Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: North West England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

on the netweather future radar the ppn over the midlands is heading towards the region, whats the odds of this happeneing?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Morning crash

Id have to say the odds of us seeing that ppn are next to nothing unfortunatly and our next possible event is sunday afternoon /evening where it will most likely clear from the west to east durning sunday night leaving drier weather for the time being and milder for a time.

Right now its impossible to say what will happen after monday/tuesday becuase there is big difference in what 2 of the main models are showing. GFS 00z going for High Pressure and milder weather and the Ecm is going for a corker of a cold run.

Posted
Morning crash

Id have to say the odds of us seeing that ppn are next to nothing unfortunatly and our next possible event is sunday afternoon /evening where it will most likely clear from the west to east durning sunday night leaving drier weather for the time being and milder for a time.

Right now its impossible to say what will happen after monday/tuesday becuase there is big difference in what 2 of the main models are showing. GFS 00z going for High Pressure and milder weather and the Ecm is going for a corker of a cold run.

Morning!

I thought i was the only one up in the NW at this time!!

Typical! 2 run one good one pants! after a great start to the 09 year i would be in favour of a clod spell! as the mild is too out of character for this winter!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!
Morning!

I thought i was the only one up in the NW at this time!!

Typical! 2 run one good one pants! after a great start to the 09 year i would be in favour of a clod spell! as the mild is too out of character for this winter!

Haha im only up at this time becuase ive just recently got in from work. up to now this winter has defontaly been the best one since the mid nineties without a doubt so I too want to see another good blast of the cold and hopefully white stuff. I think we could see more whether like this well into march this year .

Posted
Haha im only up at this time becuase ive just recently got in from work. up to now this winter has defontaly been the best one since the mid nineties without a doubt so I too want to see another good blast of the cold and hopefully white stuff. I think we could see more whether like this well into march this year .

true i hope it does give us a good dumping , go home from work style!

Posted
Interestingly, Manchester Airport TAF mentions the possibility of snow showers

long-TAF: EGCC 052255Z 0600/0706 36005KT 9999 SCT035 PROB30 TEMPO 0600/0602 5000 -SN BKN010 PROB30 0602/0610 3000 BR BECMG 0610/0613 30010KT BECMG 0620/0623 7000 PROB30 TEMPO 0622/0706 2000 SHSN BKN005

Manchester Airport last TAF

Probability 40% :Temporary

from 07 at 06 UTC to 07 at 10 UTC

Visibility 1500 m

Broken clouds at a height of 300 ft

snow showers

Liverpool Airport last TAF

Probability 40% :

Temporary

from 06 at 20 UTC to 07 at 06 UTC

Visibility 2000 m

Broken clouds at a height of 800 ft

snow showers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

I've given up on snow for this winter...it has been virtually snow-less here(certainly no better than previous recent winters)

Posted
I've given up on snow for this winter...it has been virtually snow-less here(certainly no better than previous recent winters)

Just watched the bbc weather forcast with Tomasz Schafernaker and he is forecasting snow for NWales and western parts of the NW on Sunday, lets hope is pushes in a bit more.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

A rather balmy 5.4C at the moment! So much difference from down south!

Posted
A rather balmy 5.4C at the moment! So much difference from down south!

I thought the cold air was from the north was already in the north west?

Was hoping that very cold air was going to be pushing into northamptonshire by 5 or 6pm

temp at the moment 0.6 and its starting a slow thaw of the 9 inches of snow in my back garden. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
I thought the cold air was from the north was already in the north west?

Was hoping that very cold air was going to be pushing into northamptonshire by 5 or 6pm

temp at the moment 0.6 and its starting a slow thaw of the 9 inches of snow in my back garden. :)

Unfortunately a NW;ly gives us warmer temperatures from the sea, so tonight I wouldnt expect hugely cold temperature here for example.

Nice depths 9inches is almost a foot :cray:

Posted
Unfortunately a NW;ly gives us warmer temperatures from the sea, so tonight I wouldnt expect hugely cold temperature here for example.

Nice depths 9inches is almost a foot :cray:

Cheers for the reply.

Yeah, its been a bad 48 hours down here. got mild late evening yesterday and thawed at least 3 inches of the 6 inches we had.

had a good 5-6 inches from 8am this morning.

still, it does not beat the 15 inches of snow we had in Bolton in 1979 :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
that snow on sunday will miss us.

:):):):):D:D:) ah well heres to next week! :D

Stay Positive my Friend you never Know LoL

Looks like to night a few Snow Showers will push Through the Cheshire Gap effecting

Parts of Liverpool as Well.Not expecting to much but at least there may be a bit of Snow

About Later Tonight.As for Sunday The Ukmo Website thinks different as they have weather

Warning out for NW England on Sunday :D Plenty more Twists to come before this Cold Spell

Comes to the end and maybe another covering of Snow For The NW.BTW Local Northwest

Weather at 13.35 this afternoon Presented by Heather and she said Weather Watch out

For Sunday 5CM Snow quite Possible,not alot but its better than Rain and Mild Mush LoL. :D

Posted

Temps as low as -10'c inland tonight however in rural areas once the wind swings northerly again, so keep the heating on tonight.

Posted

Sunday looks like the North West's best bet for some snow. There is around 10 of us tomorrow taking the kids Sledging as we don't have anything here. Were not too sure where to go, maybe the Pennines or Buxton, something like that. Anyone in those areas confirm there is snow??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
Sunday looks like the North West's best bet for some snow. There is around 10 of us tomorrow taking the kids Sledging as we don't have anything here. Were not too sure where to go, maybe the Pennines or Buxton, something like that. Anyone in those areas confirm there is snow??

Plenty of snow still around Saddleworth, you could also go up Holme Moss way as I hear there's plenty there too.

Posted
There is a possibility of some snow showers in the south of the region later tonight. Both airport TAFs suggest this and also the forecasts have been hinting of this. So don't be surprised if you wake up to a small covering in the south of the region.

Yes, there is a possibility. Pity we couldn't have more of a northwesterly to affect the whole region.

Karyo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Hills around Macclesfield,buxton,leek Would be best.can confirm Def loads snow on hills

Between Mac and Buxton....Enjoy LoL :rolleyes:

Posted

I'd wait for a top-up, only 2-3cm of lying snow left on the hills around here, unless your really brave and want to try Kinder Scout/Edale area, but the slopes there are really dangerous for sledging for children due to the steep inclines. The sun has melted much of what we had yesterday and all thats left is just the hardened crust of snow from the past 4 days thats not really fit for sledging on anyway.

Best to wait until the next snowfall event where its really powdery again and you'll get some decent sledging.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold
Just watched the bbc weather forcast with Tomasz Schafernaker and he is forecasting snow for NWales and western parts of the NW on Sunday, lets hope is pushes in a bit more.

Hope you're right