Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
I do this kind of thing far too often really but seeing as it's yet another borderline situation for us Midlanders I am going to do it again :rolleyes:

Here is my prediction for the band of precip overnight and tomorrow morning...

In the black area I think thats the most likely track but the other colour (I'm colour deficient/colour blind so I don't know what colour it is :nonono: Someone tell me!) is where I think the band could reach aswell, but slightly less chance for that, doesen't mean it won't though.

The outer colour is grey which im pleased to say im in! :D

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
The outer colour is grey which im pleased to say im in! :rolleyes:

Haha I thought it was Grey but didn't want to say " Black and Grey incase someone said it was a different colour lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Haha I thought it was Grey but didn't want to say " Black and Grey incase someone said it was a different colour lol.

:D ...well im glad things are looking better for us because i think a spot of revenge is on after the East has robbed our previous stuff. Still a bit knife edge for here but so much better.

Posted

well stormforce your guess is as good as mine lunchtime weather showed about 6 hours of snow from the early hours just looked at bbc online showing snownearly everywhere except where you and i live so spin a coin time i think

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
It does happen, Andy. There's such a complicated and marginal battlefront at the moment that it might all come down to nowcasting tonight and early tomorrow morning.

Interesting indeed.

Regards,

Mike.

well to be honest i couldnt make head and tail if that second image then , couldnt quite get it to work , i did notice the position of the low been west though wich is good

Posted
well stormforce your guess is as good as mine lunchtime weather showed about 6 hours of snow from the early hours just looked at bbc online showing snownearly everywhere except where you and i live so spin a coin time i think

Hey jy change that LOCATION!!

good covering here this morning with about 3 inchs on the ground, now we have patchs left.

I have been upto Pangbourne, Berkshire today and been working in 5-6 inchs of snow!

now i get home and see we are in for another pasting tonight!!

Hope it stays a bit colder tomorrow and the snow stays longer.

Like the chart Andy :D

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
I do this kind of thing far too often really but seeing as it's yet another borderline situation for us Midlanders I am going to do it again :D

Here is my prediction for the band of precip overnight and tomorrow morning...

In the black area I think thats the most likely track but the other colour (I'm colour deficient/colour blind so I don't know what colour it is :D Someone tell me!) is where I think the band could reach aswell, but slightly less chance for that, doesen't mean it won't though.

Not quite so sure mate, I'd put the risk like this:

post-5260-1233853066_thumb.png

Posted

if u go to www.bbc.co.uk/weather and watch the forecast on there they say snow no further north than london???? clearing the south east by around 1pm

Posted

LMAO!!!!!!!! snow sheild over Cardiff and Leicester :D:D:):)

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted

Ladies...stop the scrappy fighting! :D

That map doesnt bother me because im still in the white..just. :D

Posted

Unless that precip changes direction big time, very soon, there is no way the BBC is going to be right. Even if it goes from NNE to NE, it's due to hit Lincs. It needs to move ENE for the BBC to be right, and there are no signs of this at all as yet.

Posted

http://91.121.94.83/modeles/gens/run/gens-7-2-18.png?12

Well many of the ensembles have tonights snow getting as far as North West Wales & into the North Midlands as you can see in one of the members above.

Perhaps for once a miracle will happen and the heaviest snow will come straight here :D if only...

Posted
if u go to www.bbc.co.uk/weather and watch the forecast on there they say snow no further north than london???? clearing the south east by around 1pm

Out of date in my opinion, thats the same forecast for the last few hours or even more.The actual precpitation is still moving quite well North and not far of the Coast of SW England and its further West than previously thought.

Posted
Hey jy change that LOCATION!!

good covering here this morning with about 3 inchs on the ground, now we have patchs left.

I have been upto Pangbourne, Berkshire today and been working in 5-6 inchs of snow!

now i get home and see we are in for another pasting tonight!!

Hope it stays a bit colder tomorrow and the snow stays longer.

Like the chart Andy :clap:

Well the chart I posted...The black was to indicate where I think the main band of precip will go, not where it will snow. It may not start off as snow in Hampshire in the morning but might turn to snow as the day wears on and the colder air heads South...

Posted

really find that forecast on bbc site strange how either 1 or the other gfs/bbc will get this so wrong. gfs shows 7.2mm of precip between midnight and 6pm tomoz, mostly between 3 and 9am. yet they say no snow north of london clearing the south east by 1pm some 8hours earlier than the gfs expects it to leave the south east?????????????

it may be out of date but only by few hours and only 20hours before what it is there forecasting. If we get snow tonight will show them to look very useless.

Edited by SnowTornado

Posted
Ahh, my internets struggling to load this bloody forum! :D

So, whats on the cards for North Birmingham tonight folks?

Im guessing nothing.. :clap:

Could be lots a this rate...

Posted
Well the chart I posted...The black was to indicate where I think the main band of precip will go, not where it will snow. It may not start off as snow in Hampshire in the morning but might turn to snow as the day wears on and the colder air heads South...

We were just kidding about that colour really btw, it's pink.

:clap::D:D

(jks)

Posted
http://91.121.94.83/modeles/gens/run/gens-7-2-18.png?12

Well many of the ensembles have tonights snow getting as far as North West Wales & into the North Midlands as you can see in one of the members above.

Perhaps for once a miracle will happen and the heaviest snow will come straight here :clap: if only...

Very interesting.

Posted
LMAO!!!!!!!! snow sheild over Cardiff and Leicester :clap::D:D:D

Haha. I didn't realise that until you mentioned it but it sure made me laugh.

I think we've all learn't that anything can happen. It seems from what I remember (correct me if i'm wrong) the last few GFS runs have been showing it being further west with each run. Whether this means anything or than better outlook for us then I dont know.. I might be wrong on that but thats from what I can generally remember

Edited by MidlandsSean

Posted
Unless that precip changes direction big time, very soon, there is no way the BBC is going to be right. Even if it goes from NNE to NE, it's due to hit Lincs. It needs to move ENE for the BBC to be right, and there are no signs of this at all as yet.

Indeed and realisticly they are already wrong unless about 1000mph winds suddenly pushed it East! :clap: This certainly is alot better for us. :D

South East England...Youve got no Chance! :D

They probably will still get something as it goes back South.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!

I hope I am wrong but I can't see Tamworth getting anything. Hopefully who guys in Brum and Leicester will!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
Thanks!

Oh it's thawing so quickly :clap:

Interesting in north oxfordshire had a real dumping of snow but more thaw here then down in swindon (been there) where I guess the temps have been around 0.5c most of the day.

1.5c here

Posted
really find that forecast on bbc site strange how either 1 or the other gfs/bbc will get this so wrong. gfs shows 7.2mm of precip between midnight and 6pm tomoz, mostly between 3 and 9am. yet they say no snow north of london clearing the south east by 1pm some 8hours earlier than the gfs expects it to leave the south east?????????????

it may be out of date but only by few hours and only 20hours before what it is there forecasting. If we get snow tonight will show them to look very useless.

This could be another interesting night you know, I am going to go bed about 9pm and wake up at 3am to see where the precip is at but so far it's in line with the GFS predictions and not the BBC.

ukprec.png

Supposed to be there between 7-9pm and then here by 6am...

ukprec.png

Looking at the current radar image that does not look out of the question now at all.

Edited by andy_leics22