving area of snow, pretty heavy being undercut and fed by cold air behind it can drop ALOT of snow- so chance of what we saw on Monday AGAIN just gotta make sure the cold undercuts the cold. *Pray to the lord*

Hi all

Just thought i would pop in and say good luck, you lucky devils.

Send some my way lol

:lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

its amazing that even though it has rained pretty much all night and all day down here, that there is still so much lying snow on the grass. some places still have a couple of inches. just goes to show how much snow we got on sunday night

Posted
I think that is a gross over-estimation to be honest. Don't forget that Monday saw prolonged periods of convection on a strong easterly with embedded THUNDER SNOW!!!!! followed by a front giving a further dumping. This is just an occlusion, albeit a slow moving one.

I have a feeling the ppn band will take a more eaterly track than expected, as it did last night, meaning colder air will make its way further south east.

I agree. Just going to copy in what I wrote in another thread:

I would be very surprised to see more than two inches in London tomorrow tbh. First of all, the ground will be very wet and secondly, the temperatures seem a little too high. I expect it will start out as rain, then sleet for most of the day, followed by some snow on the back edge. I think the Met & BBC are putting out forecasts for the worse (or best in our case) case scenario. Time will tell...