Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted

you beat me to it andy , gfs sticking to its guns . Although tha band seems to be moving north east and gfs has it moving south during this afternoon so I'm not sure whats going on. 12z looks rubbish for us until around 3am again .. (typical lol)

Rtavn244.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

What I want to know is... Why the heck have the BBC and Sky weather forecast snow for the South East tomorrow? the GFS says it's a complete non-event, not even sleet.

prectypeuktopo.png

prectypeuktopo.png

Posted
UPDATE ON THE PRECIP TONIGHT FOR WEST MIDLANDERS!

ukprec.png

Slightly further West now on the latest 12z GFS run, upgrade maybe?

:doh::D

I Find this rather amusing..... just shows you how much a little bit of change can make a difference aye. :D

Posted
I am 90% sure that band in North Brum won't reach us mate. The band tonight is the one we need. If it reaches Leicester and stalls as it is supposed to do then we are in the money. If it stalls about 15 miles South of Leicester I will cry :doh:

I can't see much of this snow we have now melting before it gets dark, if this got topped up with another covering it would be FANTASTIC! The park near me is covered in 4 inches of snow and it's not melted on the park.

where is this band of snow that is apparently heading our way :lol:

hope you can help.

Posted
where is this band of snow that is apparently heading our way :lol:

hope you can help.

To the south of Devon at the moment, it is meant to move North and North Eastwards overnight. Whether it will reach us is uncertain, GFS model run says it will, BBC and Met-Office say it won't... It's annoying me really because I thought there would be some certainty in the forecast with only 18 hours to go.

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
What I want to know is... Why the heck have the BBC and Sky weather forecast snow for the South East tomorrow? the GFS says it's a complete non-event, not even sleet.

You just watch it you matey, don't count your chickens yet! :lol:

That's the only model that puts it so far W so far - an upgrade though, with only heavy no in the SE.

Posted
Looks about spot on to me.

Thats what im getting at, the more accurate the gfs charts are to what is shown on the radar, then gives us a better chance that they might be right for tomorrow morning, giving us a chance it will reach us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
omgggg dont ell me we are in for more snow

Possibly though not as heavy as a bit further south probably but another covering is possible if the way the radar is going continues...

Posted
Well the Radar already doesnt really agree with that. It would have to start going pretty much straight east for that!

Even if it just continued North East now we would most likely be hit!

Are you looking at the right thing? It's the precip over French Brittany that needs watching. If it heads directly NE, it's heavy no for the West Mids.

Posted
To the south of Devon at the moment, it is meant to move North and North Eastwards overnight. Whether it will reach us is uncertain, GFS model run says it will, BBC and Met-Office say it won't... It's annoying me really because I thought there would be some certainty in the forecast with only 18 hours to go.

But there wasn't last night Andy. BBC weather at 6 o'clock had main snow in midlands and the Bristol area only having an hour or two of snow before turning to rain.

The 10.35 national forecast on BBC1 then said the Bristol area was going to bear the brunt of the snow and that turned out pretty accurate.

Another 'wait and see' event i think! :lol:

Posted

post-6740-1233849646_thumb.png

I wish it falls where the precip type charts say lol (my house is the red dot) roughly... obviously it nt quite that big

Edited by SnowTornado

Posted
Possibly though not as heavy as a bit further south probably but another covering is possible if the way the radar is going continues...

so this wont be an all nighter then just a tad covering so sleep lol

it hasnt got above +1 all day its now 0.2

cher

x

Posted
You just watch it you matey, don't count your chickens yet! :doh:

That's the only model that puts it so far W so far - an upgrade though, with only heavy no in the SE.

It's an accurate precip forecast model at such a short timeframe though, you just don't want me to get any more snow :lol: I can see you willing the snow to bugger off and miss Leicester :doh:

Posted

post-6740-1233849953_thumb.jpg

hmmm, that basically says we dont know about whats gonna happen apart from the fact it should at least definately snow in the high risk area.

Posted
Are you looking at the right thing? It's the precip over French Brittany that needs watching. If it heads directly NE, it's heavy no for the West Mids.

I know what Blizzards has his eye on. I have got my eye on it aswell, it's this precip that is important for the Midlands.

post-2115-1233850049_thumb.jpg

Posted
It's an accurate precip forecast model at such a short timeframe though, you just don't want me to get any more snow :lol: I can see you willing the snow to bugger off and miss Leicester :doh:

Afternoon Mr Andy no we dont wish that really honest :doh:

lol

cher

x

Posted
Afternoon Mr Andy no we dont wish that really honest :doh:

lol

cher

x

Afternoon Mrs cher B)

Haha you don't but Yeti does :nonono: He knows i'll start calling him something he doesen't like soon :p:rofl:

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!
I know what Blizzards has his eye on. I have got my eye on it aswell, it's this precip that is important for the Midlands.

I`m getting scared about the two huge black mushrooms heading for leicestershire !! :rofl:

Andy, would you like an arrow drawing lesson ?? :nonono: