Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: North West England

Posted
Karyo, that precipitation is over me now I believe, persistent falling snow with small flakes, just the ground temperature is the wrong side of marginal.

Some heavier pulses now over Wales and the northern coasts of Wales! There are reports of snow falling in Shrewsbury in the last hour.

Stephen, yes you are under the band but not under the heaviest echoes.

Also, the band to the north seems to have stopped moving southwards, maybe as a response to the northward progress of the Welsh band.

Karyo

Edited by karyo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
thawing the dusting now, still the odd flake in the sky in south liverpool.wont get anything now though .game over for most of the north west i feel.

wouldnt lose complete faith yet, currently larger flakes and heavier too, still not settling though :lol:

Posted
I would rather see snow falling and not settling, than nothing at all lmao.

I couldn't agree more!

Anyway, the 2:30pm image shows the band maybe stalling at it's western and northern extend but it seems to pivot a little bit to the eastern side.

Karyo

Posted

Band sat in a line from Stoke to Liverpool heading NE to us in Manchester at 14.50

Will it fall as snow or will it be rain/drizzle?

Fingers crossed.

Again not forecast, getting dark here in birchwood.

Posted

Talks of potential polar lows showing on the radars just north of Scotland on another thread, very difficult to forecast but worth keeping an eye on all the same, particuarly for those in the north of the region.

Hot*Snow

Posted
Talks of potential polar lows showing on the radars just north of Scotland on another thread, very difficult to forecast but worth keeping an eye on all the same, particuarly for those in the north of the region.

Hot*Snow

When did they develop hot.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

The snow had turned very heavy now and at least for the moment snow has started accumulating again, but I think this is down to the snowfall rate and thicker flakes than anything. If it went lighter it would start to melt again

Posted
The snow had turned very heavy now and at least for the moment snow has started accumulating again, but I think this is down to the snowfall rate and thicker flakes than anything. If it went lighter it would start to melt again

What are your though on the polar lows.

Posted
What are your though on the polar lows.

I dont think anything will come of it, reason being is that the met-office would have mentioned the possibility. Even though polar lows are unpredictable, the met-office would be fairly concerned if the building blocks were right for Polar Low, so I dont see much to 'worry' about to be honest. They are probably area of showers which will become troughs over time.

Posted

The 3pm radar has both good and bad news. The bad is that the brightest echoes over North Wales have eased but the band is moving slowly east/northeast.

Some brightest echoes appeared in the north Midlands now. I expect to see some light snow here before i finish my day at work.

Karyo

Posted
The 3pm radar has both good and bad news. The bad is that the brightest echoes over North Wales have eased but the band is moving slowly east/northeast.

Some brightest echoes appeared in the north Midlands now. I expect to see some light snow here before i finish my day at work.

Karyo

Alot of talk about polar lows Kayro, what are your views?

For me they are too difficult to forecast right now, but the potential is certainly there.

Hot*Snow