Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Thanks!

Oh it's thawing so quickly :D

Yep, its been quite a non event for us really compared to what was expected.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I am delighted with rthe way the snow is holding up so far. I have just took my dog for a walk, ground temp is 1c now, the only snow that has melted is on some gutters and main roads. The main road at the bottom of mine has a layer of slush on it, so it's not even water on there. My road is covered in compact snow and on the park there was about 4 inches everywhere, my feet are soaked now because it came in my trainers lol. Surely the temperature won't rise much more before it gets dark?

Posted

Still snowing rather lightly here though rather than settling its gradually starting to thaw.

Temp 0.8c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

If the GFS Wins then we are in business!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
I am delighted with rthe way the snow is holding up so far. I have just took my dog for a walk, ground temp is 1c now, the only snow that has melted is on some gutters and main roads. The main road at the bottom of mine has a layer of slush on it, so it's not even water on there. My road is covered in compact snow and on the park there was about 4 inches everywhere, my feet are soaked now because it came in my trainers lol. Surely the temperature won't rise much more before it gets dark?

There is a heavier band starting to develop just north east of birmingham on the 3pm radar. This has been slowly edging east over the last couple of hours. If it falls as snow leicester could have a nice fall in the next hour or so. The main band still looks to be moving north east to me so this is so far looking good for over night tonight for leicester.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

At the min the ppn off the south coast is coming straight for the midlands , im not saying we will get hit, but i am saying it needs to change significantly the direction to effect the areas mentioned by bbc , they got last nights ppn wrong in my eyes by 80mile or so , although the west had snow the main area went way east , these southern lows have always been a night-mere to predict for years, and theres nothing to say why the mids wouldnt cop this lot , comments pls :D

Posted
At the min the ppn off the south coast is coming straight for the midlands , im not saying we will get hit, but i am saying it needs to change significantly the direction to effect the areas mentioned by bbc , they got last nights ppn wrong in my eyes by 80mile or so , although the west had snow the main area went way east , these southern lows have always been a night-mere to predict for years, and theres nothing to say why the mids wouldnt cop this lot , comments pls :D

I agree, it is actually hard to see how places such as Kent would now get affected but im sure they will win because its the East. :D

Posted
There is a heavier band starting to develop just north east of birmingham on the 3pm radar. This has been slowly edging east over the last couple of hours. If it falls as snow leicester could have a nice fall in the next hour or so. The main band still looks to be moving north east to me so this is so far looking good for over night tonight for leicester.

I am 90% sure that band in North Brum won't reach us mate. The band tonight is the one we need. If it reaches Leicester and stalls as it is supposed to do then we are in the money. If it stalls about 15 miles South of Leicester I will cry :doh:

I can't see much of this snow we have now melting before it gets dark, if this got topped up with another covering it would be FANTASTIC! The park near me is covered in 4 inches of snow and it's not melted on the park.

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
If the GFS Wins then we are in business!

Agreed there mate , it gives our areas 100% snow for early fri , i feel somethin good could hapen if im honest, certainly more north now

Posted

Looks like another band of rain is heading North (at this current stage in time) I expect this to change to a more N Easterly direction later on. GFS seems to indicate this as well as NW Radar (700pha Wind Vec) shows this nicely, Met Office also jumping on the GFS bandwagon. Nevertheless we will see how it turns out.

Correct me if i'm wrong from the above throughts, i'm still a novice. :doh:

Tom.

Posted

Also has anyone noticed how the Meto update the Eastern text forecasts first? More Bias probably...

Rant over...

I really hope we get more snow because after our dissapointments we deserve it!

Posted

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rmgfs213.gif

I could rant about this chart for hours.

Cant believe there will be nothing here yet 50 miles south east will get tons.

Why can't things work in our favour just for once :doh:

Edited by conor123

Posted
I agree, it is actually hard to see how places such as Kent would now get affected but im sure they will win because its the East. :doh:

I can see the band continuing to move north east until the band further north catches up. and then starts pushing the whole lot south with the midlands east and west get pasted over night but then it starts to move south and come to a holt over northampton south tomorrow. I'm not sure but the band further north isn't that the origanal front that was suppose to collide or is the main band that front. I have missed most of the mornings radar watching due to sleep.

Posted

Good afternoon from Snowy Northants,

Sky Weather are the least optimistic compared to BBC and GFS. For 8am tomorrow the snow cutoff point was a line roughly from Weymouth to Ipswich. Further north looked dry. Something like this:

post-5649-1233848072_thumb.jpg

Not sure what they're basing that on but I do hope it is incorrect, else not looking as good as last night for this region.

I'll keep an eye on it :doh:

Posted
I agree, it is actually hard to see how places such as Kent would now get affected but im sure they will win because its the East. :doh:

Lets hope the ppn off the south coast hits the east midlands again.this time tomorrow we could have over 12 inches of snow on the ground. :D

Posted
I am 90% sure that band in North Brum won't reach us mate. The band tonight is the one we need. If it reaches Leicester and stalls as it is supposed to do then we are in the money. If it stalls about 15 miles South of Leicester I will cry :doh:

I can't see much of this snow we have now melting before it gets dark, if this got topped up with another covering it would be FANTASTIC! The park near me is covered in 4 inches of snow and it's not melted on the park.

I'm off to the shop to get some beers in for tonight ... ( should be another long 1) I'm going to nip to the park with the kids and try have a little play in the snow. I'm very dissapointed with my self in this cold spell I have spent all my time on here instead of enjoying the snow. I was suppose to be at work today, but lucky for me heavy snow in peterborough canceled trains . (If my boss found out the real reason is I over slept ill be in trouble lol) Here's hoping for a shower of sorts on my way back from the park it will be getting dark by then .

Posted
Good afternoon from Snowy Northants,

Sky Weather are the least optimistic compared to BBC and GFS. For 8am tomorrow the snow cutoff point was a line roughly from Weymouth to Ipswich. Further north looked dry. Something like this:

post-5649-1233848072_thumb.jpg

Not sure what they're basing that on but I do hope it is incorrect, else not looking as good as last night for this region.

I'll keep an eye on it :doh:

Well the Radar already doesnt really agree with that. It would have to start going pretty much straight east for that!

Even if it just continued North East now we would most likely be hit!

Posted

UPDATE ON THE PRECIP TONIGHT FOR WEST MIDLANDERS!

ukprec.png

Slightly further West now on the latest 12z GFS run, upgrade maybe?

Posted
UPDATE ON THE PRECIP TONIGHT FOR WEST MIDLANDERS!

ukprec.png

Slightly further West now on the latest 12z GFS run, upgrade maybe?

Yummy!

Could i end up with another day off tomorrow as Worcestershire County Council has even less grit? :doh: